main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Bad Batch Official "The Bad Batch" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Sable_Hart, Jul 13, 2020.

1. Sable_Hart

Sable_Hart Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2009
    [​IMG]
    Did anyone know about this?

Outsourced, BRE, whostheBossk and 4 others like this.
  2. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I think it was literally announced on the hour, so no one knew about this, other than vague "TCW followup" rumors.

I guess they're still working on the article for TOS, though, right now it just errors out when you click the link.

Collider and a few other trades seem to have the most info atm, lol.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2020
  3. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    It was rumored. i guess its official now.

4. boomx2sjk

boomx2sjk Jedi Master star 2

Nov 9, 2012
  5. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Oh I glossed over it in other press releases, but it's actually POST-TCW. "Daring mercenary missions"? They're basically the A-Team!

6. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    I'm guessing this would have been part of the announcements at Celebration, but very cool. The fact that we're following these characters post-Order 66 is going to be fascinating. And yes, I'm sure we'll get some cameos from other characters here and there.

7. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Can we somehow hope for the TCW Kashyyyk arc to be a part of this, pretty please? :p

8. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    WE'RE POPPIN OUT A DRINK TONIGHT! TCW Spin-off baby!!!

9. JediMasterMark15

JediMasterMark15 Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 23, 2020
    Very cool! The Clone Wars continue! It will be interesting what the arcs will be about, and if any other prominent characters will be featured. I’m more interested in what their roles were with Order 66, and if the series will have a timeline parallel to the Siege of Mandalore Arc.

10. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    Please please please make the Kashyyyk arc! This is too perfect of an opportunity not to. It would be the perfect introduction story to re-establish the characters, and then follow it up with Order 66.

11. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
  12. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
  13. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    yeah it's been rumored for like 3 weeks now that there was going to be a Bad Batch tv show.

I really liked the Bad Batch they are a fun group. And Echo the last of the Domino Squad.
    are we finally going to see what happens to Cody?

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  14. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Post Clone Wars finale so should be more interesting than if just more Clone Wars era. So basically they become mercs like Metal Gear Solid and the main guy looks like Solid Snake anyway. It'll be cool to see the clones deal with Order 66 aftermath, cuz they probably killed the hell out of their Jedi. And then the clones were decommissioned like within a year. So mucho trauma, maybe.
    Unless they make it so Bad Batch didn't kill their Jedi, be kinda difficult for heroes of an animated all ages series to be Jedi murderers as well.

Also Imperial unemployment benefits for Clones are probably really terrible. Economic intrigue! Unemployment lines on 1313!

Also yah I would expect this to be a way to finish some still unfinished Clone Wars arcs just slightly adapted differently for the time period.

Also hella Maul and Crimson Dawn!

BRE, cwustudent and Force Smuggler like this.
  15. DarthKreVass

DarthKreVass Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 27, 2008
    I hope they continue to improve and use TCW animation design. The last season of TCW looked amazing for TV animation.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  16. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    I have my doubts the animation will be as good as the last clone wars. i think that was just a special occasion for the last Clone wars episodes. Disney will probably want to refine the budget abit for this show.

Outsourced, Luna2112 and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  17. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Also female show runner...I think the first female show runner on a animated project.

18. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Anyway Resistance writer is the head writer on here. Maybe Filoni is headlining the Rebels sequel show and LFL animation has two teams working on separate projects, this is where the Resistance crew ended up on and Clone Wars crew on something else. Total speciation though.

19. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    Do we even know whether the rebels sequel will be animated? My theory is that the rebels sequel will be live-action.

I don't see a rebels sequel animated and a live-action ahsoka related series being produced at the same time.

But then Dave Filoni is working on Mando too.

20. Meeko Ghintee

Meeko Ghintee Jedi Master star 3

Mar 6, 2015
    While the concept of clones after the clone wars sounds cool...I did not like the Bad Batch. Each member was some kind of cringe cliche ramped up to an annoying level. Every time the heavy spoke I wanted to turn the show off. Hopefully the post war era will mellow out their eccentricities cause I certainly couldn’t do a whole show of them.

21. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Bit underwhelmed by this, TBH. Didn't like the Bad Batch arc.

22. Darthur C. Clarke

Darthur C. Clarke Jedi Master star 3

Jul 8, 2016
    Great news!! There are so many possibilities!!

23. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    Excited this is a possibility!

cwustudent and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  24. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    A lot of cool possibilities with this show. It would be nice to see them wrap up some of the loose ends like Maul. Show how he got trapped on Malachor. I’m excited for the show!

25. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    I’m hard pressed to think of a concept that I could be less excited about, but perhaps with time and attention Filoni and company could make this crew and their adventures interesting. Still unconvinced, but open-minded about it. Particularly if it feeds into interesting stories about the volatile transition from Republic to Empire.