main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

Animated Shorts Official *Tales of the Jedi* Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Apr 27, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
  2. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jedi Master Frizzy Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Fun fact Yaddle trained Oppo Rancissis, who is still around post order 66, and could be around still in the timeline. And he is at least 100 years younger then Yaddle. Hope we see him return to animation soon.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2022
  3. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    Oh, really? Cool.
    I've always liked what they did with Oppo in the Clone Wars micro series. He was just in the Council Chamber, but just his look and the animation was really cool.
    I'd enjoy a TOTJ story about him!

4. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jan 15, 2018
    He was going to have larger role then just cameo in clone wars season 6. He was to be in battle. Maybe we see one episode with Him under Yaddle. I wonder if Bad Batch will cover his story post Order 66.

cwustudent and Lulu Mars like this.
  5. Sproj

Sproj Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2019
    Out of interest, what are you trying to achieve by adding a comment like this in a thread to discuss the show?

6. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I still need to get around to watching this

rocknroll41 and cwustudent like this.
  7. KyleKartan

KyleKartan Force Ghost star 4

Feb 4, 2004
    I just had the time to watch the whole show/season. I found it perfect. The TCW animation style has really been perfected. Outstanding what LFL Animation has accomblished all by themselves...thanks to George!
    The Ahsoka Episodes were great but the Dooku Scenes were PERFECT! God damn was it good to see him turn. Really really epic, his fight against Yaddle was amazing and tragic. And the music in those episodes was just mindblowing! Kiner really outdid himself.

I hope for a second season. Maybe about Luke and his temple. So many possibilites...

8. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    I am surprised Dave Filoni didn't do a Plo Koon story.

9. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jan 15, 2018
    Thats what season 2 is for. Maybe we get how Ahsoka and Luke met in an episode soon after ROTJ.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2022
  10. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    Plo Koon was the one who brought Ahsoka to the temple. I'd expected to see that, but alas.

11. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    A Tales of the Sith counterpart, chronicling among other things Plagueis finding Palps, and Palps betraying him, would be cool IMHO.

12. KyleKartan

KyleKartan Force Ghost star 4

Feb 4, 2004
    WHAT A GREAT IDEA!!!! But IMO I'd like to have a more fleshed out show for that. More runtime, more episodes. TotJ filled gapes where we already have context and information. For the Sith show much of the stuff isnt established in canon. So the Sith part should have been more indepth. Maybe Acloyte will give us more context to work with.

13. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    That's what S2 is for.

Bonus points if Plo walks in the door with lil 'Soka and the first Jedi he runs into is Qui-Gon.

"Well look what the cat dragged in." (Imagine that in Neeson's accent.)
    *He looks closely at Ahsoka*
    "I forsee great things in this child's future, the Living Force flows strongly around her."

14. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Hmmm...if they do tales of the sith, I wonder if they might expand the tales of series further, like Tales of the Bounty Hunters or Tales of *insert period here* or *insert place here*.

15. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    Tales of the Unexpected.

16. Cos Palpatine

Cos Palpatine Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 5, 2022
    There were a few books like that in the old EU from the mid 90's edited by Kevin J. Anderson. In fact, one of them was titled "Tales of the Bounty Hunters," about the bounty hunters sent by Vader after Solo and company in ESB. The other two were "Tales from Mos Eisley Cantina" (the first one published) and "Tales from Jabba's Palace." I remember reading and enjoying them and think they would translate well to animated adaptions. Or rather than a straight adaption use the concept as inspiration and a bases for more animated anthology tales of great variety. There's a potential gold mine of content in that idea I think.

MercenaryAce, cwustudent and AusStig like this.
  17. rocknroll41

rocknroll41 Jedi Master star 4

May 28, 2013
    Those sound cool! I think Star Wars lends itself better to more of an anthology structure all around anyways.

18. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    Great and Mighty Filoni, please send us a second season with more Dooku (and Yoda, Sifo-Dyas, Jango, Talzin, Ventress, and the Separatists). Please and thank You. Amen.

19. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    I remember those, they were part of my inspiration for the idea, with the other part being the more recent Path of the Jedi/Sith/Smuggler's Guide/Bounty Hunter's Handbook etc series. But yeah, overall anthologies are great and I would love to get more.

Cos Palpatine and rocknroll41 like this.
  20. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    I'd sure like to see more on this really. The first six were very good. I hope they have more for next year but now with Iger things are not going to be too fast per say. So I just hope we get good content.

rocknroll41 likes this.
  21. Was the Dooku and Qui Gon Episode set during the High Republic Era or the High Republic Era is not more anymore? i am sure Palpatine was Plagueis Apprentice during that time Palpatine is also supposed to be Younger than Dooku but he already has White Hair during 32 BBY and Dooku has Black Hair in the last Dooku Episode

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2023
  22. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jan 15, 2018
    just 20 years before TPM so no high republic.

rocknroll41 likes this.
  23. rocknroll41

rocknroll41 Jedi Master star 4

May 28, 2013
    The high republic era is considered to have ended 50-100 years before tpm, so totj does not touch that era.

24. So maybe Darth Plagueis was the Sith Master during the Dooku and Qui Gon Episode i am very sure he was

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2023
  25. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jan 15, 2018
    During that time yes, Dooku is 30+ years younger, and Palpatine would be a young apprentice at the time.