main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New London Chapter Rep

Discussion in 'Archive: London UK' started by Jairen, Jun 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jairen

Jairen Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2000
    So, for my first duty as the new FFUK RSA, I think we need to look at giving you all a new Chapter Rep as the wonderful Yoshee retired from both RSA and CR a short time ago.

As such, please use this thread to start discussing possible candidates. I will come through here over the next week or so and grab the names from the thread, and I will put up a new poll for you to choose your new "leader" ;)

2. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Hmmmm, this could be tricky
    FFLonodn is not as large as it once was.

But I'm sure we all can come up with something :D

3. Jairen

Jairen Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2000
    Good. I'm looking for someone to pick this up and move forward, arrange more London meets etc, etc.

4. Welshguy

Welshguy Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2002
    I don't know if it's just me, but this forum seems to have become a lot quiter since Yoshee quit. I hope this is just a temporary situation and will be sorted once the new CR is elected.

Any nominations thus far?

5. Sebulba_Sloan

Sebulba_Sloan RSA Alumni star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 24, 2002
    The recent explosion of activity in the Regional Board tends to do this. But nevertheless London still remains the FFUK's largest chapter.

We need a strong CR, a CR who will not let our problem go on unabated.

*cue Jar Jar*

Seb :cool:

6. Number11MosEisley

Number11MosEisley Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 20, 2005
    Don't know if he wants it but i suggest Chrislyne.

Sorry CL;)

7. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    I'm honoured that you'd say that, but I don't live anywhere near London (I'm about 4-5 hours drive away) so it may be a bit hard for me to organise and attend stuff.

I don't mind helping out, and I'd be happy to fill the post for a while if need be, but I think you're probably best with someone from London so they can be more involved with small events and meets.

8. Darth_Daver

Darth_Daver Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 23, 2005
    Richie should do it.

9. Ramble_Boba

Ramble_Boba Jedi Master star 5

May 13, 2002
    I am not actually a Londoner, but after the marathon I would like you all to seriously consider Raj_Vader as a CR, if he did want to take on the role. I suggest him as he simply was the most organised man I have ever met, and I feel he could cope with all that comes with been the CR brilliantly. Of course he is currently busy with his exams, so if he might not want to take on such a burden. Also, it is not up for me to nominate, as I have said.

10. Sebulba_Sloan

Oct 24, 2002
    Very good suggestion Chris - Raj_Vader would make an excellent CR :)

Seb :D

11. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    I'll throw my support in for Raj if he wants it. He's a great guy!

12. TheDarthVader

TheDarthVader Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 22, 2005
    I think Raj_Vader would be a great choice.

13. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    Yes, I agree with having Raj as the CR. He seems enthusiastic, motivated, and is up for meets, etc, so I am sure he would do a good job.

14. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Thanks for the support Daver

I am curious. Is a CR basically just an RSA for FFLondon?
    Or do they have other requirements?

15. Enji

Enji Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 14, 2002
    CR is nothing like an RSA... the CR is the person responsible for the chapter. As CR you're the contact between your chapter and the FF administration, also you're responsible for getting meetings done and stuff like that. :)

A CR has no mod powers (at least not here, when (if...) we move to the new boards some CR's will have limited modding powers), but has to pester an RSA every time some modding needs to be done. The RSA's have mod powers and are there to help the CR's.

Some of the responsibilities of the CR is different in different chapters... in some they have a club president that takes care of stuff outside the forums, and some are like FF Sweden where I'm in charge of most things. Moahahahah! [face_devil]

16. Raj_Vader

Raj_Vader Jedi Master star 4

Mar 28, 2005
    :eek: :eek::eek: :eek: [face_blush] [face_blush][face_blush] [face_blush]

I leave the boards for two days and all hell breaks loose - you people are mad! :p

Rambles, Seb, Chris, TheDarthVader and Happy_Ninja - thanks very much for the support! :) [face_blush]

Gosh - well like Rambles said, I'm currently in the middle of my exams - and will be in a self-imposed exile until the 27th June (minus the possible meet on the 25th, and bear in mind that I'm posting this during my exile...!).

Thanks Enji for clearing up what being a CR means - ands thanks Richie for asking :D

I'd definitely like to get involved with the London chapter, whether as CR or not. It was refreshing to discover that there are other manic Star Wars fans in London - it'd be great to meet you guys (TheDarthVader excluded - I've seen enough of you... :p).

17. Stuey

Stuey Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 30, 2002
    Yep, Raj_Vader is definitely the man for the job, even though im not a Londoner

He helped me find my way around that maze of a city only two days ago when i was watching the wonderful System of a down and couldn't find my hotel. and he ;let me sleep in his frontroom at the marathon. He'll clearly do anything for star wars fans :D

18. TheDarthVader

TheDarthVader Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 22, 2005
    Order, Order

All hail Raj_Vader

19. Sebulba_Sloan

Oct 24, 2002
    Any man who'll let a load of stranger sleep in his frontroom with less than 2 days notice is more than qualified to be a CR!

Go Raj!
    Go Raj!

Seb :D

20. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Well Raj
    If you want to do it & you think you can handle all the responsibilities then you are very welcome to take the position

21. Raj_Vader

Mar 28, 2005
    Thanks Richie :)

Lets not get ahead of ourselves yet though! Still gotta be put to a poll - don't want a Gore/Bush scenario - and you better believe I'd call for a recount! [face_devil] :p

TheDarthVader - you're the Mas Ameda to my Vallorum.... who are you working for ?!? [face_worried] :D

22. Stuey

Stuey Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 30, 2002
    I think Raj needs the distraction from his revision, because you never stop do you :p

23. Raj_Vader

Mar 28, 2005
    haha - yeah - my exile is going really well today! I'm so buggered tomorrow....! [face_worried] :p

24. Ellbobin

Ellbobin Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2004
    Yosh quit! Why was I not informed?, dam holidays.

25. Sebulba_Sloan

Oct 24, 2002
    lol get with the times! Yoshee's gone retro [face_dancing]

Seb :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.