main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rogue One [Official Info] Alan Tudyk (K-2SO) in Rogue One

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by Darkslayer, Aug 15, 2015.

1. Jedimarine

Jedimarine Force Ghost star 5

Feb 13, 2001
    While I like K-2, I worry too much of him would be a mistake. While Cassian relied on his abilities, you still got a cool, professional demeanor from Cassian when dealing with the droid.

If they are in the series together, and more over, STAY together for most of it, you start allowing for more interpersonal time, which writers, being human, will expound into more meaningful relationship space.

While it may lead to good tv, it could cut the legs off of the original depiction in Rogue One. If by the end of the streaming show Cassian calls K-2 his best friend, and then you're suppose to chronologically flow into Rogue One, you could be confused a bit.

But then, non-sequential story-telling is full of such pitfalls...someone should really tell people who make Star Wars content this fact someday.

paradigmes and Sarge like this.
  2. paradigmes

paradigmes Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 9, 2021
    Yes, I too love K-2SO. You are right @Jedimarine, any appearance by him would have maintain his sneer sarcasm against Cassian's irritated straight man act, which is such a funny dynamic in Rogue One.