main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official CV Schedule PDFs! -- UPDATED AUGUST 3rd!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by MattDoc, Jul 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zepherous

Zepherous Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 30, 2010
    Thank you.

2. Dingo

Dingo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2001
    Just to add to the pool of various ways of keeping the schedule with you, below is one for those that synch their calendars with their mobiles/PDAs/iPhones/Androids.

Below are links to Office Online calendars for each of the rooms/stages from the "Live Stages and Scheduled Events" section of the schedule. Link to them inside your Outlook/iCalendar/Windows Live compatible programs and if you can set it to check for updates as I've set my Outlook to update any changes I make (and will keep doing so until the Wednesday before CV). Then all you need to do is pick the events you want to go to and set a reminder for it (all currently have no reminder set on them).

Oh, and all the items are set with the timezone to Eastern so it doesn't reschedule as time zones change when you get to Orlando.

Celebration Stage

Digital Stage

Behind-The-Scenes Stage

Collectors Stage

Fan Stage

Project Room and Lecture Hall

Jedi Training Stage

Speed Dating

Photo Stage

Artist Review

Fan-Hosted Events

3. ChewieTitan

ChewieTitan Jedi Master star 2

Dec 26, 2001
    Thank you Dingo for posting! Works good on iPad.

4. MrSkinnee

MrSkinnee Jedi Master star 3

Mar 25, 2002
    When I import all those events into the calendar on my Mac, they're all mixed up. I was hoping each column would be a specific room, but it blended them all together.

5. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    Hmmm, the latest program schedule lists the VIP Lounge as being open from 9am-8pm.

Yet the VIP early entrance starts at 9:30am (half hour before general admission). [face_thinking]

6. chucknotsteve

chucknotsteve Jedi Youngling

Jul 19, 2010
    Final schedule posted! There are too many things I want to do! Decisions... [face_thinking]

7. Dingo

Apr 23, 2001
    Johnny, what are you importing them into? In Outlook I have each as a separate calendar that I can overlay on each other, but I do know that when testing in Lotus it just put everything into one. What I will do when I get home from work is add the room to each entry so that if it does put everything in one it will still have the details.

8. MrSkinnee

MrSkinnee Jedi Master star 3

Mar 25, 2002
    I just click each link and it automatically opens and places them into iCal on my Mac.

9. Dingo

Apr 23, 2001
    I haven't used iCal enough to be able to walk you through it step by step, but basically you just need to make sure each file goes into a separate calendar (which I thought it would do automatically). What that might mean is instead of just opening the link, go to Calendar > Subscribe and then paste in the URL from my links and it should subscribe to it and create a new calendar that way.

10. MattDoc

MattDoc Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 10, 2009
    Rather than trying to do anything automatically, I'm manually entering only the items that I am interested in seeing onto my Google Calendar. If it's a session I don't have any interest in I don't want to clutter up my calendar with it. This way I can easily see exactly what I want to do each day.

Plus, this syncs with my iPhone so I can get reminders and alerts to make sure I don't miss a session.

I'll still have the full paper copy with me, but with the google/iphone version I don't have to sort through everything every hour.

11. CarolynNC

CarolynNC Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2002
    StarWars.com gave updates on 8/1 & 8/2 which list stage events with more details. I found these really helpful and easy to follow. I plan to highlight all the ones I'm interested in attending and cross my fingers I'll get to see a fourth of them! :p

8/1 update Be sure to navigate through all 5 pages for the 8/1 update. Originally I missed the following pages and thought the first page was all that was posted.

8/2 update

12. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    Some great events planned for the Celebration & Digital stages.

13. Thistledown

Thistledown Jedi Youngling

Apr 10, 2002
  14. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008

There are no opening festivities? I thought that would be a staple. Or is that "Celebrating CV with Steve Sansweet." It doesn't sound like it based on the description.

15. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    According to the CV Twitter feed, "Team is definitely planning a big opening ceremony; details haven't been released..."

16. Rogue501st

Rogue501st Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 9, 2010
    I have be wondering that myself. [face_thinking] I am driving down from South Carolina Thursday morning and plan to be there around 1pm. So, I am hoping that this session is the opening ceremony. I sort of wish they would stop teasing things and just give us the information.

17. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    Hi all, been lurking on this form and have a question. Does anybody know if the rooms will be cleared after each event, like they do at Dragon*Con? I can't remember what they did at C3. There are several panels I want to attend that take place one right after the other, and if the rooms are being cleared I need to prioritize which ones to stand in line for. Thanks!

18. Mr_Mundi

Mr_Mundi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    I don't remember where I read it, but someone posted, that the rooms will be cleared after each panel.

19. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    My Excel nerddom is showing here, but this is really helpful... much more readable and easier to mark up than the official PDF. Thanks!

20. Zepherous

Zepherous Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 30, 2010
    Thank you, Dingo for the calender/schedules.

21. Thistledown

Thistledown Jedi Youngling

Apr 10, 2002
    Thanks for the comments on the Excel schedule. I've tweaked it a bit so it all fits on letter size paper. I was able to reduce the size by pulling off the all day events onto their own worksheet.

CV Schedule 20100802 Letter Size

22. mrsvos

mrsvos Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 18, 2005
    I've got to work on mine tonight or in the morning. I've pulled out a bunch of books and comics I want signed, now I have to match these events with my work schedule. I also want to make a list of the swag I want and which booths they are at so I can hit them up in the right order!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.