main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New York Invasion

Discussion in 'Archive: London UK' started by citizenjohn, Dec 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    I noticed the slight flaw in that the 26th-30th is a Monday - Friday, which may rule most people out of a meet due to work. I should be able to make it still, so considering you'll be here on Monday Tim, shall we make the London meet for Monday the 26th??

And I'm sure we can meet up during the weekend too Tim. I'll let Matt & Koren know as I'm sure they'd like to catch up with you too.

2. jamierichards

jamierichards Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2002
    i can make after work...if anybodys still around.
    some of us got to keep the economy going.

3. Kiz-Joa_Janall

Kiz-Joa_Janall Jedi Youngling star 2

May 14, 2005
    Hey Matt, where do you think Tim's gonna be staying when he comes down. [face_dancing]

4. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    [face_thinking]

I will take a wild guess and say the abode of Sir Beaklington Chop, lol ;)

Does Tim know he'll be sharing the spare room with the ferrets though? [face_devil]

Aye Jamie, depending on what we do, we'll try and be in central London for the evening so we can get more people to attend at least some of the meet.

5. Jedi_Knight_Aoki

Jedi_Knight_Aoki Jedi Youngling

Feb 19, 2007
    I actually live in New York but like 3 hours north from the city. I hope you will enjoy your time NYC.

6. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    It's Citizenjohn who is from NY and is actually coming to London to visit....although if you're offering to fly us all out to NY for a visit Aoki, then be my guest ;)

I will try and get a firm plan of action established this week, but as a reminder the meet is penciled in for Monday 26th March. I need to work out the best way to get to Watford and then the park, but I'm hoping it wont be too tricky. Stay tuned.... :D

7. citizenjohn

citizenjohn Jedi Knight star 5

May 4, 2001
    Cool Matt, cant wait to finaly meet all of you :)

Almost time. Another 3 weeks till I'm out there.

8. Jedi_Knight_Aoki

Jedi_Knight_Aoki Jedi Youngling

Feb 19, 2007
    lol if get maybe a few hundred pounds then I might fly ya out. I went to Kent for a holiday for two weeks.

9. citizenjohn

May 4, 2001
    Little under 14 days :D

10. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    Still try to sort out me going down there John, I'd definitely have to leave on Monday evening, which is annoying (trying to work out a place to stow my bags so we can leave it as late as possible on Monday for me to collect em - I am looking at a 7pm return train). Will keep you informed dude.

11. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    I've done as much research as poss and Whippendell Woods isn't too far away from Watford Tube station, which is good news. However, it may be pretty tricky finding the right spots, but I have also noticed that Leavesden Studios isn't too far away either, so if we fail in our mission we could always pop round to see that on the way back ;)

From what I can tell, Watford tube station is in zone A, so I'm guessing a travelcard covering zones 1-D will do us. I have no experience travelling in Zones other then 1-6, so I have no idea what these numbered zones are other then just confussing matters when they don't need to be. A zone 1-D travel card will cost £7.80.

So if all goes to plan, I suggest we try and meet somewhere in Central London, preferably near to Liverpool Street Station for around 10:30am. If that sounds good we can refine the plans :D

12. Kiz-Joa_Janall

May 14, 2005
    Go go Gadget Tice!

13. jamierichards

Nov 12, 2002
    this so sucks!
    i'll be working,of course...

14. citizenjohn

May 4, 2001
    Is this where I'm meeting up with you guys or something else?

LOL

Ill see you all in 6 Days

15. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    John, would it be okay to revise plans slightly. As Tim wont be making it down now, it might be better to move the meet to mid-week if that's okay?? Say a Wednesday or Thursday?? And because the chances are it may only be me attending, it might not be worth going all the way to Watford to get lost, lol. We can however do a mini-tour of film studios if you like, and hopefully get some people to meet-up in the evening for a bite to eat and/or drinks. let me know if that's okay and we can get something finalised later today or tomorrow.

BTW, here's a pic of some of us so that you know what we look like, and do you know how to get to Leicester Square?? That's our usual meeting point, outside the main Odeon cinema.
    Meet Pic
    That's me on the far left, doing a little dance it appears ;)

16. citizenjohn

May 4, 2001
    Matt

Mid week might be better for me as well. Thursday sounds good.

John

17. Kiz-Joa_Janall

May 14, 2005
    I'm working til 6 on thursday but might be able to get out sooner so I'll come meet up with you. It's always good to meet a fellow geek. [:D]

18. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    Excellent John. Shall we meet for around 11:00am outside the Odeon cinema Leicester Square. I'll have a few options of what we can do and shall take it from there. And later on we'll fix a meeting point and time so we can meet up with krazy Kiz (Koren) and hopefully some others that are ready and able.

Here's a good, basic map of Leicester Square:
    [image=http://www.officiallondontheatre.co.uk/site/media/images/28210_leic_tktsmap_big.gif]

And here's a good pic of the Odeon, which is where I'll be ;)
    [image=http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/38974000/jpg/_38974331_odeon_leicsq203.jpg]

If anyone else wants to join us, at any time, please let me know :)
    EDIT: If anyone is interested in joining us for the day, best to get an all zone travelcard too as there's a good chance we will be doing some traveling.

19. citizenjohn

May 4, 2001
    Works for Me :)

20. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    Excellent John, Thursday 29th March 11:00am @ Odeon Leicester Square it is then :D

For anyone who wants to meet up in the evening, just let me know and we can pick a good time and spot.
    btw John, I have no idea what you look like so if you could PM me a link to a piccy that would be great. Or maybe Tim can point me in the right direction??

21. jamierichards

Nov 12, 2002
    who is the fat man,daddy?
    he looks like he's eaten all the pies...

22. citizenjohn

May 4, 2001
    Matt

I have a picture in my profile. Ill also be wearing a tan CBS Worldwide Distrubition Hat.

John

23. citizenjohn

May 4, 2001
    Had a great first day in London.
    Saw where the Odeon is, as I ventured down to Leichester Sq today among other areas.
    Matt I will PM yopu the mobil # I have while Im here in London.

Also I noticed that no olne wears baseball caps, so I will be wearing my Celebration 3 T-Shirt on Thursday.

John

24. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    I met up with John earlier today and showed him the real sites of London (i.e Forbidden Planet) ;)
    Quite a lot of money spent there I can tell ya, lol.

Really nice to see you John and hope you have a good evening out and flight back tomorrow. Will be in touch soon :D

25. Kiz-Joa_Janall

May 14, 2005
    Sorry I couldn't be there John and sorry you got lumbered with Matt ;), but it was my penultimate day at work and I had to help out. Hope you had a good time while you were here though and enjoy the theatre. [:D]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.