main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends November New Stories Index

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by amidalachick, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amidalachick

amidalachick Chosen One star 5

Aug 3, 2003
    Welcome to the November New Stories Index for the Before the Saga Board!

This Index will be updated daily with new fanfiction stories from this board, so you can spend less time searching and more time reading these great fics!

I will be maintaining this index. I will try to locate new stories every day, but you're welcome to send me the info for your fic through PM. If I've missed your story, or if you have any questions or comments, please feel free to PM me.

To help me gather the story data and to introduce your story to your readers, please put the following information in the first post of your fic:

Title:
    Author(s):
    Timeframe:
    Characters:
    Genre:
    Keywords:
    Summary:
    Notes:

Below is a list of common terms and abbreviations used in this forum that will be helpful for readers searching this index using the find functions in their browsers:

EU - Expanded Universe (all of the books)
    JA - The Jedi Apprentice books about Obi-Wan's youth before TPM
    pre-TPM - takes place before the movies
    AU - alternate universe
    OC - original (author-originated) characters
    GFFA - Galaxy Far, Far Away
    H/C - hurt/comfort
    vignette - a one-post story, especially a single scene
    humor - lots of silliness
    angst - anguish, torment, fear, anxiety
    crossover or x-over - mixing Star Wars with another movie, tv series or book
    round robin or RR - multi-author story inviting more people to join in (also called an add-on)
    song fic - a story based on the lyrics of a song

If you have any other questions concerning the fan fiction boards in general, you can contact any of our wonderful moderators:

VaderLVR64
    The_Face
    Jedi Trace
    KELIA

Previous indexes:
    October New Stories Index
    September New Stories Index
    August New Stories Index
    July New Stories Index
    June New Stories Index
    May New Stories Index
    April New Stories Index
    March New Stories Index
    February New Stories Index
    January New Stories Index
    December New Stories Index
    November New Stories Index

2. amidalachick

Aug 3, 2003
    1 New Story for November 1, 2008

Title: Heart of the Sith
    Author: Lord_Zeron
    Timeframe: c. 3600 BBY
    Characters: HK-47, lots of OCs, Zaalbar
    Genre: Action/Adventure with hints of humor and drama
    Keywords: Jedi, Sith, Galactic War, Dark Side, Ziost
    Summary: A few hundred years after the events of Knights of the Old Republic, the galaxy finds itself in a time of fragile peace. But Master Sorn, the 350-year-old Grand Master of the Jedi Order, worries that the Jedi have become a shadow of their former glory and decides to take matters into his own hands. Soon, events spiral out of control, leading to a galaxy-wide war that will pit Jedi versus Sith in a battle for survival, a battle not just of strength, but of belief, culminating in a final confrontation that will shape the fate of the galaxy for millennia to come. Heart of the Sith is the tale of this epic conflict, as told from the point-of-views of four of its key players: Jedi Padawan Lori Medich, Jedi Knight Kallen Thulnk, Republic Commando Davin Karn, and rouge assassin droid HK-47.
    Foreword from the Author: This story takes place in the Knights of the Old Republic era, though because it is set a few centuries in the future, there's no need to have played the games (or even have heard of them) to understand and enjoy Heart of the Sith. That being said, history is one of the major themes of this story, so readers who have played KotOR or read Takes of the Jedi will notice quite a few references to those works. This story is comprised of thirty chapters, plus a prologue, all of which are already completed, so you don't have to worry about me losing interest and stopping half way through. I'll start by posting two chapters a week, though if anyone thinks this is too often/not often enough, please let me know and I'll be happy to change it.
    The prologue is unique in that it's told exclusively from Master Sorn's point-of-view. The proper chapters are split into four shorter sections, each told from a separate perspective. In a way, this is the story of four individuals, though their stories are very much interrelated (think Heroes) and each has an important role to play in the war to come. I'll start by posting just the Prologue (which is longer than most of the chapters), but if it doesn't seem like your cup of tea, don't worry about it too much; Chapter One will give you a much better idea of what the story format which actually be like. As always, any kind of feedback (compliments, criticism, questions, theories, suggestions, continuity or spelling errors, whatever) is both welcome and appreciated. Thanks for reading! Enjoy:

3. amidalachick

Aug 3, 2003
    2 New Stories for November 2, 2008

Title: Loss Of A Padawan, Gain Of A Friend
    Author: GuNgAnFaN3090
    Genre: Action/Fighting
    Characters: Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon, Yoda and new characters
    Timeframe: Before the Saga
    Summery: Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan meet for the first time
    Disclaimer: Everything is the property of George Lucas and Lucasfilm. I?m just using the masters creations.

Title: Glimpses through Ebon Windows
    Author: SoA
    Timeframe: KOTOR Era
    Characters: The crew of the Ebon Hawk and a few OCs (Evrue Pell, Kionee Rinnh, MT-412)
    Genre: action, drama, romance, adventure
    Keywords: OC, KOTOR, Ebon Hawk
    Summary: Snippets of the lives the crew of the Ebon Hawk beginning at the start of the first game.
    Notes: These will range in length from vignettes to short stories elaborating on various happenings in the adventures of the crew.

4. amidalachick

Aug 3, 2003
    No New Stories for November 3, 2008.

5. amidalachick

Aug 3, 2003
    No New Stories for November 4, 2008.

6. amidalachick

Aug 3, 2003
    No New Stories for November 5, 2008.

7. amidalachick

Aug 3, 2003
    No New Stories for November 6, 2008.

8. amidalachick

Aug 3, 2003
    No New Stories for November 7, 2008.

9. amidalachick

Aug 3, 2003
    No New Stories for November 8, 2008.

10. amidalachick

Aug 3, 2003
    1 New Story for November 9, 2008

Title: Mishandled
    Author: SoA
    Timeframe: During KOTOR I
    Characters: Jor Ul Kurax (Aqualish), and some OCs: Kione Rinnh (Nubian Human Female), MT-412 (Protocol Droid), Gendoss Nrat (Duros Male)
    Genre: Narritive
    Keywords: KOTOR, Tatooine, Gizka, Fruit, OCs
    Summary: Kionee Rinnh completes one of her usual trade routes, but someone mishandles the gizka she was supposed to pick up.
    Notes: This was written for the OC Fall 2008 Quarterly Challenge: "Something Really Juicy". It will eventually tie in with my longer story "Glimpses through Ebon Windows".

11. amidalachick

Aug 3, 2003
    1 New Story for November 10, 2008

Title: Change of the Seasons
    Author: DWH
    Characters: Leiraya Moran, Skyler Ducharme
    Timeframe: 11 years pre-KOTOR (our not-quite-yet heroes are 17)
    Notes: Written for the OC Database Fall 2008 challenge: "Something Really Juicy."

12. amidalachick

Aug 3, 2003
    1 New Story for November 11, 2008

Title: In the Darkness of Night
    Author: JediLuminaraUnduli
    Word count: 748
    Summary: We are Jedi. This is our sacrifice. He thought he understood sacrifice. He thought again. I stink at summaries, better than it sounds. LumiWan vignette. Reviews much welcome.
    Genre: Angst, Friendship
    Characters: Luminara Unduli, Obi Wan Kenobi
    Disclaimer: I do not own Star Wars or Celine Dion/Il Divo; they belong to their respective owners.
    AN: A little vignette I thought up while doing my NaNoWriMo. Thought it was a bit mushy, though. Originally was an idea for a ficlet challenge between me and my Padawan, but then when I plotted it out, to get ready, decided it was too short to make it to 1,500. Songfic to ?I Believe in You? duet by Celine Dion and Il Divo.

13. amidalachick

Aug 3, 2003
    No New Stories for November 12, 2008.

14. amidalachick

Aug 3, 2003
    1 New Story for November 13, 2008

Title: Enough
    Author: VaderLVR64
    Characters: Ocs
    Summary: Some of you may know about my fun loving Jedi OC, Sian Ny. A while back, I wrote a vignette that mentioned him. You can find it here. This is the background story of that vignette.

15. amidalachick

Aug 3, 2003
    2 New Stories for November 14, 2008

Title: Hidden From Plain Sight
    Summary: Barriss is thought to be dead, but she isn?t. She on her way back to the Jedi. However, everyone believes that she is deceased, and her Master, Luminara Unduli, thinks this as well. Deep in a mourning no one can help, will Obi Wan be able to help her?
    Genre: Romance, Adventure
    Rating: K+
    For all those who love Obi Wan/Luminara fanfics.
    Disclaimer: I do not own Star Wars and its characters, or, in fact, anything.
    AN: First posted on FF.Net, but I don't believe I posted it on the JC.. I can't find it in the record of my posts, so here we go!! Just to warn all you unsuspecting readers out there, any in-depth feeling ficlets I really really stink at, so.. You have been warned!!

Title: Little Obi and the bird
    Author: Earlybird-obi-wan
    Timeframe: JA
    Characters: Obi-Wan, OC?s
    Genre: mush single post
    Keywords: Falcon
    Summary: Obi-Wan discovers a Corellian YT-1330f light freighter in the hangars of the Jeditemple
    Note: is also a part of my big NaNoWriMo saga but can be read as a separate post

16. amidalachick

Aug 3, 2003
    No New Stories for November 15, 2008.

17. amidalachick

Aug 3, 2003
    No New Stories for November 16, 2008.

18. amidalachick

Aug 3, 2003
    1 New Story for November 17, 2008

Title: Wanted!
    Author: Dark Jedi Kid
    Time-frame: Before the Saga
    Gene: Siri-Wan, Adventure, Action.
    Characters: Siri, Obi-Wan, OCs.
    Summary: Siri and Obi-Wan are called on a mission, which turns out to be the fight of their lives.
    Notes: Entirely my own, with a few similar things from the movie ?The Island?.

19. amidalachick

Aug 3, 2003
    No New Stories for November 18, 2008.

20. amidalachick

Aug 3, 2003
    No New Stories for November 19, 2008.

21. amidalachick

Aug 3, 2003
    No New Stories for November 20, 2008.

22. amidalachick

Aug 3, 2003
    1 New Story for November 21, 2008

Title: A Third Order
    Author: DarkPowerUnlimited
    Genre: Angst, hurt/comfort
    Time period: JA
    Notes: What is ROTF? Rule of the Fain. Basically, this fic has Fain in it.
    Yes, it is AU. And torture? this is my first fic, so be nice. No, I?m not going to say please.
    Summary: Obi-Wan is captured by Jedi haters who'll do alot to get info on their enemies, and meets a strange pair of force sensitive humans. At least, they appear to be human?

23. amidalachick

Aug 3, 2003
  24. amidalachick

Aug 3, 2003
    2 New Stories for November 23, 2008

Title: Take This Job and Shove It
    Author: ardavenport
    Timeframe: Before the Saga
    Genre: Humor
    Characters: OC, Qui-Gon Jinn, Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Keywords Jedi, Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan
    Summary: Qui-Gon makes a mess
    And: typo is my middle name, with missing words and errors that spell checkers don?t catch being my speciality ? if you see any, just post a reply or send a PM with the what and where and I will kill them with no mercy.
    Disclaimer: All characters belong to George and Lucasfilm; I?m just playing in their sandbox

Title: Baking, And Other Potentially Dangerous Activities
    Summary: Drabblefic. Obi Wan bakes for Qui Gon?s birthday. He gets a little help with Tahl. Nothing really ever goes right, does it? *snickers* Based on an incident that happened to me.
    Disclaimer: Don?t own Star Wars or Dora the Explorer. Thank the Force! *shudders* Creepy little monkey..
    A/N: Just a little celebration for me. I finished my NaNoWriMo!! And early, this year! Cheers!!
    Yeah, I know. In ?In the Darkness of Night?, I said I wouldn?t update until December if I didn?t get 7 reviews on that one. This one is an exception.. :D
    PS: Tahl is not blind in this one. *yay*

25. amidalachick

Aug 3, 2003
    1 New Story for November 24, 2008

Title: L?istesso
    Genre: Angst, Friendship
    Rating: K+
    AN: L?istesso is Italian for ?the same?. I don?t know if it fits with the story.. I really, really stink at titles.. Written as part of my entry for a challenge between me and my Padawan. This story will be AU because I?m going to assume that Barriss had a Master before Luminara, named Master K?ol Shum?a, whom she reveres and compares Luminara to. Not exactly Little Miss Grateful, is she...
    I consider this as one of my greatest masterpieces as of yet, so please review!!
    According to what I know, Luminara and Barriss have straight black hair, and dark blue eyes. Therefore, I?m going to guess that they look like they are from the Middle East (China, Japan, Korea, etc) or Asian-cross-European :) . What do you think?
    Summary: Fifteen-year-old Barriss Offee wishes her life and Master would be more forgiving and perhaps her Master could get into the latest styles; maybe wearing something not black once in a while at least. The more she thinks, the more she nags, the more she realizes, the more she grasps that nothing really has to change except her attitude and that everything is fine the way it is. Dark Barriss fic.
    Disclaimer: I do not own Star Wars and its characters. They belong to George Lucas.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.