main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga New Stories Index: January 2008

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by lazykbys_left, Feb 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lazykbys_left

lazykbys_left Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 17, 2005
    Hello, and welcome to the 2008 January New Stories Index for the Saga Board!

My name is lazykbys_left and I'm subbing as the New Saga Stories Indexer for the time being.

The following paragraphs are totally inaccurate since I'm compiling this list in February, but if you pretend it's still January and keep quiet about it, maybe no-one will notice. :D

This index will be updated daily with new fan fiction stories from this board for the current month. At the end of the month, this thread will be added to the master list along with those from the Before the Saga and Beyond the Saga boards.

New stories will be added to this list as I find them. Hopefully I won't miss any, but you're welcome to send me the info for your fic via private message. Also, it would help a lot if you would put the following information into the first post of your fic.:

Title:
    Author(s):
    Timeframe:
    Characters:
    Genre:
    Keywords:
    Summary:
    Notes:

Below is a list of common terms and abbreviations that will be helpful for readers searching this index using the find functions in their browsers:

H/L - Han/Leia
    L/M - Luke/Mara
    Ani/Ami, A/P, or A/A - Anakin and Amidala (Padmé)
    Obidala - Obi-Wan/Amidala
    EU - Expanded Universe (all of the books)
    JQ - The Jedi Quest books about Anakin Skywalker's youth before AotC.
    PT - Episodes 1-3, the prequel trilogy
    OT - Episodes 4-6, the original trilogy
    TPM - The Phantom Menace
    AotC - Attack of the Clones
    RotS- Revenge of the Sith
    ANH - A New Hope
    ESB - The Empire Strikes Back
    RotJ - Return of the Jedi
    inter-trilogy or IT - between the two trilogies
    AU - alternate universe
    OC - original (author-originated) characters
    GFFA - Galaxy Far, Far Away
    Obi-torture - Obi-Wan gets hurt and comforted
    H/C - hurt/comfort
    vignette - a one-post story, especially a single scene
    squad fic - fighter squadron stories
    humor - lots of silliness
    angst - anguish, torment, fear, anxiety
    crossover or x-over - mixing Star Wars with another movie, tv series or book
    round robin or RR - multi-author story inviting more people to join in (also called an add-on)
    song fic - a story based on the lyrics of a song

J/J - Jaina/Jag
    J/TK - Jacen/Tenel Ka
    K/J - Kyp/Jaina
    A/T - Anakin (Solo)/Tahiri
    S/S - The Skywalker and Solo families
    JA - The Jedi Apprentice books about Obi-Wan's youth before TPM
    NJO - The New Jedi Order books, 25 years post RotJ
    post-RotJ - takes place after the movies
    pre-TPM - takes place before the movies

The function of this thread is simply to list new fan fiction stories. If you need help in finding fics, please visit the Looking for fics? thread in Fan Fiction Resource. There's also a thing called the Link Machine which searches for words in the thread title.

If you have any questions about this index, feel free to send me a PM - but please keep in mind that I live in Japan and it might take a few hours for me to respond.

If you have any questions concerning the fan fiction boards in general, you can contact any of our friendly moderators:

VaderLVR64
    JadeSolo[/

2. lazykbys_left

Feb 17, 2005
    New Saga Stories for January 1, 2008

Title: "You've got a Friend in me"
    Author(s): Earlybird-obi-wan
    Timeframe: ESB and RotJ
    Characters: Han, Luke and Obi-Wan, Anakin
    Genre: song parody ("You've got a Friend in me" from Disney's Toy Story)
    Keywords:
    Summary 1: Han thinks about Luke as he is searching for him in the Hoth snowstorm
    Summary 2: Obi-Wan is giving a dreaming Anakin advise
    Notes: Written for the Song Parody Roulette Challenge. Two ideas for this song popped up
    Disclaimer: Lucas is Star-Wars and the song "You've got a Friend in me" belongs to Disney's 'Toy Story'

Title: Diary of a mentor
    Timeframe: JQ - IT
    Characters: Magin Bhik, OCs, canon
    Genre: diary
    Keywords: AgriCorps, Alderaan
    Summary: Magin Bhik accompanies Alwin Karao to Alderaan and writes about his adventures with the young Jedi.
    Notes: Written for the 2008 Diary Challenge. Ties in with my finished story The name is Bhik, Magin Bhik.
    Disclaimer: Star Wars = George Lucas.

Title: Diary of a young healer
    Timeframe:IT - RotJ
    Characters: Marhin Adin, OCs
    Keywords:
    Summary: Marhin Adin writes in his diary.
    Notes: Written for the 2008 Diary Challenge.
    Disclaimer: Star Wars = George Lucas.

Title: In absentia--the diary of an Imperial officer's wife
    Author(s): DarthIshtar
    Timeframe: OT
    Characters: OCs
    Keywords:
    Summary:
    Notes: Written for the 2008 Dear Diary Challenge.

Title: "A Love Song for Leia"
    Author(s): hyperspace_police
    Timeframe: post-ESB
    Characters: Han
    Genre: song parody (?My Heart Must Go On? by Celine Dion)
    Keywords:
    Summary: Trapped in Carbonite and not in his right mind, Han composes a Love song of sorts for the Princess to pass the time.
    Notes: Written for the Song Parody Roulette Challenge. Tried to do the best with the song I got. Figured a challenge was a good way to get back into the swing of fan fic. I don?t own these characters and they?re probably ticked off at me right now (at least Han?) for doing this to them.

Title: A Child of My Own
    Author(s): VaderLVR64
    Timeframe: post-RotS
    Characters: Beru, Owen, Luke
    Keywords:
    Summary: Beru's diary.

Title: Book of Days
    Author(s): Quigonjecca
    Timeframe:
    Characters: OCs
    Keywords:
    Summary: The diary of a young Tusken woman.
    Notes: Written for the 2008 Dear Diary Challenge. This is my first attempt at writing a diary of any kind, including a real-life diary that only lasted for two entries...

Title: A Deserted Hope
    Author(s): RX_Sith
    Timeframe: right after RotS
    Cha

3. lazykbys_left

Feb 17, 2005
    New Saga Stories for January 8, 2008

Title: Moving Forward
    Author(s): LilyHobbitJedi
    Timeframe: right after TPM
    Characters: Obi-Wan, Anakin
    Genre: drama
    Keywords:
    Summary: Following Qui-Gon's death, Obi-Wan muses about Qui-Gon and his new Padawan.
    Notes: This is for the Missing Scene Roulette Challenge.

Title: Meant to Be
    Author(s): VaderLVR64
    Timeframe:
    Characters: Anakin, Padmé
    Genre: AU, vignette
    Keywords:
    Summary: Anakin and Padmé, parted for years, are briefly reunited. This is a follow up to a vignette called Broken Bonds
    Notes:

Title: The Journal of Loch Thrindarr
    Author(s): celine
    Timeframe: ???
    Characters: Lochlann Thrindarr (OC)
    Keywords:
    Summary: Loch, pronounced "Lock" is a human pilot, gambler, ladie's man and all around bon vivant whose life is thrown into turmoil after the loss of his sister. He is reluctant to keep a journal, but I'm making him do it, so there!

New Saga Stories for January 9, 2008

Title: A Thousand Nations
    Author(s): Battlehymn_Republic
    Timeframe: ANH ~
    Characters:
    Genre: AU
    Keywords:
    Summary:
    Foreword: I first got the idea for such a project after I read several excellent Star Wars alternate universe stories in Fanfiction.net, and decided to create a neat fusion AU of my own which could contain the largest number of possible factions and groups all jostling each other for power. Basically, writing this AU is a bit like playing a game of Rebellion in which one takes characters and concepts of the original series (plus the EU) and remixes it to one's liking. However, in this case, I had far more sides than the mere Rebellion and the Empire! I must confess I had the political and astrostrategic ideas in mind first, then the placement of secondary characters from the EU, and then how the original characters could fit. Here's hoping you enjoy this.
    Notes: [1] marks ideas and elements that I have borrowed from Darth Yoshi's very excellent Infinities series. [2] marks ideas and elements that I have borrowed from Darquecyder 6's "A Simple Decision" series. Both series are of the type of SW AU kind that I like to classify as "holistic;" they basically incorporate loads and loads of characters and concepts from the EU and use them to maximum effect, rather than your typical alt-Obi-Wan love story. Interestingly, [1] was written from 2002-2005 and has a very different rise of Palpatine, while [2] was written only a few months ago, and is so up-to-date it references the upcoming Force Unleashed games.

Title: The unspoken rules
    Author(s): Toki-chan
    Timeframe: PT
    Characters: Elian (OC), Neko (OC), Yoda
    Genre: comedy
    Keywords:
    Summary: A Jedi youngling hugs Yoda by accident.
    Notes: Sorry accidentally pressed enter! Well this is the first story I put up here, so give me your best or worse thanks!

Title: The Days of Hoth Pt. 1: A Memoir of Imperial Army Blizzard Force Ar

4. lazykbys_left

Feb 17, 2005
    New Saga Stories for January 20, 2008

Title: NastyCops Inc
    Author(s): Luton_Plunder
    Timeframe: IT
    Characters: Tadgh Maitland (OC), etc.
    Genre: Um...Cop Drama
    Keywords:
    Summary: How Tadgh Maitland earned his promotion to Special Investigations
    Notes: Written for the 'Essential Guide to OCs' January challenge.
    Notes 2: This story features a principle OC of mine named Tadgh Maitland. He's the protagonist of my flagship OC series, 'The User'. If you're interested in reading more the links are in my bio ;)
    Notes 3: Obviously this is only the opening post of a longer story. I'm planning to run updates as my entries to the OC Challenges this year, so expect to see a wide variety of themes and content as the story is updated :p Also, expect long waits between updates as the challenges are run once a month. However regular readers know this is just a ruse to disguise my poor posting habits!

Title: "Not Elvis!"
    Author(s): Quigonjecca
    Timeframe: A.D. 2008
    Characters: Krishna (OC), Xanatos
    Genre: conversation
    Keywords:
    Summary: They are watching me write...
    Notes: This story has been bugging me to write it for a long time. It makes more sense if you have read Dark Child, but can definately be a stand alone.

Title: Birds, syringes and smileys
    Timeframe: Clone Wars
    Characters: OCs, Obi-Wan
    Genre: single-post, some mush
    Keywords:
    Summary: Rian Solma has to get seven initiates to the healer?s ward for their shots.
    Notes: Ties in with Boz Pity aftermath

Title: "Everything"
    Author(s): Ben_Watson
    Timeframe: post-RotS
    Characters: Anakin Skywalker
    Genre: vignette, angst
    Keywords:
    Summary: Anakin faces his sins.
    Notes: This was an idea I've been playing around with for awhile and I've finally decided to put it to paper.

[color=darkblue][b]New Saga Stories for January 21, 2008[/b][/color]

[b]Title[/b]: [link=http://boards.theforce.net/a/b10476/27996611/]Quarantine[/link]
    [b]Author(s)[/b]: Puggy
    [b]Timeframe[/b]: about a year after ANH
    [b]Characters[/b]: Han/Leia
    [b]Genre[/b]: fun, angst, unresolved sexual tension
    [b]Keywords[/b]:
    [b]Summary[/b]: Sick with Bonadan Cough, Han and Leia attempt to escape quarantine.
    [b]Notes[/b]: This is the result of one of [b]RogueSticks'[/b] uber-evil challenges of death and doom. It seems I really only come out of the woodwork to prove to her that her challenges are do-able. There were twenty really ridiculous restrictions, from not having all the characters in the same room at once to random pieces of dialogue that [i]someone[/i] had to say.

[b]Title[/b]: [link=http://boards.theforce.net/a/b10476/27996678/]The Ultra Stressed Jedi Students: Return of the Exchange Program[/link]
    [b]Author(s)[/b]: various
    [b]Timeframe[/b]: PT
    [b]Characters[/b]: OCs, etc.
    [b]Genre[/b]: round robin
    [b]Keywords[/b]:
    [b]Summary[/b]: The Jedi Temple opens its doors once more to non-Force sensitive children.
    [b]Notes[/b]: Welcome to the USJS round-robin! If you'd like to join in, please post character dossiers in the Resource thread: [link=http://boards.theforce.net/fan_fiction_resource/b10304/27981703/p1/?50][b]USJS Revival[/b][/link]. Anyone who would like to contribute is more than welcome! :) This thread is for posting additions to the story and readers comments. [link=http://boards.thefo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.