main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Need help with a lightsabers

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by TemporalAcc, Apr 13, 2015.

1. TemporalAcc

TemporalAcc Jedi Youngling

Apr 13, 2015
    (excuse my grammar, I speak spanish)

Hey threre!, I've never seen a single star wars movie :( so I thought I could seek for help on a forum, so here I am!

Anyways, I don't wanna go into deep details, I'm doing some 3D models for a friend, lightsabers, so I've had a hard time trying to find accurate references (images), because there seem to be different concepts of the same lightsabers, so I guess the lightsaber's concept change between movies?, I don't know.

For example, I've found three diferent references for the Anakin's lightsaber

[​IMG]

If the three of them are correct (implying they do change between movies), which one would you say its the most "Anakin" one?, like, which one comes up to your mind when you hear "Anakin's lightsaber", any kind of help is welcome :)

while we are at it, could we do the same for the following lightsabers:
    - Darth Vader's
    - Master Yoda's
    - Mace Windu

(please post an accurate reference of them)

I promise to watch the movies! :)

2. TemporalAcc

TemporalAcc Jedi Youngling

Apr 13, 2015
    Ok I can't see an edit option on my last post, so... is this the correct forum section?, else someone please move it somewhere else

3. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I would have to say the Top one is the most anakin to me.

4. Jabba the Pizza

Jabba the Pizza Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 16, 2015
    Bottom looks like anakin

5. Darth_Nub

Darth_Nub Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 26, 2009
    The top one appears to be the 'Anakin/Luke Skywalker' lightsaber that was given to Luke in SW/ANH (i.e. the one Anakin used while fighting Obi-Wan on Mustafar, which Obi-Wan took away), it doesn't have that extra black fitting half way.

The other two seem roughly the same - PT-era, probably the one Anakin had in AOTC prior to it being cut in half in the droid factory. Closer resemblance to Vader's OT-era lightsaber, which also had a black fitting at the blade end.

6. Jabba the Pizza

Jabba the Pizza Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 16, 2015
    Top one looks like anakin BBY. Others resemble vaders lightsaber.
    Vaders one on the end has a sloped exit while luke and anakin jedi have a normal exit and the lightsaber is thinner overall.

7. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Somehow it slipped through my fingers before... Your thread belongs to customing and props, thus I moved it. Good luck and much fun watching the movies!
    Btw, if you like them just a tiny bit, don't hesitate to become a regular poster in here. :)

8. HarbingerKing

HarbingerKing Jedi Youngling

Apr 19, 2015
  9. Darth Ukendt

Darth Ukendt Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 24, 2015
    I think the bottom one would be my personal preference of the three, due to the fact that it seems more familiar than the others.