main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mini Series Official "Obi-Wan Kenobi" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Darkslayer, Feb 19, 2019.

1. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    It's beautiful inside AND out!

2. Happy Sando

Happy Sando Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2023
    A bit later than planned, but this morning I was able to crack open my Blu-Rays and binge-watch the entire series. The picture quality is stunning. Every shot contains so many fine details that get lost when streaming. Daiyu is a feast for the eyes.

And I love the show itself more than ever. The dual character arcs for Obi-Wan and Vader are superb. Leia is fantastic, and her pinpoint observational empathy such a wonderful way of exploring her power. Reva consistently impresses throughout, whether she's antagonising the heroes, antagonising the villains, or eventually painting a tragic, broken mess of a victim. Tala's sacrifice gets me every time. Bail and Owen are all heart, although they show it in different ways; brilliant space dads in a franchise known for its brilliant space dads. Those final cameos from Sidious and Qui-Gon are such a treat.

Was also pleased to see the special prequel recap present and correct at the start of Part I, too. Wouldn't be the same without it.

Can't wait to see The Book of Boba Fett get the same treatment; hopefully that's still on track for later in the year. I'm gonna save my Mando sets until a date gets confirmed, and then watch 'em to build hype. Guessing it'd be too much to hope for The Bad Batch, but a nerd can dream.

3. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    An X is, after all, just a spry K.

4. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    @whostheBossk just made me realize I predicted the Kenobi finale. Damn hire me Disney [face_batting]

Last edited: Jul 27, 2024
  5. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    You'd have my endorsement.
    After seeing this show get repeatedly dunked on, this was so refreshing to read. I loved the series pretty much to the same extent.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2024
  6. Happy Sando

Jun 23, 2023
    [​IMG]

7. CampOfSorgan

CampOfSorgan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 27, 2020
    I totally agree @Happy Sando on pretty much everything you said.
    Tala's sacrifice is sooo well done, the music, Obi Wan yelling "Noooo" ... a tearjerking scene for sure.

Happy Sando likes this.
  8. Happy Sando

Jun 23, 2023
    It's a testament to how quickly the show (and Indira Varma's performance) establishes Tala as a favourite. I like Roken a lot, and hope we get to see him again someday, but am forced to admit that I might've preferred to see Tala go forward as the "could bump into again" hero.

But then we wouldn't have gotten that beautiful scene, so...? That, and Leia wearing her holster at the end is a perfect lil' touch.

KyleKartan likes this.
  9. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    This really should have been a movie. What a terrible decision it was to make it a series.