main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga No Way Out (For The Mod's Dare Challenge)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by RX_Sith, Feb 13, 2017.

1. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    Title: No Way Out
    Author: RX_Sith
    Characters: OC’s.
    Genre: Crazyness, Celebration!
    Disclaimer: I own nothing within Star Wars; I'm just rearranging it a little.
    Note: The below is for the http://boards.theforce.net/threads/...submit-your-dare-by-sunday-feb-11th.50043917/ (I DARE YOU!! - The Mod's Dare Challenge)

My Dare was "Write a Star Wars fanfic without the letter E. Any characters are OK, any scenario is OK—just as long as the letter E, uppercase or lowercase, with or without diacritics or accent marks, is never used anywhere in the text of the story".

Mada’s family was an important part of a happy occasion and soon all would go to a coronation for King Rogandan Zann. King Rogandan Zann was going to obtain his crown at a custom function that was a tradition on Rishi Station.

Mada ran a comb into all hairs smoothly and plainly. Though a thought of doubt almost shows options, Mada maintains as many rubs as within grasp. A small rub on this spot, a big rub on that spot, all allowing smooth hair as a conclusion.

Mada joins a caucus of a massing crowd as all sojourn to a distinct locality. All sit at parts that allow for maximum watching of a coronation. Mada saw that at hand all was on board and that a coronation was about to start.

King Rogandan Zann took his spot and sat on his chair as his coronation was about to launch. It had built a big amount of factors occurring in just a foolproof occasion for all to savor this coronation affair.

King Rogandan Zann looks at all at hand and grants all with a brandishing of his arms and hands twirling in motivation. All clap in warmth giving back in displays of triumph. A gala of joy starts to swirl and all join in on clapping.

King Rogandan Zann soars from his chair and gains control of a crowd as a crown is put upon his skull. King Rogandan Zann starts his discussion to all.

“I, King Rogandan Zann, do obtain this crown and am cordial in your jubilant acclaim. From now on, all will flourish and multiply. I will aid all in your travails and wish you all full growth and promotion within our civilization.”

All in total roars in confirmation of King Rogandan Zann’s discussion. King Rogandan Zann
    flaps his arms in motion lifting all in jubilant jovialty.

Mada’s family stand and go about all to join in acclaim of King Rogandan Zann. Hands go up and King Rogandan Zann grabs as many as snap into his palms and calms all down. King Rogandan Zann pulls out and withdraws to his stronghold.

King Rogandan Zann spots all and now knows that at hand subsists no way out. Holding out his hands again, King Rogandan Zann swings around and motions for all to follow him into his stronghold for additional fun and partying.

2. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Wow! So such a composition is without doubt a possibility in A Galaxy Far, Far Away! Kudos on this droll, amusing account of magnanimous King Rogandan Zann, of his coronation, and of a family that took part in that day's joy. Though not surprising to know that Zann's own joy is not without limit: a king has a tough lot, and in truth no way out of kingship subsists. Sympathy, pity for him: quoting Ackbar, "It's a trap!" But for now, all may party and joy in a jubilant mood. Long subsist our king! And to you many thanks for a mighty fun story. :D

3. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    Wow! I need to know who gave you this dare, because I thought of sending exactly the same. I was staring at my bookcase when looking for an idea, and I saw a French novel by Georges Perec called La Disparition, which is entirely written without the letter E. Then I tried to write a few E-less sentences in English, and that convinced me to go for another idea. But you proved that it's actually possible, and you made it a proper fun story, and I'm just astounded, jaw-on-the-floor astounded, that you pulled it off in such a short time! Bravo =D=

4. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    I wish I could do what Finds did and leave a comment without an E in it, but even my username has two E's in it, so yeah. :p I give up.

It's interesting to read a story that mostly ignores simple past tense, giving the abundance of E's. And despite the challenging tense combos, it still has an actual plot and it's fun! Like an agency news item that went kind of sideways. :D

5. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    I couldn't have done this one justice. Kudos to anyone who can write anything and leave a letter out and still have a fun piece of work that still makes sense afterwards.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Kahara, Ewok Poet, RX_Sith and 2 others like this.
  6. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    I was gonna say:

A) Holy Carp, how did you get this done so FAST?

and B) what sick mind came up with this dare?!!! Big snaps to you, RX_Sith, I don't think I could've done this! =D==D==D=

Kahara, Ewok Poet, RX_Sith and 2 others like this.
  7. A Blind Prophet

A Blind Prophet Jedi Master star 4

Mar 25, 2016
    so, i started thinking about doing something like this of my own, just in my head as a bit of an exercise. this is a brain bending challenge if i've ever seen one, excellent job making this work so well. not sure i'd have had the patience to do something like this.

8. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Wow. What a fantastic submission to our match! It was a fun fic with all individual word picks. I wish this notation could hold additional information, but it was hard. BRAVO!