main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Bad Batch Official "The Bad Batch" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Sable_Hart, Jul 13, 2020.

1. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Cause Boba has the accent and all the clones are supposed to have the accent. The reason they don’t is because Dee Bradley baker can’t do a good Kiwi accent. I will admit her accent is the strongest out of any character with a Kiwi accent but it is canonical that every clone has a kiwi accent. Although Morrison’s isn’t as pronounced.

as to why clones have the same accent as Jango? Beats me. Maybe George thought genetics controlled accent lol.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2023
    cwustudent likes this.
  2. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    In the prequels, all the clones - based on Kiwi Boba - had Kiwi accents.

3. Sproj

Sproj Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2019
    Hers is significantly more pronounced and significantly more annoying.

4. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Tem has a pretty thick Kiwi accent, I think.

5. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I find her accent adorable.

Swashbucklingjedi and cwustudent like this.
  6. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    I’m struggling with this season. Only been able to finish 4 episodes so far. Hoping for a pick up soon.

7. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    It’s a lot of episodes with character building. It will pay off. At least it did for me.

cwustudent and Bor Mullet like this.
  8. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    It gets better. Though it gets worse here and there. Though better eventually. Much better.

9. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Here is a list of all the episodes I think are key.

Episodes 7, 8, 9(this one some may consider filler, but it really incapsulates the character development of the season), 11,12, 13 (Again some may consider this filler, but I think its important setting up what is lost in the following episodes), 14, 15, 16

However I would recommend watching all of them as there are important moments for character development and honesty you'll only be skipping three episodes so its only an hour and a bit.

cwustudent likes this.
  10. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    Ughhhhh judging by my ears bleeding I believe this gal on ep 5 is voiced by Wanda Sykes. I don’t know how much of that I can take so hopefully it ain’t much at all.

Sarge likes this.
  11. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I think she appears in 1 other episode I do. Believe. At least majorly. Yea. One episode and then 1 scene in one of the final episodes.

JEDI-SOLO likes this.
  12. Force Nexus

Force Nexus Jedi Master star 3

Jun 22, 2022
    It was a completely inconsequential episode and the worst one in the season, IMO. Should have skipped it.
    Essential and good-great episodes of season 2 are: 3, 7, 8, 11, 12, 14, 15, 16
    Okay episodes: 1, 2, 6, 9

13. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    It was so damn boring.

I quite enjoyed S1 but this has been utter drivel.

14. Force Nexus

Force Nexus Jedi Master star 3

Jun 22, 2022
    Yeah, there are quite a few momentum killers in this season. Season 1 was more consistently okay and "even." But this season has very good highs, the best in the entire series. It's just that they are spread far apart from one another. Episode 3, and then 7 & 8, and then 11 & 12 with 13 being another momentum killer "calm before the storm" episode. Then it's consistently great 14, 15, 16 finale run.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2023
  15. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I think 13 is important though. Your losing context if you don’t watch it. 13 gives the hero’s hope.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  16. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    If you get through the low points (which are indeed lower than in S1), you’ll be rewarded, as the high points are much higher than those in S2. Ultimately rendering this season the better of the two, IMO.

17. Sproj

Sproj Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2019
    If you want to just get the good stuff, cut out the Cid-related ones and you'll be fine. Anything Cid was pretty boring both seasons.

18. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    In the end S2 surpassed S1. Thanks to some stellar episodes.

cwustudent likes this.
  19. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I think the guide I gave above is good. I even pointed out some more episodes you could cut even if I don't consider them filler whatsoever.

20. Lomer2012

Lomer2012 Jedi Master star 2

Dec 23, 2016
    It seems that the series has some high-profile fans:

Last edited: Apr 24, 2023
  21. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Well, there’s that.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2023
  22. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    The good news is Bad Batch has had far more successful launches than most of his endeavors so hopefully he will do the right thing and just stay home and watch cartoons.

Slater, Seerow and Bor Mullet like this.
  23. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    sure is something

24. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Having just finished my watch through this weekend, I liked S2, but not as much as S1. Though, Ep12 The Outpost might be the best episode of the series. It's at least in the top 3. Overall, I love the series, and am sad it's only getting one more season. But, at least they actually seem to be building to an ending.

whostheBossk, cwustudent and Sproj like this.
  25. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I had to go looking for this thread. But anyway with Sony taking over production of Disney’s physical media I do wish for two things and I can be happy.

complete box set season 1-7 of TCW
    Complete box set of TBB.

although I would much rather the former than the latter.

jedi_master_ousley likes this.