main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC new best friends club thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by tom, Dec 15, 2014.

1. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    It’s a small community inside the city. Right now there are five elementary schools in the community but the one where I work is the oldest one; it took on the parade probably 15 years ago and has kept it going since.

Juliet316, J-Rod and Runjedirun like this.
  2. Ava G.

Ava G. Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2016
    @J-Rod Colorado. It's 8 degrees F right now. [face_plain]

And you?

3. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    I am a morning person too! I attribute it to being on swim team. I've been getting in the pool at 5 AM a few times a week since Middle School. Went for a swim this AM, drinking my coffee and surfing the net now before I tackle boring Saturday chores.

OMG!!! This happened where my sons go to school!

https://www.wusa9.com/article/news/...l-assaults-on-fairfax-school-bus/65-622124208

As the parent of boys I'm freaking out reminding my eldest NEVER to touch a girl or anyone without asking first. Telling him not to do things he probably barely understands since he's 10. My other son is too young to understand, but he worries me more when he gets older. I mean I've already had this talk with my son thanks to the world we live in, but yeesh I can only imagine how the parents of girls feel.

4. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Are you not from CO?

Runjedirun likes this.
  5. J-Rod

J-Rod Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 28, 2004
    Those kids will remember those parades every year for the rest of their lives! That's a huge impact!
    Beautiful sunny Arizona! High of 68 today, tho. Coldest winter in decades.

6. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    I'm also a morning person. I'm generally up before the sun, most days.

...but I also live with depression, so sometimes, I'm up all night, with naps here and there... but even then, I generally see the sun rise. :p

Last edited: Dec 8, 2018
    Healer_Leona likes this.
  7. J-Rod

J-Rod Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 28, 2004
    I'm one of those annoyingly positive energetic guys. I've been a bit slower since breaking my ankle last year tho. I'm feeling the years a bit lately. LOL!

8. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Here's today's rise... I'm almost always the only person out there, which is nice. It's a good routine.

[​IMG]

9. Ava G.

Ava G. Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2016
    @harpua No, ma'am. You probably know this place better than I do!

@J-Rod Sorry to hear about that harsh winter. Good luck! :p

Runjedirun and J-Rod like this.
  10. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    I was gonna say... you don't sound like a Colorado native. I have friends who strap spikes onto their shoes and hit the trails in 8 degree weather... less people out. :p

Ava G. likes this.
  11. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Happy Anniversary.

And Happy Freezing on a Parade Float Day.

12. Pensivia

Pensivia Force Ghost star 5

Apr 24, 2013
    Loved reading all the concert memories and anecdotes!

My first concert was Genesis (the Invisible Touch tour in 1987, lol). I had to beg and plead and work on my mom for weeks and weeks to finally get permission to go to that show with friends. I was completely obsessed with the experience and that's all I talked about for weeks afterward:p (I was 17).

Others I've seen (that I can remember at the moment):

Ready for the World/Bobby Brown/Glass Tiger/Wang Chung [face_laugh] (at Disney World's "Grad Nite" for FL seniors in '87)
    The Rolling Stones (Steel Wheels tour...'89, I think)
    Screaming Trees (early or mid 90s)
    Sting (early or mid 90s)
    The Cure (Wild Mood Swings Tour in '96)
    Bob Dylan (early 2000s)
    Max Weinberg (2000s)
    U2 (No Line on the Horizon 2009)

A pretty meager list compared to all the shows I wanted to see but somehow didn't/couldn't over the years, unfortunately. I really wanted to see the Joshua Tree Anniversary tour last year, but I'm so out of touch I didn't even know it was happening until a few days before and then I couldn't justify the expense of the tickets that were left considering how bad the seats were...

^so true, on all counts! We saw him in a smallish theater and I remember that his movement on stage consisted of occasionally stepping forward one step...and then stepping back again:p

13. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    The Rolling Stones are actually travelling through here next summer. I'm not a big fan of them, but I feel like I should go, I mean just cause I wish all musicians could live and tour for that many years. I doubt I'll go, but still I would if I knew someone who wanted to go with me. I won't regret it cause I only know like one Rolling Stones song, and I don't know if they'd play "You can't always get what you want" and I don't even like that song. It just gets stuck in my held all the time cause I have kids and I have to keep telling them they can't have everything.

Rew and Pensivia like this.
  14. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    They keep asking because they also know that song, and like the next lines. "But if you try sometime you'll find, you get what you need." And they think they need everything.

Rew and Runjedirun like this.
  15. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Hello besties.

I love my new apartment very much. Still gotta get the internets hooked up though. Also, I think I love my new work shift (1:30-10) despite me stressing about it earlier. It allows me to enjoy my mornings more (still get up around 8) and it dies down at work after 6. It's relaxing which is what I need right now since this fall has been chaos what with the apartment move in and work.

Also, I won three $25 gift cards for being a top efficient performer at work for the month of October, so I gotta figure out how to utilize those.

16. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Are they Cheesecake Factory gift cards? If not, put them right in the trash.

poor yorick and solojones like this.
  17. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    Hi bezzies how’s the weekend?

18. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Better in 2.5 hours when I leave work. How about you, bezzie?

19. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    A suden puppy has fallen in my lap and I'm going this afternoon to meet her and see if I want to get her :eek:

Rew, J-Rod, Runjedirun and 8 others like this.
  20. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Yay for sudden pets! I got one of those... we just randomly decided one day that we needed our cat.

21. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    I've been watching puppy and kitty videos this morning as I have neither. :(

Chewgumma likes this.
  22. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Yeah, I'd put a deposit with a breeder but their dogs aren't breeding. Then today my parents' dog breeder posted on Facebook that she has two puppies she is discounting because they want to place them soon since their siblings are going to homes now and they don't want them to be left behind. The temperment report for the girl sounded like a good fit, so I'm meeting her later to see what I think.

Runjedirun likes this.
  23. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    We are riding on the Polar Express tonight, daughter is really excited about it.

24. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    We did that a couple of years ago, it was fun.

25. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    My son and I went to the shelter to meet another cat, but that cat didn't turn out to be a good match for us. Diva, our cat, locked eyes with my son when we were passing by her cage. We asked to meet her, and she charmed the hell out of us within ten minutes, and we adopted her. She chose us.

Rew, Runjedirun, Chewgumma and 2 others like this.