main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Char, NC New Members Check In Here!

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Jada, Oct 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. STARDOG-D-JEDI

STARDOG-D-JEDI Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 11, 2002
    The dog don't rock the facebook. I think it's a gov conspiracy to drain all our thoughts and lives away through the evil FARMVILLE!!!

YOU HEARD ME FARMVILLE!!!

YOU ARE EVIL!!!

so so evil...

Ka-ching!

2. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    You are absolutely correct my friend!

3. STARDOG-D-JEDI

STARDOG-D-JEDI Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 11, 2002
    KA-BOOOOOOOMMMMMMM!!!!!!

BIG EXPOLSION!!!!!!!!!

ALDERAN CHUNKS EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HA! HA! HA! HA!

4. DarthCeltic

DarthCeltic Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 5, 2010
    Name: Ryan
    Birthday: 02/24/1985
    SW Related Interests: I am into the movies, I idolize them and love to build lego versions of them.. I wish that I would be able to get them all.. but right now not an option... I might get into more but i am not sure yet..
    Non-SW Related Interests: I am into theatre, writing, reading. I love doctor who, Stargate universe and I love pretty much any and all fantasy.
    How did you get started on SW: It started for me when i was around 5.. ROTJ came on tv in 1990 and my aunt taped it for me.. i would watch it and wonder why there was only episode 4-6.. i couldnt logically understand why it jumped that far.. up.. i kept asking my parents, my aunt, anyone that would listen.. where is 1-3???? I have to see them! Ever since then I have watched them alot. My brother and I like to play where we quote a random line and we have to tell the scene its in. what happens prior.. what happens next who said it, line preceeding and line after..

I am glad to see there is a board for our area it is comforting to know im not the only sw "Dork" like my friends call me.. of course in those situations i laugh and say "you truly dont know what your missing..::waves hand:: "you will like star wars"...

5. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Hi Ryan,

Yes, we are around. I need to plan an activity but if you've read any of my recent posts my life has been sort of busy.

6. DarthCeltic

DarthCeltic Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 5, 2010
    I have indeed.. i understand.. i will check back periodically..

7. Magic_Vader_83

Magic_Vader_83 Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 27, 2007
    I am not really new but I am new to most people. I was excited to hear the group has expanded but there are not a whole lot of threads here so i hope this will change and we see more events and such.

I have been into star wars for about 24 years as my Father set me infront of the TV and played Return of the Jedi over and over again and bought me all the toys when I was 3 years old. I remember I even had the huge vintage B-wing as a kid. We had a tape of Jedi that was dubbed from a rental store tape and the ending was messed up so I never got to see Anakin's face at the end which always bummed me out. I think they made me watch it for the ewoks.
    Anyway I have 2 almost complete costumes right now. One is vader which is missing the body suit, and the chest box, (although I have a rubies chestbox.) And I also have an Obi-wan episode 3 costume that needs an under tunic, tunic, and possibly a new robe and the belt extended. I take costuming very seriously and love building props and putting costumes together. I have been collecting star wars toys since I was 3 but have gotten out of it recently as the amount of toys and figurs have made it hard for me to acquire all that are out. That's about it for me. Hope to see you all around. :)

8. babalabadingdong

babalabadingdong Jedi Youngling

Jun 13, 2011
    Name: Makayla
    Birthday: March 27
    SW Related Interests: I like to read and watch movies. I also like to role play or act out scenes and such or just making up my own.
    Non-SW Related Interests: Sports such as pole vaulting, I love to paint and pretty good at it.
    How did you get started on SW: Well I have been addicted to SW for as long as I can remember. I think Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back was the movie that got me hooked on it. :)

9. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Welcome Makayla. :)

I just realized I don't have a post in this thread. I'm definitely not a new member, I was CR from 2002-2004, but the board ebbs and flows so much that I'll do a re-introduction.

Name: Tracy

Birthday: December 13

SW Related Interests: All six films in the following order: ROTJ-AOTC-TPM-ESB-ANH-ROTS. TCW series. EU novels, mostly CW-era, few post-ROTJ. And I write fan fiction.

Non-SW Related Interests: Books. Reading books, reviewing books, trying to find a job as a librarian. Spending time with my kids. Writing/blogging. Experimenting with slow-cooker dishes. Travel, mostly armchair these days.

How did you get started on SW: I have very vivid memories of seeing ESB with my Dad in 1980, particularly the "I am your father" scene. (I didn't believe Vader, and for those of us who had to wait three years to find out...) My memory of seeing ANH in the theater is not as good, although I'm sure I saw it, and I do remember playing with the action figures and convincing my Mom to style my long hair in Princess Leia buns. I went to see ROTJ in 1983 to satisfy my teen crush on Han Solo, but Vader's redemption was heartwarming and I found myself very interested in his back story after that. Interest waned for awhile but was rekindled in 1995 when my husband bought the VHS box set with the Bill Moyers interviews.

10. RidingMyCarousel

RidingMyCarousel Jedi Master star 6

Feb 20, 2002
    Tracy, if it makes you feel any better.. I met you when I was 18. That was almost 10 years ago.

:p

<3

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.