main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Calgary New Users Check-In Here

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by PreludeRM, Jan 27, 2006.

1. Griffin_Firetail

Griffin_Firetail Jedi Youngling

May 1, 2007
    happy to be here prelude. it was great to meet the guys that came out i had alot of fun talking and it was deffinately an eye opener

2. PreludeRM

PreludeRM FanForce CR, & Fanforce Council Calgary, Alberta star 4

Oct 28, 2002
    Glad you had a good time. As you can see SW is alive and good in Calgary.

3. EL_Mattman

EL_Mattman Jedi Youngling

Jun 20, 2007
    Hey,whats going on?
    I'm new here, I dig star wars and making movies. I hope to be at the next meeting.

4. Obi_Wan_Cody

Obi_Wan_Cody Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 23, 2007
    Whats up dudes? My name is cody and I'm a huge Star Wars fan. I was in Red 5 yesterday, I was the one with all the Star Wars tattoos. Well you gave me a card and I thought I'd join up. I'll make that list of TPB's that I need and bring it into the store mabey next weekend. Well thanks for recruting my ass.
    Later.

5. PreludeRM

Oct 28, 2002
    Cody.

Nice meeting you the other day. Great of you to find your way over here. Hopefully you can make it out to our next meeting.

Ryan M

6. Dooks

Dooks Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    Nice to have you in the group.

7. EL_Mattman

Jun 20, 2007
    Nice meeting you cody, which tpb's do you follow?
    Matt

8. Obi_Wan_Cody

Jun 23, 2007
    I have KOTOR vol's 1 and 2. As well as Empire 1, 5, 7 and Rebelion 1. Clone Wars 9 End game, the animated clone wars (just missing vol 7). And my copy of Legacy vol 1 just came in. But what I really want is Revenge of the sith TPB and Dark times when it comes out. Oh and the Hunt for Aura Sing and The 30th hardcover Darth Bane one.

9. Obi_Wan_Cody

Jun 23, 2007
    I'm trying to get all of them but it's a long and expensive road ahead. Are you the guy from red five by chance?

10. PreludeRM

Oct 28, 2002
    Cody.

I was the guy that gave you the card.

11. EL_Mattman

Jun 20, 2007
    No I'm not, I'm just big into the star wars TPB's as well, I've got the complete Clone Wars collection, and some other singles as well.

12. Obi_Wan_Cody

Jun 23, 2007
  13. normurai

normurai Jedi Youngling

Nov 5, 2007
    my name is normurai. i am a dredi knight. i seek balance by embracing both sides of the force. sometimes i force both sides to embrace ;)

the original star wars movie was the first film i ever saw in a movie theater. i was three years old. i have been an avid fan ever since. my brother worked at ilm for 7 years, and honoured our family by working on ep2. seeing our family name in the credits was all kinds of awesome.

i am originally from toronto and decided to leave two years ago to chase snow. i'm sort of addikted to powder. i spent a season in the interior of bc living in nelson and snowboarding at whitewater. i spent last season shredding the rockies and have decided to stay for another. perhaps i will run into some of you soon.

if you want to know more about me, you can czech out my site at www.drediknight.com

there is a universal energy that connekts all things. some call it god, om, allah, prana, the force. whatever you choose to call it, those of us who are tuned into it can shape it.

the force is always with you.

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v449/that420guy/star%20wars/DSCF5431.jpg]

~*...normaste...*~

14. DrHaggis

DrHaggis Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 7, 2004
    Hey normurai! Great to have you aboard. I notice on your website that you have been to Burning Man. How awesome is that? I've always wanted to go.

15. lasaravis

lasaravis Jedi Youngling

Nov 18, 2007
    Hiya: I?m Lasaravis, new to these boards, but not to Star Wars.

I?ve been reading in the fandom for years, but am only now starting to get actively involved. I?m pretty big on the novels, as that?s really how I came to realize the mystique behind the series, but I?ve lately been dipping my fingers into the comics as well. Unfortunately, after a period of wild pre-AotC obsession, I fell out of the fandom a bit, and am only now rekindling my fire.

In retrospect, I suppose it was inevitable that I become a fan ?after I saw the OT, my Dad and I went out into our backyard and built a snow fort, and I spent the rest of the winter pretending it was Echo Base. Oh, to be eight again?

Anyway, I?m a champion lurker, and rather shy, but I look forward to meeting other fans in the Calgary area!

16. PreludeRM

Oct 28, 2002
    Don't be shy around here. Looking forward to meeting you at a meeting possibly.

17. Vadersmistress66

Vadersmistress66 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 3, 2005
    Hi everyone, welcome to the boards!

18. lasaravis

lasaravis Jedi Youngling

Nov 18, 2007
    I?m sorry for the not-so-prompt reply; I?ve come down with the flu that?s been going around, and haven?t been able to get out of bed for the past few days.

Anyways, thanks for the warm welcome: from what I?ve seen on the boards so far, you all seem really friendly, so perhaps I?ll be able to get out for some of the newly-posted events. At any rate, I certainly look forward to introducing myself, once I?m feeling a bit better.

19. Thoneon

Thoneon Jedi Youngling star 1

May 15, 2007
    hi to every one that is new i'v just bin so bizzy doing things that it is geting hard to do things

20. DarthDad1970

DarthDad1970 Jedi Youngling

Jan 19, 2008
    Well after a long period of procrastination, I finally registered and am here. I've sent in the mail containing my request to be in the local fan club here in Calgary, and can now resume my rank as leading Star Wars freak in my family. Thank you for having me, it is nice to be had!

DarthDad1970

21. PreludeRM

Oct 28, 2002
    Nice to see you. Make sure you can try to get out to our January meeting.

Ryan.

22. jacksonfett

jacksonfett Jedi Youngling

Mar 4, 2008
    Just wanted to say hi, just joined up to checkout the starwars calgary community. Ive been an avid collector for a while now, and i have a couple costumes in the works. Hope to have fun geekout and give back to the community.!

23. echosevin

echosevin Jedi Master star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Welcome! Hopefully you can make it to the meeting on the 20th and meet everyone.

24. jacksonfett

jacksonfett Jedi Youngling

Mar 4, 2008
    For sure im gonna try and make it down..

25. MisterSable

MisterSable Jedi Youngling

Mar 12, 2008
    I'm a newbie here. Joined on the recommend of Dr. Haggis, but I see a few other familiar faces here already - Zombie Dale for instance. I know I met a few of you at the comic pop-cult convention last year as well.

I'm more a fedora-and-bullwhip guy rather than the bantha-hide-and-vacuuform kinda fella, but I'll stick around and see what trouble I can get into here.