main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

London, ON ****Official Social Thread****

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Primrodo, Sep 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedidougcdn

jedidougcdn Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 31, 2008
    Yes, and I can understand that. By their very nature, virtually all organizations and clubs have a "them and us" attitude.

I still plan on following through with my intentions to pledge the Rebel Legion in March once I finish the pilot costume. And I may continue to refine the Maul costume and try my luck with the 501st too.

2. Lord_Robert

Lord_Robert Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 20, 2005
    The flyers seem to be taking off well this year. We go an e-mail to day from a UWO student who doing a Darth Maul costume for a culture event in March. Although he was just looking for info on where to get parts for his costume it's still a good sign that the flyers & web site are noticed.

3. jedidougcdn

Dec 31, 2008
    That's cool. Hopefully we'll see him out sometime.

BTW I contacted one of the guys in the 501st who does Darth Maul and he gave me some tips on the belt.

4. Lord_Robert

Sep 20, 2005
    Wow the facebook group is now up to 47 people!

5. jedidougcdn

Dec 31, 2008
    I found out today that I have been accepted into the Rebel Legion with my X-wing pilot costume. I got this email:

The Rebel Legion is happy to announce that the costume you submitted ("Jet Tharen") has been accepted as "formal". A "formal" costume is an accurate reproduction of a costume from one of the six Star wars films, Expanded Universe or Lucasfilm Licensed Media (TV, books, games, etc) as it would appear in those materials.

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v243/jedidoug/3656-A.jpg]

6. Lord_Robert

Sep 20, 2005
    Well done!
    You've done a lot of work to make that look so good.

7. Rabellaka

Rabellaka Jedi Master star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    Our basement is flooding, but only a bit. Unfortunately it's not the half that's unfinished. We know there's a crack in the foundation on that side, and we were ready for the water there, but not under the couch and carpet on the opposite side of the house. Lucky for us, the floor is uneven, so the water is staying on one side of the room, away from the electronics.

8. Lord_Robert

Sep 20, 2005
    Not that you shouldn't fix the foundation wall but a finished basement should be done with drycore.

9. Rabellaka

Nov 20, 2002
    If you had seen the shoddy work done on through the rest of the house, I think you would understand why I don't have much faith in it having been done properly the first time. Half the power outlets were reverse polarity, paint chips were fixed with poster paint, the tub was leaking into the kitchen, but that was fixed professionally before we would buy the house, and several more odd DIY fixes. By the time we move out, I think we'll have redone every room except the kitchen, which is not bad overall.

10. DarthPapa

DarthPapa Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 1, 2007
    sounds like the people who built our first house. They used regular drywall in the bathroom. We had to redo the whole thing with cementboard after the wall melted after about 3 years

11. TK42Tom

TK42Tom Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 3, 2008
    Melted? Yikes!

12. Rabellaka

Nov 20, 2002
    yeah, I can see that would be a problem. I think the bathroom was the one room that was done right here, but I think that's because a professional did it.

13. Rabellaka

Nov 20, 2002
    What a fun year, I've got pnuemonia again. At least this time I'm not as sick as I was in February.

14. Lord_Robert

Sep 20, 2005
    Hey all, the clone wars season one box set comes out Nov 03.09

15. Rabellaka

Nov 20, 2002
    Good, now I have something I can ask for at Christmas time. :)

16. Lord_Robert

Sep 20, 2005
    CLONE WARS Season 2 Trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrXX_NXjj9s&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23oH1Gie11I

17. jedidougcdn

Dec 31, 2008
    I'm now a member of the 501st Legion. IC 3909.

18. Lord_Robert

Sep 20, 2005
    congratulations

19. Lord_Robert

Sep 20, 2005
    Wow, jedidougcdn Fan Force, Rebel Legion, 501st and now the leed candidate for Rebel Legion Canadian Bace CO. All in less then one year.

20. Lord_Robert

Sep 20, 2005
    I've stsrted a group on facebook for leaders of sci-fi,fantacy,cosplayers called London Ontario fan club association in the hopes the we can unite all the fan club in our area. This should help to make events much more interesting.

21. jedidougcdn

Dec 31, 2008
    You make it sound like I'm really ambitious or something! The 501st costume was put together pretty quickly. I would like to do a better one at some time (think pilot for the Empire...). I'm also in the process of modifying my X-wing pilot helmet from a generic pilot to Biggs Darkighter's.

I don't know if I'm the lead candidate for the Canadian Base CO on the Rebel Legion - we'll see how the voting goes.

22. DarthPapa

DarthPapa Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 1, 2007
    best of luck and I wish I could vote for you!

23. Lord_Robert

Sep 20, 2005
    If you have some free time try playing these games.
    http://theclonewars.cartoonnetwork.com/games/game_01_ext.html

24. Rabellaka

Nov 20, 2002
    Well, here's another good wiring job by the previous owners of the house. We had an electrical fire in our fuse box Monday night. Lucky we were downstairs and could cut the power before anything really bad happened.

25. Lord_Robert

Sep 20, 2005
    Time to move, me thinks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.