main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Of Pilots and Jedi (post-Rebirth Jaina/Jag)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Melyanna, Aug 8, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Melyanna

Melyanna Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    This story has been wandering around in my head for some time, so I wrote it down to get it out. Hopefully that will clear my mind for a different fic that's currently in intensive care because of injuries inflicted by Darth Writer's Block. (Curse him! :D)

As we all know, I didn't think up any of these characters. It all belongs to Mr. Lucas.

Anyway, this picks up immediately after Rebirth and will be told entirely from Jaina Solo's point of view. Enjoy!

-------

"Space. Cold. Empty."

I once read a holonovel that opened that way. Actually, I read that opening line and decided it wasn't worth my time. Whoever wrote that had obviously never seen space.

Space is never empty, and it can be warm and inviting, as long as you're in the comfort of an X-wing cockpit. Even Uncle Luke agrees with that.

This was by no means the first time I'd looked out into space before and marvelled at how different it is each day. This time, the space around the Errant Venture was littered with the remains of a clawcraft. Colonel Jagged Fel's squadron had shown up, looking for me. Fel has absolutely no tact, so when he told the landing bay of the Imp Star Deuce that they demanded to see me, someone had opened fire.

The Chiss whose fighter had been blown up had gone EV just in time. Fel had personally seen him to the medical ward. Those Jedi hunches, as Aunt Mara likes to call them, told me that he would come back to find me.

I was right. In a few minutes I heard his voice as he strolled into the room.

"Well, if it isn't Jaina Solo."

I turned, somewhat reluctantly. "Good afternoon, Colonel." He was dressed in black, as usual, but unlike the two times before when I had seen him, he was smiling. "Something amusing?"

"It's nice to see you again." He paused, like he wasn't sure if he really wanted to say anymore. "I heard about that accident. When you didn't get called back, I thought your eyesight might have been permanently damaged."

"No, my eyes are fine," I replied. "There have been...other reasons for me to stay away from Rogue Squadron."

"Surely you do not succumb to the politics of this?" There was scorn in his voice, but not directed at me.

"Colonel, there's a bounty on my head. It was as much for my own protection as it was for political reasons." I smiled at him. "Plus, I get to be around my family now, especially my cousin."

He walked closer to me and smiled again. "Little children are a joy to be around. I'm glad you're getting to know your cousin early."

"Ben's a darling," I answered. "Of course, Anakin and Tahiri monopolize him. I hardly get to hold him."

"Who is Tahiri?"

"One of the Jedi students. They were with Corran Horn on Yag'Dhul. She's been his best friend for years, but I think they may have gotten a little...closer, shall we say, when they were there."

"This bothers you." It was a statement, not a question.

Defensiveness flashed up around me. It took me a while to figure out why. He was right, and the realization annoyed me in many ways. Apparently, my emotions were completely out of control, and he could tell. And there was the fact that he realized before I did that Anakin's new relationship with Tahiri bothered me.

"Yeah, I guess it does," I replied, lowering my defenses. "I mean, Anakin's my little brother. He's not supposed to have a serious girlfriend before I've had a serious boyfriend."

Fel raised his eyebrows slightly at this. I could tell that he wasn't expecting me to be that open about it. I was very glad when he changed the subject. "Well," he answered, "I hope they don't monopolize your cousin so much that I don't get to see him while I'm here."

The statement jarred something in the back of my mind. "Come to think of it, Colonel, I don't know why you're here. Or how you found us."

"I told the communications officer the truth. I came here to see you."

That statement could have entirely too many meanings. "So General Antilles just let you take your squadron out and find me?"

"Hardly. Uncle Wedge s

2. womp_rat208

womp_rat208 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 1999
    I'd say this deffinatly falls under the "Liked it, want more" category. :D I like the way you wrote it in first person. So now, need more.

3. starwarsfan1000

starwarsfan1000 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2000
    Looks good. :)

4. Kate52

Kate52 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 19, 2001
    I LOVE it! :) Please continue.

5. JediFarfy

JediFarfy Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    AKK!! Another Jaina/Jag story to be addicted to!! ::falls out of chair::

Great story!!!

6. Freyja

Freyja Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    If only Jag would tell me not to go anywhere with out him! ;)

7. jainasolo2001

jainasolo2001 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2001
    Great!!!! This looks awesome. I want to read more asap!!!! Hop to it, chop, chop!!!

8. Melyanna

Jul 19, 2001
    Oy! Readers!

womp_rat: I like the first person too.

JediFarfy: I know the feeling.

Everybody: Thanks for reading! More tomorrow probably!

Oh, jainasolo2001, all I'll say about the next post is Jaina wrapped in a towel and Jag shirtless. :D

9. womp_rat208

Nov 8, 1999
    "all I'll say about the next post is Jaina wrapped in a towel and Jag shirtless."

:eek: What? Jaina in a towel? Can't wait. ;) :D

10. Melyanna

Jul 19, 2001
    Heehee, I have wompy's attention!

More later today!

11. Sticks

Sticks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 27, 2001
    *gasp* Jag... shirtless? Wahooo!!! :D

Awesome story so far-- I can see things like this happening after Rebirth, and you've done a great job writing in that spirit! Can't wait for more!

12. Melyanna

Jul 19, 2001
    Wow, three of my favorite authors are reading this! I feel honored.

Of course, I figured the best way to get readers was to write a Jaina/Jag story. As much as people in the literature board are complaining that Jag's only had three pages and we can't say he's meant for Jaina, we all know he is. :D

Oh, I'll say more about the next post. Let's just say it's based on a conversation between my brother and I about a male friend of mine...

13. Jedi-Jade

Jedi-Jade Jedi Master star 4

Nov 21, 1999
    Great work! This was really well written and the dialog was fast pace! Nice work! :)

14. Melyanna

Jul 19, 2001
    I think I've made you wait long enough. :)

-------

I didn't sleep well that night. That line kept running through my head... "I'll gladly fly your wing anytime." It almost sounded like something Kyp might have said, though if Kyp had said it, I would have slapped him again. I didn't mind it so much from Jag.

Kyp had actually had the nerve to contact me since Sernpidal. He'd tried to apologize without actually taking any blame, and he'd also renewed that request for me to be his apprentice. That, of course, was impossible. I'd already resumed training with Mara. Then the end of the message made me sick to my stomach every time I thought about it.

"I hope you can forgive me, Jaina. Our friendship has meant too much to both of us for it to die because of such a little disagreement. Please contact me, Jaina. I will be very hurt if you don't."

Yeah, right, Kyp. You'll be hurting, one way or another, because you won't like what I have to say. I glanced up at the chronometer. Close enough to morning. Thinking of Kyp was not a good way to work up an appetite. As the cuisine aboard the Errant Venture was actually pretty good for ship fare, I wanted to be able to take advantage of the opportunity to eat well. I decided to get up and wash my hair.

Booster Terrik didn't do anything the normal way, including 'fresher setups. Instead of having large, mass 'freshers like they had on ships like the Ralroost or at Rogue Squadron headquarters, he had put individual 'freshers every twenty meters in the section of the ship devoted to living quarters. It was kind of nice to be able to have a 'fresher entirely to yourself, but it wasn't what any of us from the military were used to.

When I got out of the 'fresher, it was still really early in the morning, so I just wrapped up in a towel and headed off to the comfort of my stateroom. At least, I would have, if I hadn't walked straight into a man coming around the corner.

He backed away, very startled. As I sputtered out an apology, he kept staring at me. I was very annoyed, cold, and wet.

And then I realized that my towel was barely keeping me decent. As I grabbed at the towel, trying to keep it closed, something clicked.

The man was Jag. And he wasn't wearing a shirt.

So we stood in the corridor for a while, half-naked and staring at each other. Jag's uniform had always seemed more like skin that clothing. To see him out of full uniform was slightly disconcerting, yet, at the same time, he looked completely natural displaying his upper body.

The look on his face told me that he was thinking essentially the same thing about me. I suddenly felt very hot, despite my lack of clothing, and I ran off to my stateroom before he could say anything.

I met Jacen for breakfast. I was still pretty shaken up by my encountered with Jag in the wee hours of the morning, but I managed to cover my discomposure in an attempt to have a normal meal.

After a while, Jacen said casually, "I had a nice talk with Jag Fel last night."

After nearly choking on the food I was swallowing, I asked, "Really? What did you talk about?"

"You, of course." Jacen smiled at me with our father's trademark grin. "He seems to respect you quite a bit." I didn't answer, so he continued. "In fact, he seems to respect you for a lot more than just being a Jedi and one of the best pilots in the galaxy."

"What gives you that impression?"

"Questions he asked. And not entirely about you. About Mom and Dad too."

By this time I was practically attacking my plate with my knife. "Did it ever occur to you, brother dear, that he might just be curious?" I asked in a voice that was a little too defensive.

"Yeah, but not after the first hour or so."

That was it. I met my twin's eyes, which looked so happy to have something to torture me with, and replied scathingly, "Jacen, stop it. I hardly know Jag. There's nothing going on between us."

Instead of replying, he looked past me and called, "Hello, Jag!"

I wasn't ab

15. jainasolo2001

Jun 17, 2001
    *Dancing around in a giddy/overjoyed state*
    THATS GREAT!!! Reading that put me in a good mood!!!! More up soon!!! Pretty, pretty please?!?!?! [face_blush] With frill syrup on honeycrust?

16. womp_rat208

Nov 8, 1999
    Wow. :D :D ;) Hehe, liked that part. Though there was too much concentration on Jag, not Jaina. :( ;)

17. Sticks

Sticks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 27, 2001
    Concentration on Jag is a good thing. :D

And that was an awesome post-- I can't wait for more! I'm lovin' this, man! *stops typing and goes off to daydream about a shirtless Jag; thanks to Melyanna's lovely descriptive style, it's not too hard to imagine* ;)

18. jainasolo2001

Jun 17, 2001
    *taps into Sticks' daydream*
    MMMMMMM..... [face_love]

19. Kate52

Kate52 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 19, 2001
    I loved it!!!!!!!!!!!! :) Keep it up!

20. Orion_Star

Orion_Star Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 10, 2001
    Correctly showing Jaina's true feelings for Kyp. I laughed all the way through the first three paragraphs.

Excellent job! (Although I can't say I share my female Star Wars fan's enthusiasm about Jag's bare chest. I'm with womp_rat208) Keep it up Melyanna! ;)

21. Adi_Gallia_9

Adi_Gallia_9 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 16, 2001
    That was wonderful, Melyanna! I love the first person point of view and your writing style. And of course, your placing Jag without a shirt on didn't hurt. :)

22. womp_rat208

Nov 8, 1999
    :rolleyes: Who cares about Jagged? Jaina was in a towel. :D :D :D :D

23. Mayo_Solo

Mayo_Solo Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 9, 2001
    Man why can't Jag be my protector?Please hurry and add more it's great.Me like!

24. Orion_Star

Orion_Star Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 10, 2001
    womp_rat208, apparently our appreciation of said fact is lost upon the other admirers (sp?) of this post.

All I have to say is, "What you said, with further emphasis on towel." :D

25. womp_rat208

Nov 8, 1999
    That's cause it seems like everybody else in this thread is female... :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.