main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Never a Master--RotS AU--What if Obi-Wan had had the visions instead of Anakin? Author notes 7/12

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Luna_Nightshade, Feb 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Luna_Nightshade

Luna_Nightshade Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2006
    Thank you all for your readership and replies--it means so much to me! I'm sorry this is a bit later than expected... Darth Midterm Exams has had me ridiculously busy this week. However, it is finally ready. I hope you all enjoy!

MoAngel: Palpy is scum, indeed. I'm glad you're intrigued! Thank you for reading!

JediAffairs: Why, thank you! Red flags are indeed going up-but what to do about them? Thank you for reading!

Iaranon: Padme does have a Senator's mind to see hidden messages--but whether she follows that or not? The question of the day... Thanks for reading!

Fat_Bird: Indeed, that is a major alarm bell. Thank you for reading!

Anakin_Heartbreaker:
    I'm glad you're enjoying it, and I hope to keep you duly entertained! Palpy is always doing weird, creepy-crawly things, indeed. Thanks so much for reading!

__Sithspawn__
    : Padme is in her right mind--but who is logically safe to tell? Thanks, and thank you for reading!

LilyHobbitJedi: Palpy always seems to know more than he should... but would telling the Jedi now lead to potential undue suspicions about Padme's children? Hmm.... Thanks for reading!

VA_Parky: Thanks--and Mace definitely needs a good spa treatment or something. Thanks for coming on in here and reading!

Tzigone: I agree--Obi-Wan has been more than a little shaken up by his vision and I think that's starting to show. Hmm... Anakin definitely caught a bad break, as usual, and he's acting the way he always does when his world gets messed up. Thanks so much for reading!

FitJedi: Padme is definitely caught between all of her allegiances at the moment, yet which one would be the best to follow in this situation (since we know she'll want to apply her Senatorial mind to the situation)? Thank you so much for reading!

obsessedwithSW: Thanks! Palps is the master of faking the grandfather tone, and Anakin needs to shape up and realize it. Thanks for reading!

jacen200015: I do think Anakin and Padme could use a nice vacation... on Naboo... away from the dirty, nasty old dude... and preferably without sand. Thanks so much for reading!

Darth_Father-in-law: Padme definitely needs to figure some things out... Thank you so much for reading!

Star_Angel: Lol--lightsaber where the sun don't shine... ah, well, Padme needs to hurry up and get Anakin on that trail. Thank you so much for reading!

aden: Yikes, indeed! Thank you for reading!

KELIA: Thanks... the tension is a bit uncharacteristic for Obi-Wan... but he is the only one who has really seen the intense gravity of the situation, and I think he may have been a bit frazzled by it. Thank you so much for reading!

Dragonlady: No, Yoda really was the leader, but in his absence, Windu seemed to take up that unofficial role, especially in the form of spokesman. At least, that was the way I interpreted it. [face_thinking] Padme definitely has her ideals, but can she choose them over her vow to keep her relationship with Anakin and their children secret, for their safety? T'is the complicated question. Thanks for reading!

Ani-maniac: *bows gracefully back* Palps always seems to know enough to unnerve you and screw things up. Always there for a good scare moment. Thanks so much for reading! *nudges the cliff-hanging gear your way*

Kestrel_Kenobi
    : Thanks--I loved how the conversations could be tweaked just a bit. Our Jedi certainly need to come to the rescue. Isn't that their job? [face_thinking] Maybe they need one of those good career in-services... Thanks for reading!

Pyxelle: Palpy would definitely have made me thrown up or kick him right there, but Padme's far too civilized for that. Thank you so much for reading!

Star_Drifter: Glad Mace and Palps could make good punching bags for you! Thanks so much for reading!

CrazyAni: Lol, Anakin definitely needs to learn what's going on... but what will he think if he knows?

2. obsessedwithSW

obsessedwithSW Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2005
    Obi-Wan felt like his entire world came crashing down in one dark moment. Palpatine? Palpatine is Force-sensitive. Obi-Wan closed his eyes so he wouldn?t see the man on the video screen anymore and swallowed back the burn in his throat. Palpatine is our secret Sith.

Why would Palpatine make it that obvious?

Amazing, all three of them got the connection! I am impressed! Obi-Wan Anakin's marriage is the least of your problems.
    Excellent question OBi-Wan Palpatine has a reason to come out in the open. I wonder...

Great,great post Luna !
    I am eagerly awaiting the next post.......
    still waiting...

3. Ani-maniac

Ani-maniac Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    Can you save her? Why would Palpatine know? Who would have told him? How did they know? Is there anyone trustworthy enough with this secret that could help? Had the Jedi? had the Jedi suspected Padmé?s pregnancy before this?

Hmmm... I wonder if part of why Palpatine chose to reveal his knowledge was because he wanted to throw Anakin off guard... or perhaps he will try to somehow convince Anakin that the Jedi told him... [face_thinking]

Obi-Wan felt like his entire world came crashing down in one dark moment. Palpatine? Palpatine is Force-sensitive. Obi-Wan closed his eyes so he wouldn?t see the man on the screen anymore and swallowed back the burn in his throat. Palpatine is our secret Sith.

At least now he knows. But Palpatine never does anything without a reason, so he might of wanted Obi-Wan to know... I have a bad feeling about this... [face_worried]

And I love it! :D :D :D

Amazing work as always, my Padawan Sisiter. [:D]

Ani-maniac

4. MoAngel

MoAngel Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 13, 2005
    Oh that conniving sith scum Palpatine! His sniveling hive of villainy must be destroyed and by the chosen one, no less. Looking forward to MORE. (HINT, HINT)! SOON... (more HINT, HINT)!

Mo

5. Iaranon

Iaranon Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 30, 2005
    The plot's thickens even more! It's now so thick that you'll need a drill to get through it. So many questions we all have now! And what a brilliant new twist this is, as if the twist in the original premise was not enough. Luna you are truly a master/mistress of the art of surprise! Now Obi-Wan knows about Anakin's marriage, and he's about to make a report to Mace. [face_worried] But he also knows that Palpatine is the Sith Lord! [face_dancing] Now all they have to do is prove it. Not an easy task to be sure, but if it were easy then there would scarcely be any need for a Jedi to handle it. Great post, I can't wait for more.

6. ___Sithspawn___

___Sithspawn___ Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 17, 2004
    Yes, Obi-Wan knows! Situation's definitely salvageable...

But wait, Palps seems to be scheming, as always. *has a bad feeling about this*

Good post.

7. Star_Angel

Star_Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2006
    Palpatine is our secret Sith. Well, Obi is a lot smarter here then in the movie?So now when he knows, what is he going to do?[face_thinking]

Can?t wait for the next update[face_praying] and thank you so much for the pm[:D] .

8. Peagis

Peagis Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 14, 2005
    Wow i guess that chapter answered my previous question! Great chapter! Can't wait for the next one!

9. Darth_Father-in-law

Darth_Father-in-law Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 17, 2005
    Wow, that was great. I'm glad that Obi knows, I just wish things will work out, because I do have a bad feeling about this.
    He has to tell about Palpatine!

Thanks for the PM, and please post soon!

10. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Well at least Obi-Wan hasn't been so blinded by Palpatine's manipulations that he can't see the truth.

Poor Anakin doesn't see it because he doesn't want to.

I'm anxious to see what Obi-Wan does next now that he knows about Palpatine and Anakin and Padme's relationship.

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

11. LilyHobbitJedi

LilyHobbitJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 29, 2005
    Whoa what a shocking chapter! I'm torn between being happy that Obi knows that Palpatine is the Sith Lord and being extremely worried.[face_worried] I can't wait to find out what happens next. Awesome post! =D= =D=

12. aden

aden Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 30, 2005
    uh oh
    obi knows [face_worried]

13. CrazyAni

CrazyAni Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2006
    Hi, aunt Luna!:D

Great chapter! I loved the way Obi-Wan found out about Anakin's and Padne's relationship. Yay, Obi also knows that Palpatine is a Sith Lord!

Anakin seems to suspect something as well. I hope his affection to Palpatine won't blind him and he will put two and two together. But, alas, this would make the fic too short...

Thanks for the PM![:D]

Your *niece*

CrazyAni

14. Star_Drifter

Star_Drifter Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 18, 2005
    Using Mace and Palps as punching bags was very therapeutic for me in place of Darth RL! Thanks, Luna! ;)

?Shh? Palpatine is a good man. Nothing will come of it. It may even be good, to have him know. He will take care of you, and he won?t tell?? Anakin soothed, and then suddenly he heard her for real. ?Babies??

Oh, yes, Anakin, Palpatine certainly will take care of you both! [face_mischief]

Anakin, why did you let her go in there alone? You cannot hear what they say from out there! Obi-Wan had to swallow a sudden urge to smack his former Padawan on the back of the head with his lightsaber hilt. Does he not understand the situation? Cocky as ever.

See, Luna, I'm not the only one having those therapeutic urges! [face_beatup]

Obi-Wan had failed Qui-Gon?s order! Qui-Gon had told him to train the boy, to prepare him to be the Chosen One? and how could Anakin fulfill the prophecy once Mace would undoubtedly release him from the Order as soon as even one of those babies started showcasing Force sensitivity and? and a Force signature like? like Anakin?s. Oh, but it all made horrible sense now, the thoughts of those two signatures within Padmé? yet Anakin himself had not been there. Why?

[face_thinking] Good question... However, Sidious undoubtedly has his own plans for your former Apprentice, Obi-Wan! :D

Wonderful update, Luna! [:D]

Star

15. bibphile

bibphile Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 20, 2003

Not necessarily. If it's just sex then it's not against the code.

Okay, so there is no way Obi-Wan could possibly convince himself that Anakin's relationship with Padme is casual or not an attachment. :)

16. mixza

mixza Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2004

Obi-Wan felt like his entire world came crashing down in one dark moment. Palpatine? Palpatine is Force-sensitive. Obi-Wan closed his eyes so he wouldn?t see the man on the screen anymore and swallowed back the burn in his throat. Palpatine is our secret Sith.

Good for Obi-Wan, he figured it out! =D=

Excellent chapter, I loved it. :)

17. Jaya Solo

Jaya Solo Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 1999
    Nice story! I'm glad I clicked on it. You take several unexpected turns. Obi-Wan seems to not be quite as blind as he was before and Palpy is quite more bold in this story. Great job.

18. Anakin_Heartbreaker

Anakin_Heartbreaker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    :eek:

I am speechless!!!! What an incredible chapter!!!!

I have to say this though, I am glad that Obi-Wan figured out the truth. Can't wait for more. :)

19. VA_Parky

VA_Parky Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 10, 2005
    :eek: Buckle up, everyone! It's going to be a wild ride!

Wow! Everyone knows everything. And thank goodness Obi-wan is wising up to the truth! Leave it to Anakin to make up excuses for Palpatine - grrrr! :mad: But that makes sense, I suppose. He hates to think bad of the people he cares about - (well, except for Padme in ROTS). :(

Fantastic update, Luna! I love this story!!

20. Kestrel_Kenobi

Kestrel_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 26, 2005
    Yay! Go Obi! Although I can't help but think there's something else going on... [face_worried]

Fab update Luna - I look forward to the next installment!

21. Pyxelle

Pyxelle Jedi Youngling star 1

May 30, 2005
    THANK YOU for making our heroes intelligent!

Sometimes you just want to slap a character because the truth is SO OBVIOUS...

Anyways, I can't wait to read the next part! Windu died in RotS...but things are different here...hmmm.

And I want to know why Palps is letting go of his veil of secrecy, too...what evil little plan is the worm thinking up?

Awesome story!

Pyxelle

22. jacen200015

jacen200015 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    I have a very bad feeling about this [face_worried]

23. Luna_Nightshade

Luna_Nightshade Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2006
    My apologies to everyone for the time it took to post the next chapter. My life has been difficult recently, as I lost a close family friend in a car accident a few days ago. As such I've been shaken up, to say the least, and my time both on the Forums and in DRL has suffered. I am heartbroken, both because of the loss and because I cannot be with my family at this time. Writing has been comforting, though, so I give you... the next chapter.

Thank you all so much for reading and responding. I truly cannot express to you how much that means to me.

obsessedwithSW
    : Indeed, Anakin's marriage is the least of all his problems... and you are right to wonder. [face_devil] Thank you for reading!

Ani-maniac: *waves at a member of my beloved e-family* Palpy's little escapade indeed has a purpose... bwahahaha. *hands the cliff-hanging gear over* Don't worry, I repaired it just in time for you. Thank you so much for reading!

MoAngel:
    Lol--yes, the man so like the fuzzy gunk at the bottom of a fishbowl needs to be destroyed. I should get someone on that right away. Thank you for reading!

Iaranon
    : Why, thank you! [face_blush] I took diligent notes from Ani-maniac during my padawanship. Thank you so much for reading! I'd be happy to complicate things more for you. [face_whistling] Proof of Palp's Sithiness will be easy to find... well, you'll see.

__Sithspawn__: Yes, the situation is still salvageable, but Palpy has never really liked to keep it that way. Thank you for reading!

Star_Angel: Indeed... I never thought Obi-Wan would have missed all the cues and feelings like in RotS, no matter how busy he was with Grievous. Thank you so much for reading!

Peagis
    : Glad you liked it! Thanks for reading!

Darth_Father-in-law: I hope things work out too, for our beloved Anakin's sake. He could use a break once in awhile. Thanks for reading!

KELIA: Right--Obi-Wan never did fall prey to Palpatine's orchestrations, so he can still think clearly about things... and now, about everything. Thanks for reading!

LilyHobbitJedi:
    Oh, worry not, my hobbit loving friend. Cliff-hanging gear is available at both entrances--Ani-maniac graciously has put them on loan for me. Thank you for reading!

aden: Uh oh is right. Thanks for reading!

CrazyAni: Hello, my niece! Indeed, that would shorten this fic considerably... not to worry, though. Obi-Wan has much left to do. Thank you for reading!

Star_Drifter:
    Indeed... Sidious has had a plan for Anakin throughout his entire life it seems... with plenty of opportunities for therapeutic urges along the way. Thank you for reading!

bibphile: Oh, technicalities of the Code. ;) But I'm sure Anakin would not have been content with just a casual relationship with Padme... and Obi-Wan knew it. Thank you for reading!

mixza: Yay for Obi, indeed! Thank you so much for reading.

Jaya Solo
    : Indeed--I took away Obi's blinders for the time being. Thank you for coming on in--I'm glad to have you, and I hope to see you back again. Thanks for reading!

Anakin_Heartbreaker: I'm glad you liked it! [face_blush] I agree--Obi deserve to not be in the dark all along. He is a good man, with a good heart. Thank you so much for reading--I hope I continue to keep you entertained!

VA_Parky
    : Indeed--we're in for quite the show. Of course Anakin refuses to accept what he doesn't want to see--we need to break him of that one of these days. Thank you so much for reading! I'm honored you like it so much. [face_blush]

Kestrel_Kenobi:
    Oh, with Palps, there's always 1000 things going on at once, all tangled up in horrible webs. This is just one thread... Thank you so much for reading!

Pyxelle:
    YOU'RE WELCOME--see? They really are smarter than this! :) Our favorite worm is always cooking a little something for everyone, and Mace will get to see it with his own eyes now.

24. LilyHobbitJedi

LilyHobbitJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 29, 2005
    ?Darkness has clouded our eyes since Geonosis,? he rationalized.

How very true!

?Come,? he said, a sharp edge to his voice. ?We will take him together.?

Mace and Obi versus Palpy? Oh my, that doesn't sound like a good situation in the least. [face_worried]

Anakin laughed bitterly. ?You are the Senator, Padmé. You?re beginning to sound as if you don?t love your job.?

[face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Thank you for the cliffhanging gear, I certainly can use it!
    Another great update!! =D= =D=

25. Ani-maniac

Ani-maniac Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    *happily waves back, and accepts cliff hanging gear* Thank you for reparing it. We will need to keep sharing it for a while I think. ;)

Anakin?s disobedience was not to be tolerated, not even by his Master? especially not by his Master. Yet, somehow? somehow Obi-Wan could not bring himself to speak it. Anakin? Something instinctive, something grown over years of brotherhood and tempered with months of war, made Obi-Wan desperate to protect his Padawan. Telling Mace now would ruin and break Anakin. Now was not the time. He would not break Anakin?s secret until they had at least spoken first.

I am happy that Obi-Wan hasn't told Mace about what Anakin has done. Hopefully, when Obi-Wan speaks to Anakin, Anakin will finally be honest with him.

He wanted to carry his children down to the lakeshore when they were a bit older, to dip their feet in the water and build sandcastles with them. He wanted to surprise Padmé with lotus blossoms from the marketplace downtown. He wanted to teach his children to walk in the field where he and Padmé had had their picnic. He wanted to bring his children to Theed Palace, to the Gungans, to the place where Qui-Gon?s funeral pyre had been. He wanted to make Naboo?green and verdant and soft Naboo? their home.

This is such a beautiful image...and almost bittersweet knowing what happened to Anakin in ROTS... Perhaps now though, he will have a chance to see those dreams come true.

I wanted to tell you how sorry I am for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you, and I pray that God will help you and your family.

Ani-maniac

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.