main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rogue One [Official Info] Vader in Rogue One

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by Charon Lefleur, Jul 8, 2015.

1. VadersFollower

VadersFollower Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 18, 2011
  2. JediKnightWax

JediKnightWax Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    I don't think so....
    [​IMG]

3. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    CZ-3 is partially derived from early concept drawings of Darth Vader.

JabbatheHumanBeing likes this.
  4. kegs202

kegs202 Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 26, 2013
    I'm 45 years old and saw A new hope when it first came out. I noticed the eyes of vader way back then and even more so on it's VHS release when I was able to pause it. I don't think this was intentional, it was simply one of those things where the colour of the lenses worked with the camera but it wasn't 100% failsafe. The lens colour simply didn't work with every shot as they'd hoped.

darklordoftech likes this.
  5. JabbatheHumanBeing

JabbatheHumanBeing Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 14, 2015

Other way around.

That said, this doesn't answer the question of what the design is based on in-universe. It's such a distinct and elaborate costume, that one assumes it has a deeper meaning. Would have loved that sort of detail in ROTS.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  6. Rickleo123

Rickleo123 Jedi Knight star 3

May 20, 2016

Too late now.... oh well guess it would have been nice if we actually saw Anakins fall over three films instead of crammed into one. Maybe then we would have had some time to get into the in universe explanation for Vader's look.

Or even better.... something worth exploring in a solo Vader Anthology film!

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  7. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    Based on this figurine, Vader's tunic is tucked underneath his chestplate like in The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi (and Revenge of the Sith), and not tucked underneath like in A New Hope. I mean, that's not to say this is 100% proof that's how it'll be in the movie, but it's interesting nonetheless. And really anal retentive to notice, but still.

[​IMG]

AniLukeRey likes this.
  8. DINVADER

DINVADER Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 25, 2000
    Was told under good reliable authority this figure is NOT how Vader's suit looks in R1, because it's pretty much a replica of the ANH one used in R1. Makingstarwars.net told me this along with yakface.com

9. THE_PIED_PIPER

THE_PIED_PIPER Chapter Rep Knoxville, TN star 4

Jun 8, 2006
    I know that I'm late to the conversation, but I just wanted to say how thrilled that I was to know that Vader will be in Rogue One. My level of excitement for the movie went from about, 'meh' to $&*@! :D I was disappointed with the direction that the Skywalker family has taken in the new post-ROTJ canon - So, to see Vader in Rogue One, and last spring in Rebels, has been a morale boost for this Lady Vader as so much of my love of Star Wars is centered around Anakin Skywalker.

10. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Look at Darth Bane in TCW. Vader's armor is inspired by the armor worn by Sith Lords in ancient times.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  11. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
  12. Ed_Fett_77

Ed_Fett_77 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 19, 2015
    To be honest i saw the SW Movies a Million times, but i first learnt of the differences in Vaders Suit on the Message Boards.

my kind of scum likes this.
  13. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    I think the helmet looks rather ANH-like, tbh. But it's hard to tell from a small picture. However, the chest area doesn't look like ANH because in ANH he wears the tunic over the chest plate. Curious.

14. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Looks refreshingly like the ANH Vader, which was always my favourite.

15. raefinnpoe

raefinnpoe Jedi Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    wikipedia says several actors are potraying vader in physical form in R1 one is spencer wilding welch actor who has played roles such as frankenstines monster.

16. weezer

weezer Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 16, 2001
    Odd that all of the images of Vader seem to use the esb look. Doesn't fit with the rumors, and Pablo said to "wait to see how it looks in the movie."

17. DINVADER

Jan 25, 2000
    The ESB look doesn't have the amber lenses as the new image does, and so does the POP bobbleheads.
    These promo photos, Vader on the card set and the figures and pop bobbleheads all have amber lenses but shoulder armor over the the inner cloak. I've been told by two people in the know that saw the inner cloak (They have reliable track records one is Jason Ward who runs makingstarwars.net) running over top the shoulder armor in R1 production photos. I am thinking sometime in the movie, by the end he ends up with the inner cloak running over the armor for the lead in to ANH. If they weren't caring about aiming toward ANH they would not have even bothered with the amber lenses and bringing in Brian Muir to help. Perhaps Vader changes outfits because he goes into that bacta (for whatever reason) looking chamber seen in the first trailer? Even Lucasfilm Story Group visits the film sets at times. (Pablo Hidalgo, head of the storygroup in Lucasfilm said they've been to the film sets/studios a few times.) I keep up with his tweets and he answered one vaguely today. He also writes and organizes The Visual Guides and many other SW books, This is what he said today.

[​IMG]

18. weezer

weezer Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 16, 2001
    Thanks for the longer version of what I said? :p

That is a good point about it being a story reason to clear up the difference between ROTS and ANH. It does line up with rumors we've heard about Vader ending up in the tank.

19. TheMoldyCrow

TheMoldyCrow Jedi Master star 3

Jun 16, 2015
    Well, if this Funko POP figure is any indication, it seems Vader will definitely look much like his original appearance.
    [​IMG]

AniLukeRey likes this.
  20. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
  21. DarthZ07

DarthZ07 Jedi Grand Master star 2

May 11, 2005
    Looks more like Stewie Vader.

[​IMG]

22. Big Boss

Big Boss Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 16, 2015
    AWESOME! im not too crazy about the details but im happy theyve gone the effort. the red lenses are more important than the cloak, he could just change that whenever, as seen in all 4 times we've seen him. the lenses however, only changed from ANH to ESB nd then remained the same. its also more noticeable.
    that little power/contraption in the centre of his torso, is one of the things that always stood out to me that changed from movie to movie, so wondering if thatll get a makeover again?

23. Among the Clouds

Among the Clouds Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2001
    Perhaps in the film he sustains some damage in the shoulder armor that necessitates his covering of it with the inner cloak.

24. DINVADER

Jan 25, 2000
    Sorry about that.

25. Bosskkkk

Bosskkkk Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 18, 2012
    here is Vad