main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Animated Shorts Official Discussion - Clone Wars: Chapter 14 (The Ilum Incident) [spoilers]

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Master-Fett, Mar 31, 2004.

1. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Bariss had *a* lightsaber in AOTC. I'm sure that every padawan is given a saber as part of their training. They probably have a whole room of them in the Temple somewhere. ("Pick one, young padawan").

Close. Padawans are given one by their Masters upon selection as drawn from the Jedi storage (for examples of this, see AOTC: Anakin and Obi-Wan are thrown two random lightsabers in the arena; it's clearly not their own).

One of the requirements for Knighthood is the construction of one's OWN lightsaber, as was speculated above. You traditionally *cannot* be Knighted without doing so.

2. adj

adj Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 18, 2003
    But Anakin built his first saber by himself (not his training saber, his real lightsaber).

But Anakin is also the "chosen one" as well.

3. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    One of the requirements for Knighthood is the construction of one's OWN lightsaber, as was speculated above. You traditionally *cannot* be Knighted without doing so.

So this could be done at any period in the training, whether it be at 12 yrs-old (Anakin) or at the end of training (Barriss).

4. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Guff... yes.

5. Chilean_JEDI19

Chilean_JEDI19 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2002
    Obi-Wan said it takes days (even weeks) for a Jedi do complete their lightsaber building, and it took Bariss less than a minute.

Eh... I don't think so. As someone said earlier, she probably made the "body" and mechanic parts of the saber before, and the Ilum ceremony was only the conclusion of the process: the placing of the crystal.

About the crystal colors, nobody said the color of the crystal makes the color of the blade. And besides, there are many sources to get crystals for your lightsaber, besides Ilum. Just remember the Young Jedi series or Tales of the Jedi. (Trying to bring the EU together =P)

6. drth sidious

drth sidious Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 24, 1999
    Did anything catch the Hoth/probot reference in the beginning? The way the chameleon droid landed and exited its crater was similar to the probot landing on Hoth. Didn't see it mentioned, so thought I'd share.

7. Chilean_JEDI19

Chilean_JEDI19 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2002
    I noticed it... nice...

I like the way this micro-series have dealed with the OT references... The Republic Cruiser entering a la ANH... The Anakin's "I have you now!"... or the way the Clone pilots prepared to battle in the first Chapter... Very Yavinish... =P

8. Unno

Unno Jedi Youngling

Nov 10, 2003
    "That's just like the device Bond had on his car in Die Another Day!!"

It's also just like the actual military prototypes that the Bond car idea was based on. :)

Unno

9. txa1265

txa1265 Jedi Youngling

Apr 2, 2004
    The thing I left this episode with was the contrast between the conflict of Anakin/ObiWan and the unity of Bariss/Luminari ... they look like one being fighting with two sabers, while Ani/Obi can't even coordinate a simple attack ...

Mike

10. Blackout

Blackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2000
    WAHEY! Hiya Mike :D

Ahem. What got me was poor Luminara and Barriss holding tonnes of rock above their head while Yoda parks the ship half a mile away, has a chat on the ramp and then waddles toward the temple like he's going to check on his neighbour's cat! Who decided to park there? :p

{||||| ?||} ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

11. Kit-Fisto7BA

Kit-Fisto7BA Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 21, 2003
    I thought it was kind of neat to see Luminara and Barris have their own episode.

12. -Jack-Sparrow-

-Jack-Sparrow- Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 26, 2003
    Cool chapter! I love the Yoda part at the end. :)

13. JdieKnight

JdieKnight Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 9, 1999
    I agree on the Obi/Anakin chemistry. Nothing like that Qui-Gon/Obi chemistry on Episode I though... :)

14. darthdemon11

darthdemon11 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2004
    You're right, chapter14 is my favorite, it has

action,aggresion, and I sound like that guy on Battle

Bots huh? Anyway, I like Barras, she's so cool and

Luminara rocks.

15. darthdemon11

darthdemon11 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2004
    Everyone is making a huge fuss about how Barras made

her saber so fast.Who cares about it?! Its not

important!!!!

16. darth-amedda

darth-amedda Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2003
    I really liked this one. For me it's the best episode in the second part and one the favourites in the entire clone wars. Quite opposite to the most disappointing Mace's episodes.

Reference to Hoth droid was quite funny. I liked the dialogue "the heart - the crystal - the Jedi - the Force" blah-blah, though I agree that it was cheesy (but, well, SW in many cases is about loving cheesy things ;) ). I also liked their voices and the music in the background. It was some kind of reminiscence of Yoda's lectures on Dagobah - sth that (for me) the PT was lacking.

And, finally, the location was attractive. I was afraid that it would be only simple repetition of Hoth landscapes, but the interior of the mines was actually quite nice and distinctive.

17. Captain_Typho

Captain_Typho Jedi Master star 5

Jul 30, 2003
    wrong post. sorry.

18. GhostPoet

GhostPoet Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 15, 2000
    The lightsaber is a sacred thing to the jedi. It's not a weapon. it's their life. Remember what Obi said in AoTC.