main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Bad Batch Official "The Bad Batch" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Sable_Hart, Jul 13, 2020.

1. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    We never have a year of birth for Omega just that she is younger than Boba. So 13 or 14 yes.

2. Ody_Mandrell

Ody_Mandrell Jedi Grand Master star 2

Dec 28, 2003
    Preview from the upcoming episode.

3. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Feels like the first monsters in a while that isn't blaster proof. (well, the ice wyrm was clearly hurt when a blaster hit its mouth but still seemed too thick and armored for handheld blasters)

In any case, very nice water effects and underwater shots.

And lol at the rocket rudder - that is so star wars.

cwustudent likes this.
  4. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    One of the reviews from episodes 1-8 said this was a more traditional filler episode so I am not that shocked

5. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Yeah, I remember that too.

Wonder what the main excuse is going to be though. Pabu hasn't be taken over yet, and it doesn't look like the kind of place the Bad Batch desperately need money to live in, but it does seem a more underworld focused episode than one about the big struggle with the empire.

Maybe something to do with the Durands - or the fact they crossed the Pykes?

Or I suppose they could just be looking for more intel on the Tantis base and someone in the underworld has it, and they are either trying to get to them or do a favor for them.

whostheBossk and cwustudent like this.
  6. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    This show is just a big teaser.

TimeToAbandonShip likes this.
  7. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    You get a spinoff show and you get a spinoff show and you get a spinoff show.

hey I’d take the Omega or Ventress spinoff show.

also I was just thinking about this. Why TCW and Rebels has so much more discussion than Resistance or The Bad Batch. Well I figured it out and it isn’t something hard to figure out. I am surprised this didn’t hit me sooner.

the reason this thread has like 62 pages versus Rebels and TCW’s combined 2,500 is probably mostly to do with the fact that when they were airing TCW and rebels were the only show. Now I am not saying anything based on anyones opinion has anything to do with the fact that TCW and rebels received much more airtime in terms of discussion. It’s just something I am slightly nostalgic for.

there definitely has been some Star Wars burnout. Look toward many of the Mando, Book of Boba and Kenobi episode threads. Each of which could easily top 1,000 posts per thread. But now episode threads will be lucky to top 15 pages. And not the 40 of a few years ago. Now this may in part be because of Covid, but I don’t think that explains most of it. It’s just something I noticed when looking back at old threads. Basically all I am saying is I kinda wish they would slow down a bit. Not even so the discussion can be focused on one show at a time like it used to. But I don’t think we need 3 live action shows in the same year.

Really this is just a very convoluted back in my day post about how Star Wars had better discussions when they only had one show at a time.

however a giant ****ing wrench is thrown into this as Resistance had all of it’s first season to itself and I do not think that thread broke 50 pages.

anyway my pseudo analysis is over and I think I defeated my own point lol.

clone commander bossk likes this.
  8. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    TCW and Rebels are bigger deals plotwise. The events depicted there involve more influential people and are more significant to galactic history. Milestone events that also put Jedi characters front and center. They're bound to attract a lot of attention.
    TBB and Resistance are not insignificant, but they're smaller affairs.

Last edited: May 10, 2024
    Darth MikeSin likes this.
  9. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    lol for some reason YouTube is recommending me a bunch of videos about the bad batch that have between 5-200 views.

I saw a video about how Omega is woke and DEI (Diversity equity and inclusion)

and man I don’t post it here as they had like 200 views, but it just made me laugh. Why complain about this now? She’s been a character for 3 years. God. Internet discourse sucks ass. There were a few of the low viewed videos that I very much enjoyed. There was one which was a review of the episode the crossing and basically talking about it from the lense of what it meant for the autism community which was a cool listen. I’ll see if I can find it.

ah found it it’s a vertical video which is annoying, but it was still worth the listen regardless.

you can tell how much they loved the episode.

clone commander bossk and Wolf43 like this.
  10. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Force Ghost star 8

Jun 14, 2002
    Imagine how it was in the individual movie forums for AOTC and ROTS when we only had one movie every 3 years... and other places like Reddit and Facebook and Twitter etc. etc. didn't exist for people to post about it...

11. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Yes I think that also hurt it. I have said it before that if Facebook and Twitter could die I think the world would be a much better place. Just in general. Reddit as well. Although it’s not nearly as bad.

although I will laugh at this on the odd chance, the Jedi Council forums gets mentioned on Reddit or Tumblr, which are the only two other places I’m on I always laugh because people come out of the woodwork to be like I was there in 1999 or 2002. and then in the same breath, complain about not being like it was in the old days but then again that’s just nostalgia.

This whole post is nostalgia.

jedi_master_ousley likes this.
  12. jedi_master_ousley

Jun 14, 2002
    I still use Facebook mostly because it's the easiest way to share photos etc. with family who are out of state all at once without having to text everyone individually and be obnoxious. But I also follow a lot of pages for things I'm interested in, and wow the comment sections on the simplest Star Wars posts are a cesspool of stupidity. I've said before, it's one thing if you don't like something (and I don't really care the reason) but it's not even based on actual things from the shows/movies, half of it is people just believing every made up AI trailer or "fan theory" as real. Of course stupid sites like ScreenRant or whoever don't help, who just make up AI articles with "Star Wars reveals ____" and it is just a bunch of total gibberish. I mean comment sections on almost any subject are cesspools I guess. But I have started to wonder how many are just bots or comment farms at this point. There's random pages I've never seen before showing up in "recommended for you" that are just the same basher comments almost verbatim in comments.

I do miss when these boards were hoppin' - I think the major slow down by the time Episode III had been out a while and there didn't seem to be much coming in the future and my general apathy towards newest of the EU around that time is one of the reasons I kind of slowly disappeared (in addition to starting college and more job hours meaning not really much time to post). I do kind of regret not coming back around for the sequels because I can imagine what a beautiful disaster things were around that time. Better late than never I suppose.

13. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    People my age don’t even use Facebook that much. I use LinkedIn more although that may be because I was a business major. I just prefer texting people or calling them. Although I do lose touch with people this way. But sometimes you just loose touch.

14. Grizzlor

Grizzlor Jedi Master star 1

Mar 14, 2015
    I finished Bad Batch's final season a few weeks back. This show was always fine, although the story seemed to get lost for quite awhile. Season three had no such problems, and I felt like the writing was very good and to the point. Sad to see it go, heck, sad to see Filoni's entire animation house go.

15. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Filoni’s entire animation house is gone?

clone commander bossk and Sarge like this.
  16. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jedi Master Frizzy Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    He blew his house i see [face_blush]

17. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Ding dong, the witch is dead!

Riv_Shiel and Bor Mullet like this.
  18. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
  19. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    How come this thread hasn't jumped forums?

20. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Don’t remind the mods

21. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Hey mods, don't forget to shift this thread!

22. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
  23. jedi_master_ousley

Jun 14, 2002
    Noticed something while playing around on Lego Star Wars. :p

(It ends up being because there's a little side quest thing for Obi-Wan to move some keys around with the Force but still thought it was funny considering the direction Bad Batch ended up going)

[​IMG]

Happy Sando and Lomer2012 like this.
  24. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Also it's weird they did not just say Nala Se