main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

Ahsoka Official Ahsoka Series Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by DannyD, Dec 10, 2020.

1. Aah Fisto

Aah Fisto Jedi Master star 2

May 30, 2020
    For the first time in god knows how long I’ve not been in the middle of a Star Wars rewatch of everything due to work/ family life etc.

I’ve just finished re-watching Ahsoka for the first time since it aired and remain of the stance that it’s brilliant. I get that, like with everything Star Wars recently, it’s not to everyone’s taste. But it hit the spot for me and I can’t wait to see the continuation of all of the main character arcs

2. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jedi Master Frizzy Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Good season 2 Ahsoka

3. clonegeek

clonegeek Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 28, 2022
    What exactly about Ahsoka is brilliant in your eyes?

cwustudent likes this.
  4. Aah Fisto

Aah Fisto Jedi Master star 2

May 30, 2020
    Off the top of my head:
    - The casting for so many of the characters was spot on
    - Jacen was a very welcome surprise with how much he featured in a couple of episodes
    - Ahsoka’s journey from being downtrodden, still holding onto the past and carrying the pain of what Anakin became to then coming out the other end ‘choosing to live’ brighter, more full of life and like the Ahsoka I know and love
    - The care taken to include nods to Rebels with Jai Kell, Ryder, Sabine emulating Kanan cutting her hair etc
    - Baylan was a fantastic addition. Found myself gripped anytime he spoke and I’m very intrigued to find out what his plans are and what he’s searching for on Peridea
    - Thrawn delivered in a way very similar to what he did in Rebels. Accepting the small defeats but being aware that Ahsoka and Ezra’s main enemy was time, ultimately getting away and winning the day
    - The inclusion of the night sisters, their magick and three new great mothers was interesting
    - Bringing Hayden back into the fold to actually delve into Anakin’s life within the force post ROTJ

There’s honestly a tonne more stuff but I’m conscious that my post would end up being a ridiculous length!

It’s not perfect, there’s things that aren’t executed as well as they could have been. But that’s the beauty of Star Wars for me, different people get different things out of each show or movie and that’s fine. It all comes together to produce an interesting story that I’m sure will go on to even more interesting things with Thrawn and Ezra back in the main galaxy, Baylan on his quest and then whatever Ahsoka and Sabine are going to end up doing

5. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    I know you did not ask me, but I will throw in my two cents, since I agree.

• The cinematography is some of the best cinematography that I have ever seen in Star Wars.
    • The emotional attachment to characters like Anakin, Ahsoka and Sabine, accompanied by what I consider amazing acting on behalf of the actors who play these roles, also makes the show brilliant
    • The music by Kevin Kiner is on spot, and very fitting to the show
    • The worldbuilding and sense of escapism that the show provides. Peridea is a whole beast on its own, but the rest of the episodes also add to that.
    • Most importantly, Ahsoka had a simplicity that I had missed in Star Wars, and it did not try to be a lot more than it needed to be.
    • Shin Hati and Baylan Skoll, the two most interesting "villains" in the Disney era

6. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    Wonder if they recast Baylan? His story isn’t done yet.

Also more Shin, yes please.

rumblewagon likes this.
  7. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jan 15, 2018
    I expect a recast

8. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    Almost certainly I would say. They could alternatively show in the beginning of Season 2 his face getting burned or something, and then he wears a mask that covers his entire face, like 38.78% of all Sith in canon and non-canon media :p

jedi_master_ousley likes this.
  9. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jan 15, 2018
    No i want to see Baylan Skoll face

10. JoshieHewls

JoshieHewls Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 16, 2013
    I know some fans suggested Liev Schreiber as a recasting suggestion for Baylon. It'll probably never happen, but I'd be all for it.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2024
  11. Sproj

Sproj Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2019
    Good call, great actor and could pull it off.

12. Happy Sando

Happy Sando Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2023
    =D= =D= =D=

Please know that I'd have liked this post more than once if I could. Same goes for the follow-up from @Master Jedi Fixxxer as well.

13. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
  14. Bibliora

Bibliora Jedi Knight star 3

May 24, 2023
    I'm with you. I lost my passion for SW with the PT, the ST did nothing to renew it. It was the Mandalorian and Ahsoka that made me get on this message board and babble about the GFFA.

15. DarthHass

DarthHass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2004
    I think I need a rewatch too.

I did a rewatch of Obi-wan before Christmas. Which I completed when I was supposed to be cleaning the house for the holidays. But I watched Obi-wan.

Bibliora, Happy Sando and Aah Fisto like this.
  16. Bibliora

May 24, 2023
    This may be just me, but Ahsoka contains the best moment in SW for me. The entire WBW sequence with Anakin was amazing. It gave such depth to each character and was just plain cool. It was more than flashbacks to TCW, it showed what growing up in war can do to even the best. Without years of fighting and watching people die would Anakin have become Vader? Or at least it's a better reason for Vader than the whole Padme/Mother storyline. It also gave us back the Ahsoka we were introduced to in TCW. I have many other reasons to love Ahsoka, but this was something transcendent you did not get in the other live action SW series.

17. Sproj

Sproj Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2019
    Luke's arrival in Mando season 2?

18. Bibliora

May 24, 2023
    The deep fake pulled me out of the moment. However, Grogu's goodbye to Din is a moment I won't soon forget.

19. Dorryn

Dorryn Jedi Master star 3

Jan 24, 2015
    Good for you. As an Ahsoka fan since she first appeared, I was a little worried about the show (since Obi-Wan and Mando S3 were so bad). In the end I didn't totally dislike it, it just left me with a "meh" feeling.
    I can't quite put my finger on it. I absolutely loved Ahsoka in Mando S2 and I was giddy like a schoolboy for the entire episode but during her own show I just watched and felt nothing, except with the WBW stuff and her reunion with Anakin.

Not a fan of the white outfit either. I get that she's had an epiphany and it symbolizes a new chapter in her journey, but she doesn't wear white as well as darker colors. At least they spared her the ridicule of having a staff like at the end of Rebels..

Sproj likes this.
  20. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Ahsoka’s white outfit is one of the best outfits in the history of Star Wars. It’s near-perfection from both a design and color perspective. When she’s out there on top of her ship, with the purggil rising in front of her, and those white robes flapping in the wind? Sublime. Hard to get better imagery than that.

And why would it be worthy of ridicule for her to hold a staff?

I know this is all a question of taste, but boy am I glad Lucasfilm keeps hiring artists with good taste to craft these worlds and characters. The best in the business.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2024
    Reepicheep775 and Lomer2012 like this.
  21. Ghost Ryder

Ghost Ryder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2016
    It could happen in Season 2, depending on how far Filoni wants to go with the Gandalf connection.

He included it for this, too. It's a "possible future", but in a way, so was the Rebels epilogue.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  22. Reepicheep775

Reepicheep775 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 27, 2019
    Do we know if we've crossed the Rebels epilogue in Ahsoka yet? There was a scene that looked a lot like it, but Ahsoka was in her grey robes.

23. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jan 15, 2018
    Yess its the same

24. Reepicheep775

Reepicheep775 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 27, 2019
    How do we know though? Has Filoni confirmed it or something?

Last edited: Jan 21, 2024
  25. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jan 15, 2018
    Just look at both scenes.