main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

Andor Official "Andor" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Outsourced, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Bosskkkk

Bosskkkk Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 18, 2012
    Just as a visual reference, here are just a few of the live action characters that Cassian could potentially interact with during the series. I've split them into their different factions, but most, if not all, could be potential candidates for cameos etc, as they'd all be around that timeframe. Most of the actors for each of the characters are also around to reprise their roles.

[​IMG]

(EDIT - I also want to see a scene where Threepio gets his silver leg!)

Last edited: Nov 12, 2018
  2. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    My hierarchy for appearances is 1) K-2SO and 2) Two-Tubes. Anyone else after that is gravy.

3. Wrenegade

Wrenegade Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2015
    I dunno how well they could portray Coruscant on a TV budget, but I'd love to be proven wrong.

4. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Limit big vista outdoor scenes, and it shouldn’t be an issue. Also, it’s easier to render artificial environments, like cities, than more natural environments, in a convincing way with a smaller budget. So I could see them doing it.

Generational Fan likes this.
  5. Bossk_Baby

Bossk_Baby Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 1, 2018
    I’ll take all of them, please. Here’s hoping they all appear. And then get spinoffs of their own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Darth Smurf likes this.
  6. Lt. Hija

Lt. Hija Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2015
    I want to see some IG-88 live action.

[​IMG]

Would be a perfect opportunity to provide the series with some Terminator vibes.

(But NO time travel, please!!!)

7. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    Surely given the timeline this will be operating in Dantooine has to make an appearance...?? I know the original idea was to have it in RO

8. smudger9

smudger9 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2007
    Dantooine would be great. The fact that it didn’t appear in Rebels probably makes it more likely.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Generational Fan and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  9. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    I want to see her....
    [​IMG]

...and this:
    [​IMG]

10. Lt. Hija

Lt. Hija Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2015
    I feel very compelled to add General Willard, commander-in-chief of the Rebel Forces (ANH screenplay)!!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
    Not very likely that this would be shown in the Cassian Andor series.

Gesendet von meinem SM-J510FN mit Tapatalk

12. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Good thinking. I’d love to see Dantooine. That said, it may be far more cost-efficient to reuse the Yavin IV set from Rogue One (not to mention that audiences will recognize it), so they may go that way. But fingers crossed that it’s Dantooine. As long as it looks cool, of course. Is there a canon description of it?

Last edited: Nov 13, 2018
  13. Enfys Nest

Enfys Nest Jedi Youngling

Nov 6, 2018
    Very Nice!
    My top three would be 1.) Enfys Nest, 2.) Benthic and Edrio, and 3.) K2-SO
    I also really want to see Merrick and Raddus.

14. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    This is what it looks like from space.
    [​IMG]

Bor Mullet likes this.
  15. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Thanks. That’s the Ghost, yeah? If so, did it...land?

16. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    Not in that episode, but perhaps on another occasion that happened offscreen.

And I don't think the sets made for RO still exist, so if they will use Yavin IV, they'll have to build all the sets again anyways. Usually movie sets are destroyed the moment all scenes they are used for are shot.

But if you want to see how the Dantooine rebel base was supposed to look, there is concept art in the Art of Rogue One book. Dantooine scenes were cut for budget and time reasons.

17. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    That is the Ghost, yes. They didn't land on the planet unfortunately. It's the scene where they officially become the Rebel Alliance with the various cells coming together above the planet.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  18. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Oh, I assume most of the set was destroyed (though now that there’s continuous production, they are likely keeping a lot more stuff than they have in the past). But even if it’s been completely destroyed, the Yavin IV set already having been designed, planned out, measured etc, will cut a lot of time from production, which saves money.

We’ll see.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2018
  19. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    They would be crazy to change the look from KotOR.

20. Bosskkkk

Bosskkkk Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 18, 2012
    I seem to remember reading a long time ago, that there was a comic/book/story in Legends canon, where the Rebel Alliance tried to assassinate Darth Vader by planting a bomb in C3PO's right leg, and sending him off to confront him.

Did I imagine this?

If they repurpose something like that, I'd love to see a 3 episode arc where a faction of the Rebels (possibly with Saw Gererra involved) attempt an assassination on Vader. Bail Organa could suggest Threepio goes along too (with Cassian, Saw, and some others) as he secretly knows about Threepio/Anakin's history, and hopes that will allow the protocol droid to get close to Vader.

Heck, even Boba Fett could be involved in foiling the assassination attempt, and "disintegrate" a few rebels to protect Vader (they seem to have a bit of off-screen history/respect before ESB)

Just some wishful thinking!

Generational Fan and Bor Mullet like this.
  21. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I can’t believe it, and can’t wait. Fracking Diego Luna and Pedro Pascal leading their own Star Wars TV shows? Wake me up on release day.

Enfys Nest and Avnar like this.
  22. Darth Nave

Darth Nave Jedi Master star 4

Dec 27, 2015
    One of my biggest wishes for the show is that is heavily involves Cassian’s Separatist background. I’ve been starving for more stories centered around them and find them to have a far more sympathetic perspective than the Empire, for which we’ve gotten quite a few POV stories in the current canon. You could feature some of his Separatist allies as characters and explore their views, such as how they came to be allied with an organization that wishes to restore the very Republic they once fought against, which would be very interesting.

Also, Moroff.

23. Enfys Nest

Enfys Nest Jedi Youngling

Nov 6, 2018
    A big +1 for Moroff!

cwustudent and Bor Mullet like this.
  24. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    More of Moroff please.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2018
  25. Vizzy91

Vizzy91 Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 12, 2018
    I don't want to sound too negative but could this series just be a bunch of fan service?

V-2 likes this.