main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rogue One [Official Info] Forest Whitaker (Saw Gerrera) in Rogue One

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by starocean90, Jun 15, 2015.

1. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Yeah, it's interesting that he appears in so many different stories. Didn't exactly see that coming from the Onderon arc of TCW.

EHT likes this.
  2. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    It's because he's so awesome in Rogue One. His character screams "Back Story".

Darth__Lobot likes this.
  3. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    He like some outside agent who got the backing of the goverment and soon, ocne it changes regime they abondon him and hunt for him and he becomes a rebel and later a terrorist to the empire. He was the first rebel, and he was trained by Dart Vader himself, and later in life becomes just like him. He's what you become if the fight consumes you. I think Saw's story is a by product of the empire. He probaly became more violent when he saw the horroes the empire did to his people and the innocent.

EHT likes this.
  4. Darth__Lobot

Darth__Lobot Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 29, 2015
    Saw Gerrera is a character that for me gets better with each re-watch. He's not on screen that much, but in those moments you really wonder just WTF happened to that guy to get him to the point he's at.

Bor Mullet and PCCViking like this.
  5. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    I think Forest did by far the best acting job in the movie. There's not a lot in the dialogue, it really requires a performance to bring the character to life. I don't know if it's true, but it's pretty easy to assume Forest was chosen based on his performance as Idi Amin.

6. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    I like Forest in this a lot, but for me he’s just a touch too OTT, and as such the least successful of the Rogue One ensemble.

Sarge likes this.
  7. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Yeah, he was so out there that I couldn't take him seriously.