main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official CV Schedule PDFs! -- UPDATED AUGUST 3rd!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by MattDoc, Jul 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MattDoc

MattDoc Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 10, 2009
    Having only CIII to compare to (which did, naturally, have all of the hype for Episode III to play off of) I think this schedule is pretty impressive. They have something for everyone here...collectors, fans of the movies, fans of the EU, behind the scenes stuff, celebrities. I look at this agenda and think, "Whew, when will I actually have time to hit the Store and Exhibit hall."

I'm curious what you guys were expecting to be on the schedule since this sounds like it doesn't quite meet your expectations.

2. KissinDigital

KissinDigital Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 25, 2010
    I wasn't really expecting much but after watching vids of certain celeb panels like the Avengers line up panel, I'm a little sad there doesn't seem to be anything like having much of the cast on one stage.

But I'm okay with it, I go to cons to mingle anyway. I -might- watch Mark's RotJ panel but I'm not planning my day around it. xD

3. MattDoc

Dec 10, 2009
    That's the perfect attitude to take. Go to what you'll enjoy and do what is fun for you. Not sure if we've ever been lucky enough to get full casts on stage for the SW movies. However, the "Clone Wars Behind the Microphone" that is Saturday at 6pm (horrible time for anyone doing Endor that night) might be what you're looking for there. I'm guessing it will be the voice actors from the animated series.

4. KissinDigital

Jul 25, 2010
    Experience is the best teacher. :p

I'm sure my bro-in-law will that up, I'm a bit weary of it cos I'm super behind on my viewing. <.<;;

5. chucknotsteve

chucknotsteve Jedi Youngling

Jul 19, 2010
    Definitely attending that. Sounds similar (but obviously better) to something they did at SW Weekends this year.

6. Zepherous

Zepherous Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 30, 2010
    Not quite sure what I was expecting. I have never been to a con of any kind. This is my first one. I just looked at everyday's schedule and realized, I will have a lot of time to do nothing with. I loved Star Wars Weekends this year, so hopefully I have a good time at this. I would hate to have bought VIP tickets for nothing.

7. chucknotsteve

chucknotsteve Jedi Youngling

Jul 19, 2010
    Guys, I have a question.

Am I blind or is Ashley Eckstein not having a Her Universe panel? Seems odd, considering she had one at SDCC...
    I could have sworn see said she was having one. [face_thinking]

8. D-Ludicrous

D-Ludicrous Jedi Master star 2

Oct 26, 2006
    How can you say that there is nothing to do. My first question is 1)Have you look at the schedule? There is tons of stuff to do. 2)If there is nothing there that interests you then why are you going? What would you want them to have that would interest you. Some people might say there is TOO MUCH to do. I wish I could go to all of the panels but alas I will have miss some because other panels are happening at the same time. I'll give you a pass since this is your first convention you have no idea what it is like so you don't have a frame of reference to say "I'm bored". I have been to CIII and CIV and believe me you'll never have "nothing" to do. Even standing in line you will have something to do and that is crab about having to stand in a long line.

9. MattDoc

Dec 10, 2009
    I think she's hosting the fashion shows.

10. D-Ludicrous

D-Ludicrous Jedi Master star 2

Oct 26, 2006
    The schedule is still a "work in progress" and so by the time it finalizes I'm sure she will be in there somewhere.

11. dragonmar

dragonmar Jedi Youngling star 2

May 30, 2003
    You will have more than enough to do no matter the schedule. There are the exhibits and just going around and taking pictures of all the costumes that will be there, that alone can take up a lot of the weekend.

12. MrSkinnee

MrSkinnee Jedi Master star 3

Mar 25, 2002
    The schedule has been revised with a 7-30 update today.
    ROBOT CHICKEN PANEL!! AWESOME!!

13. MattDoc

Dec 10, 2009
    Looks like they added a couple of Robot Chicken panels and a few other things.

14. Zepherous

Zepherous Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 30, 2010
    Yes, I have looked at it a few times. And, I am asking myself that very question; why am I going?

15. Photo-Knight

Photo-Knight Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 9, 2007
    The lack-of-sleep day for me seems to be Saturday. Pre-sunrise (or night before) line up for the wristbands, full day of activities, then Disney Star Tours (or some other party) until after midnight. Yikes, better schedule a nap. Or a bucket of coffee.

16. KissinDigital

Jul 25, 2010
    Sleep is what Sunday is for. ;)

17. Thistledown

Thistledown Jedi Youngling

Apr 10, 2002
    I've been a bit frustrated with the formatting of the official schedule so I made my own. I've done this for C's II, III, IV, and now V. It's an excel file with merged cells (doesn't import properly into google docs). Feel free to do what you want with it. Each day will fit in landscape mode on a legal size paper. The type is small, but readable. I make no guarantees on the accuracy of the data, but I've done my best to make it accurate as of today.

CV Excel Schedule 20100730

18. Grand Admiral Strife

Grand Admiral Strife RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 21, 2001
  19. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008
    Or when you're dead! I plan on doing all of that on Saturday and then turning around and volunteering for Official Pix on Sunday. Whew!

20. MajinKaze

MajinKaze Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 1, 2005
    I'll sleep when the convention is over. :p

21. LordStarwalker

LordStarwalker Jedi Youngling

Jul 22, 2010
    If unsure you are about attending CV, why keep the tickets?

How much would you take for your pass? :cool: Please feel free to PM me.

22. MrSkinnee

MrSkinnee Jedi Master star 3

Mar 25, 2002
    Thistledown,
    The thing that I like about your schedule is that it lists the important things first. The problem with the PDF that ReedPop has put out is that the first things you see are all the events that take place the entire weekend. The Celebration Experience, The Celebration Store, the Tattoo Pavilion, the R2 Builder's Room, the TK Helmet Exhibit Room...etc. For the most part, none of those things change the whole weekend. I would prefer for the Live Stages and Scheduled Events to come first on those PDF's and all of the other "non-changing" events to be on the bottom of the PDF. In my opinion, the Live Stages are the main things that people will want to see anyway, so it only makes sense to put them first. Everything else is filler that will be there the whole weekend.

23. Rogue501st

Rogue501st Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 9, 2010
    Agreed. This version is much easier to read for the information I want. We all know about the events that will cover the entire weekend. The Live Stage schedule is all I really need. Thanks Thistledown!

24. Thistledown

Thistledown Jedi Youngling

Apr 10, 2002
    Thanks for the comments. I'll update it as it changes.

If you have Excel, you can always remove some of the all day event columns and it will fit on an 8.5x11 sheet. You can also change the colors of the events to red or another color to highlight what you want to go see. You'll have to change the properties of the all day events to unmerge the cells to change the color of a couple rows (each row represents 15 minutes) in something like laser tag or the exhibit hall. If you do this, be sure to merge back the first 2-3 rows in a large column in order for the description to show back up.

25. CarolynNC

CarolynNC Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2002
    The information can be a little overwhelming and hard to figure out. I assure you there is much to occupy any Star Wars fan. What is it you like about Star Wars? What drew you to the franchise?

I was already an adult when the original Star Wars appeared in the theater. Technology has traveled a long way since my first encounter with that galaxy far, far away. What interests me the most is how they were able to produce this movie that sucked me in and made me believe in that world. I'll have to make sure I see the Watts, Peterson, and Burts panels since they'll be centered on how they made the unbelievable, believable. The Diorama builders give me a taste of what it might have been like to make those scenes believable. Then there's the R2D2 builders. The droids were essential to the original trilogy. I've been an off & on collector so I'll be checking out the collecting panels. I read any Star Wars book I can get my hands on so I'll be checking out author panels and book signings. Do you see where I'm going with this? You don't need to do everything. It's impossible. Look for things that relate to your love of Star Wars. It will be there. You will wonder what happened to the time and lamenting all the great things you missed. Take time to admire the costumed attendees. They put a lot of time and effort into their costumes and I'm sure they'd love to tell you about them. There are some amazing, creative fans out there.

Go in with the proper attitude and I'm sure you'll have a terrific time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.