main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*Official* Online Resources

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by LAJ_FETT , Jun 3, 2005.

1. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    It was suggested that we create a thread for online shopping sites that have been tried and proven. I did this at Christmas but the thread has been lost in the pages of the forum. However, I used that as a starting point. Please feel free to suggest any sites not listed that you have found reliable, and also include the country the site is in and I will add them into the next post. (Editting the first post of a sticky thread makes it drop).

2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
  3. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    I probably wouldn't list SDS.

They are not licensed, they've ignored a cease and desist order from Lucasfilm, and there is currently a civil case pending between them.

4. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Do you have a news source for that? I just did a real quick Google search and didn't see anything.

5. MidnightRain

MidnightRain Jedi Master star 4

Jul 16, 2003
    kebcotoys.com and kandccollectibles.com

I've used both of those sites and gotten excellent service.

6. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    LAJ_FETT posted on 6/3/05 1:32pm
    Do you have a news source for that? I just did a real quick Google search and didn't see anything.
    [hr][/blockquote]

It was covered on "Celebrity Justice"(!) of all places.

I'll try to find more info, but there are two messages threads at RPF regarding it.

Apparently the case details are:

Lucasfilm Ltd v. Shepperton Design Studios Limited et al

CENTRAL DISTRICT OF CALIFORNIA (Western Division - Los Angeles)
    CIVIL CASE #: 2:05-cv-03434-RGK-MAN

Maybe that can be looked up?

7. weezer

weezer Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 16, 2001
    Hasbrotoyshop.com

Why buy from the rest when you can buy from the source ;)

8. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
  9. IncomT65

IncomT65 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 1999
    Ooh, I like what I see at Thearthtoymail, Juke! Lots of vintage stuff there!

10. weezer

May 16, 2001
    What about sites like Walmart, Target, K-mart, and Sears?

11. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    OK - I have added in all suggested sites and removed Shepperton.

12. drth sidious

drth sidious Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 24, 1999
  13. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Thanks - have added them in!

14. Mr_Self_Destrukt

Mr_Self_Destrukt Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 29, 2004
    Do we judge these merchants based upon successful transactions or do we base it on great prices?

I have gone to Rebelscum.com and I have seen, for example, that "said merchant" has the new Tarkin Wave or Commander Baccara in stock to find the prices to be very ridiculous. I know these merchants sponsor rebelscum but we should list merchants who also have reasonable prices.

I personally recommend E-Bay.

15. IncomT65

Jul 28, 1999
    I think you have the judge them on succesful transactions, but also on (after sales) service, contact, etc. I mean, if you had a deal that didn't work out right, nothing is better than a dealer solving the problem for you in a way that satisfies you, the customer.

I only had one problem so far, way back in the 90s. I bought this cool yellow R2 shirt at Intergalactic Trading (FL). Somehow the package got wet during shipment, because the blue of the neck and sleeve ringers had gotten into the yellow of the shirt. I wrote them a letter, and they sent me a brand new shirt, not even wanting the old one back. A few days later I even got a phone call from them, asking if everything was alright. Mind you, I live in Holland, so I thought that was excellent service!

16. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    The ones I put up from my list were based both on successful transaction and, in the cases where I have needed it, customer service. I am leaving the prices up to the individual. For example, I put Brian's Toys in since I have had good luck with every order I have placed with them. Yes, they have silly prices on some stuff, but in the end it comes down to how much you want the item. Ebay is on the list as well but there it is down to the individual seller whether your experience is good or bad.

17. weezer

May 16, 2001
    So where do we draw the line then?

You've had good luck with Brian's toys but there are fifty old threads mentioning how terrible they are. I've never heard one good thing about the place.

18. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I have seen a lot of complaints on this board about Brian's Toys prices, but I don't think I have seen many about their service. In the end, it's buyer beware and you have to make up your own mind. However, if you are considering ordering from an unfamiliar site, it would be nice to check here to see if anyone has at least used them before.

19. JediLuner

JediLuner Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 26, 2003
    This is a off topic question, I have been wanting to start a thread about Online resources for free wallpapers and screansavers like your faverit one's for all to post in the leave links , i have been searching for some i just wanted some help finding stuff like that and even ; applications , icons, broser window's , and all that stuff ...

TTFN!!!

20. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    If anyone has any suggestions for JL I can put them in the second post - we can make a 'Miscellaneous' section..

21. IncomT65

Jul 28, 1999
    Well, I have some cool wallpapers from the TFN Multimedia section.

Apt Irrelevance has some cool ones too. Also lots of smaller pictures.

A few years ago I found some excellent soundclips at JediNet. It seems, they haven't updated that section for a while though :(.

22. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Yes, I raided the TFN Art Museum & Multimedia for some Fett art for my PC screensaver. (Windows XP lets you set one up to cycle through a pictures folder). I also got quite a bit from Grilled-Sarlacc's website when AOTC was coming out. Unfortunately I think his site moved or shut down as it came up 'site not found' last time I looked.

23. skywalker_1982

skywalker_1982 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 25, 2004
    LAJ may I recommend another site for us here in the uk they have a shop in norwich which I have not been over to have a look yet
    http://www.toyzandgamez.com/

before they created this new site they were selling vintage figures which I dont know if they still do. I have used them a couple of times and they are very good.

24. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Thanks skywalker - I've added it in!

25. dandeschain

dandeschain Jedi Youngling

May 15, 2005
    Ya know, i placed an order with yestertoys almost two weeks ago and still havent recieved it. I even sent them an email asking if it was shipped yet and got no reply. what's up with them?