main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT Noooo! (another unnecessary change to the OT)

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by wild_karrde, Aug 31, 2011.

1. Darth_Nub

Darth_Nub Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 26, 2009
    Regardless of who agrees or disagrees with it, doesn't this very selection (and the existence of it) illustrate the entire issue and the problems with it?

(Didn't mention Biggs at Yavin, BTW)

2. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    I still haven't bought a Blu-Ray player or decided if I'll ever buy the SW films on Blu-Ray... maybe, maybe not. As others have said, I still have my 2004 OT DVD set and I'm pretty happy with it.

Regarding the changes versus the huge sales numbers, I would say that the "Nooooo" addition (and any of the other strange additions or changes) have not been much of a factor for sales because the general buying public sees Star Wars available on Blu-Ray and says "want". Simple as that. Most of them probably don't know about these changes before buying the Blu-Rays, and I would even bet that many of them don't even notice the changes once they do watch the movies.

3. Grand_Moff_Jawa

Grand_Moff_Jawa Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 31, 2001
    I haven't gotten the OT on BluRay either as of yet. I'm a little scared that I'm going to like these movies less because of the new additions. Also, can someone tell me if the picture is truly high definition and not just a polished DVD port? I saw The Ten Commandments on BluRay a few days ago and it took my breath away. Unbelievable restoration! If Star Wars doesn't look that good, I'll be disappointed.

4. Loupgarou

Loupgarou Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 19, 2010
    I honestly assumed this was a joke until the blu ray actually came out. It's really ,really bad. It's saddening too because what i've seen of the blu ray footage is beautiful, and i don't mind a few touch-ups, like on the lightsaber blades. But why add lines like that, when you know it's unpopular?

If they ever come out with a blu ray of any edition but this one, i'll buy it. But not this one.