main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rogue One [Official Info] Diego Luna (Captain Cassian Andor) in Rogue One

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by starocean90, May 13, 2015.

1. mirrorbright

mirrorbright Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 14, 2016
    I thought the comic was fine, but i wish it wasn't just a one-shot. I'd really love to see more of them.

2. richardfromnyc

richardfromnyc Jedi Padawan

Jul 25, 2017
    Bodhi : "You said we'd come here and only take a look"
    Cassan: "I'm here, I'm looking! Now Go!"

i probably didn't get the exact wording right, but I love that line by Cassan

3. Grand Master Galen Marek

Grand Master Galen Marek Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 22, 2014
    He was a amazing character.

mirrorbright and Avnar like this.
  4. mirrorbright

Oct 14, 2016
    Have any of you had the chance to check latest "Star Wars Adventures" issue? It features a short story with Cassian and K2SO babysitting wookiees :) (written by Alan Tudyk). I thought it was really adorable.

This part in particular:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. mirrorbright

Oct 14, 2016
    (sorry for posting one post after another)

So, does anyone think we could still see Cassian by the end of this season of Rebels? I was kind of hopeful before it started but now we're at episode 6? I think? And I feel like there might not enough time for that :(... I love his character and I really want to see him on-screen again.

Gigoran Monk likes this.
  6. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    I think we'll see him.

mirrorbright and Gigoran Monk like this.
  7. Bob Effette

Bob Effette Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2015
    Nah, he wasn't an assassin, he was a spy. James Bond ruthlessly kills people but he isn't an assassin. Both characters typically had orders to get rid of people who the Rebels considered threats to the greater good.

And he wouldn't have been in the pay of the Rebel Alliance, it is a cause rather than an organised military. The people making up the numbers would all be volunteers. Cassian Andor as a character is a committed revolutionary, and it is no surprise to me that Luna was chosen for the part, bringing his South American ethnicity with him.

8. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Huh? Diego Luna is from Mexico - that's North America.

Ricardo Funes likes this.
  9. Bob the X-Winger

Bob the X-Winger Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 8, 2016

Spies act as informants and gather intelligence that lead to assassinations or coopting individuals to their side. Assassin would be more correct. In the case of Bond he was granted special permission to kill, a license to kill but spies don't assassinate political leaders they mostly gather intelligence and probe for vulnerabilities. In the modern world a hacker would be a spy or a defector would be a double agent someone who has divided loyalties. Assassins are a completely separate field.

10. Bob Effette

Bob Effette Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2015
    Yes he is, my apologies. I don't know why I posted that. I was of course alluding to that "Mexican Revolutionary" type vibe that he brings to the part. Apologies for my gaffe there. I hope posters understand what I was getting at.

BoB the X Winger

Andor was Rebel Intelligence. I think it is probably more accurate to say that roles within the Rebel alliance probably overlap depending on need.

11. mirrorbright

Oct 14, 2016
    :)

[​IMG]

(x)

J7Luke likes this.
  12. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    Jabba...

Ren Kylo likes this.
  13. Ren Kylo

Ren Kylo Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 23, 2015
    my favorite line of his is during the escape from jedha.
    k2: i haven't completed my calculations!
    cassian: i'll make them for you

love it!

14. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    @mirrorbright thanks for posting that comic. Lots of fun and great to see Alan embellishing his snark-tastic turn as K2SO.

mirrorbright likes this.
  15. mirrorbright

Oct 14, 2016
    You're welcome :). It was such a cute story, I also enjoyed it a lot.

Master_Lok likes this.
  16. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    So, I reside in Collin County, just north of Dallas, Texas, and there are all these campaign signs for a woman named Briana Andor who is running for county commissioner. I had no idea that it was a real name until earlier this month. Lol.

Master_Lok likes this.
  17. mirrorbright

Oct 14, 2016
    [​IMG]

CASSIAN ANDOR LIVE-ACTION SERIES ANNOUNCED

DIEGO LUNA RETURNS AS THE ROGUE ONE HERO IN A SPY THRILLER FOR DISNEY'S DIRECT-TO-CONSUMER STREAMING SERVICE.

Disney Chairman and CEO Bob Iger announced today that Lucasfilm is in development on a second Star Wars live-action series for Disney+, the Company’s new direct-to-consumer streaming service. The series, which will go into production next year, follows the adventures of rebel spy Cassian Andor during the formative years of the Rebellion and prior to the events of Rogue One: A Star Wars Story. Diego Luna will reprise the role of Andor. “Going back to the Star Wars universe is very special for me,” said Luna. “I have so many memories of the great work we did together and the relationships I made throughout the journey. We have a fantastic adventure ahead of us, and this new exciting format will give us the chance to explore this character more deeply.”

The rousing spy thriller will explore tales filled with espionage and daring missions to restore hope to a galaxy in the grip of a ruthless Empire. A release date for the series has not yet been announced. Stay tuned to StarWars.com for the latest updates.

18. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Somewhere @Bor Mullet is crying tears of joy and holding his copy of Rogue One ever so gently. :p

19. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    This is awesome!

Avnar likes this.
  20. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    Hopefully they really get into all of that morally shady/iffy stuff that he claimed that he's done on behalf of the Rebellion.

21. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    And I just got done rewatching R1 earlier today

22. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    Great news!!

23. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    Who isn't?? The only SW film that touches the OT imo =D= Great news!

Bor Mullet likes this.
  24. Red Solo

Red Solo Jedi Knight

Jan 9, 2016
    Did he kill Younglings ?

25. severian28

severian28 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 1, 2004
    Amazing performance, possibly the best in any Star Wars film.

mirrorbright and Bor Mullet like this.