main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph ***OFFICIAL*** Comics Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Spiderfan, Aug 1, 2007.

1. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Marvel has been tremendous horrible with keeping its release dates. Mighty Avengers is months behind The New Avengers, and obivously the push back of the double sized issue of Astonishing X-Men from Feb to April was another major blunder with Kitty's situation was pretty much answered in Uncanny 496 with Piotr's statements. However, some feel the Astonishing giant-sized issue was push back so that it may be re-written. Probably not.

As for the other X-titles regarding the Messiah Complex aftermath...

Cable was going to interest me most just because the importance of the new mutant baby. Will it become the true Messiah or the bane of Bishop's existence. The first issue was pretty light but a good twist of an ending.

X-Men Legacy first issue was a bit flat be does reveal what happen to Xavier's body.

X-Force the second issue was good as the first. It was interesting to see how Wolverine took on the role of leader with X-23 at his side. There's definitely some irony there.

The Secret Invasion Saga issue, was just a background for the events to come starting next month, that it was learned the Elektra and Black Bolt were Skrulls and that no one could be trusted. I'm not real geeked about this storyline since the theme was pretty much covered in "Invasion of the Body Snatchers" and the reimage "Battlestar Galatica" tv series. Altough, I'll definitely be reading it. I don't think any X-Men has been revealed to be a Skrull.

Captain America... Jr???

2. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    There's a spoiler in Ms. Marvel #24 of who is a Skrull.

3. Spiderfan

Spiderfan Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 9, 2004
    Anyone read Secret Invasion #1?

4. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    I only heard it was out today so i will not see it until Saturday. Is this to also cross into each title?

5. Darth_Daver

Darth_Daver Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 23, 2005
    X-Men and Fantastic 4 have seperate tie-in minis. Avengers issues will be the main ones to get alongside the core series.

EDIT:

April
    Secret Invasion 1
    Mighty Avengers 12
    New Avengers 40

May
    Secret Invasion 2
    Captain Britain and MI:13 1
    Incredible Hercules 117
    Mighty Avengers 13
    New Avengers 41
    SI Fantastic Four 1

June
    Secret Invasion 3
    Avengers Intitiative 14
    Captain Britain & MI:13 2
    Incredible Hercules 118
    Marvel Spotlight SI
    Mighty Avengers 28
    New Avengers 42
    SI Fantastic Four 2
    SI Runaways 1
    SI Who Do You Trust 1(one shot)

July
    Secret Invasion 4
    Avengers Intitative 15
    Black Panther 39
    Captain Britain and MI:13 3
    Incredible Hercules 119
    Mighty Avengers 15
    Ms Marvel 29
    New Avengers 43
    New Warriors 14
    SI Fantastic Four 3
    SI Runaways 2
    She-Hulk 31
    Thunderbolts 122
    X-factor 33

EDIT2: Also SI: Inhumans mini.

6. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    I guess I won't be getting this yet, I am quite broke this week. :mad:

7. FlareStorm

FlareStorm Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 13, 2000
    Yeah. Haven't been to keen on the whole idea. The Skrulls? Seriously? The cannon fodder aliens of the universe.

But the issue was a good set-up. We'll see how it goes

8. Spiderfan

Mar 9, 2004
    The idea of the series is to tie up the loose ends of all the Bendis material from the last couple of years (Avengers: Disassembled, New Avengers, House of M, Secret War) while simultaneously making taking the Skrulls back to their original intent...a feared and formidable warrior race bent on domination. Unfortunately they lacked the script immunity the heroes seemed to have so they became a running joke after a while...Bendis wants to bring back the fear.

9. FlareStorm

FlareStorm Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 13, 2000
    If that ends up happening, awesome. I'm way more interested in Final Crisis.

10. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    For all you comic buffs out there, heres a question:

Has there ever been a DC/Marvel Xover?

If so, anyone know what those comic issues are called?

If not, would you like to see one? Why?

11. Spiderfan

Mar 9, 2004
    There have been dozens...honestly. I can't name them all but from memory:

Spider-Man Vs. Batman
    Batman Vs. Spider-Man
    Superman Vs. Spider-Ma
    JLA/Avengers
    Marvel Vs DC
    Hulk Vs. Superman
    Batman Vs. Hulk
    Darkseid Vs. Galactus
    Batman & Captain America
    X-Men Vs. Teen Titans.

Not to mention Amalgum comics where the mashup various heroes and villains from each universe.

I know there is more and likely a bunch that I a forgetting and will kick myself for but at least thats a start. Apparently many of them are collected in trades as "DC Vs. Marvel Classics" or something to that effect.

12. darth_gersh

darth_gersh Force Ghost star 7

Feb 18, 2005
    Last night on Deal no Deal. A guy won over $100,000 and gets to drawn in a comic with Hulk and Wolverine. I doubt it will be anything major.

Any thoughts?

13. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    [image=http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/8879/3150697ef3.jpg]

I didn't see the episode of Deal or No Deal, but that would definitely be cool to be in a Marvel Comic even though if it's just a cameo. I mean, it's like have a speaking part in the original Star Wars trilogy. It's a claim to fame for sure.

14. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    I bought Thor Visionaries: Walter Simonson (collecting issues 337 - 348 of The Mighty Thor) a few days ago. I already had most of the issues, but it was worth it. Simonson's run on Thor was one of the highlights of 80's Marvel, imo, and they have done a good job of reprinting it in this volume... except for transposing two pages. Does nobody check these things? Anyway, a great comic.

15. Emperor_Time

Emperor_Time Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2007
    I liked this comic alot. =P~

[image=http://www.wallpaperbase.com/wallpapers/cartoons/supergirl/supergirl_4.jpg]

16. soitscometothis

Jul 11, 2003
    I have pre-ordered the second Immortal Iron Fist hardcover - I hope it lives up to my expectations.

17. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Immortal Iron Fist #14 is out and wraps up this initial storyline. A tyrant is taken down but escapes, an evil adversary may find eventual solace(this being Devos who I hope they explore much deeper), an new yu-ti, a new Thunderer, etc.

Iron Fist/Rand ends this with one rather miraculous stunt. I relize writers need do keep things open for future use but I hope they do not get too carried away with the super stunts as they become built in god-in-the-machine which can really ruin things in the long term.

18. soitscometothis

Jul 11, 2003
    ^VLM, I stopped reading your post on the second line. Please tell me you didn't put spoilers in there when I just said I haven't read the second hardcover yet (containing issues 7 to 14).:oops:

19. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Well I sure did to some extent. But no matter. You'll love it.

20. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Davos:

[image=http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii214/KnifeToTheSoul/if_4_cov.jpg]

Normally I wish the iron Fist costume neck thing were toned down or removed but I like this one:

[image=http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii214/KnifeToTheSoul/sketch_ironfist.jpg]

21. -RebelScum-

-RebelScum- Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 21, 2004
    I've only read the Armor/Stark Wars saga, and I want to get a bit more into Iron Man. Where should I start?

Scummy

22. Spiderfan

Mar 9, 2004
    Do you want Modern or Classic Iron Man?

If you want Modern Iron Man I would go back to read the Maxiseries of the last couple of years starting with Avengers Disassembled (House of M, Secret War, Civil War, World War Hulk) and work your way through the end of Iron Man Volume 3 and the ongoing Iron Man Volume 4, as well as New Avengers and Mighty Avengers.

Classic is huge collection but might be worth working your way through. The best place to start would be Tales of Suspense #39 and working your way forward.

23. soitscometothis

Jul 11, 2003
    My premiere harcover of Immortal Iron Fist vol#2 arrived yesterday, and very nice it is too.

Aja's art is as moody as ever, and Danny's fight against Fat Cobra is very good looking and exciting; the bad part of this is that it is, for me, the highlight of the book. Brubaker and Fraction are clever writers, and they don't follow the reader's expectations of what will happen in the tournament, i.e. Danny and Davos fighting each other in the final round in a massive gruge match. Which for me is both good and bad. It's good that they aren't going for predictable cliches, but it's kind of disappointing because I was looking forward to a big, detailed fight sequence, much like the Iron Fist/Fat Cobra duel. Oh, well.

Also, I was rather disappointed that David Aja drew less and less of the book as I got further into it. He didn't draw any of the final chapter, which makes me sad. I also miss Travel Foreman's stylish art (I do know he's taking over regular penciling duties in the future stoyline, and I'm looking forward to that).

However, those rather minor gripes aside, it's a great book, with some nice touches of humour amongst the violence.

Now, where's my Iron Fist movie?

24. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    I sort of liked that they did not have that showdown. The Steel Serpent will obviously be a recurring character and they are being unpredictable with their storytelling which is a nice change. Rand got his ass handed to him by the Hydra spider bot for example.

[image=http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii214/KnifeToTheSoul/iftv6.jpg]

With the latest issue we learn all previous Iron Fists have died at the age of 33. The conclusion of the latest issue shows Cage and gang coming in with a 33rd birthday cake for Daniel.

25. Im_just_guessing

Im_just_guessing Jedi Knight star 7

Oct 23, 2002
    lol @ Ultimates 3

Sorry...I can't help it...its so horrible its funny.