main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mini Series Official "The Book of Boba Fett" Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Fredrik Vallestrand, Nov 5, 2020.

1. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018

Deadline is claiming that a Boba Fett miniseries is set to begin shooting this week before Season 3 of The Mandalorian. This could be similar to Kenobi, it is meant to be a mini seires about Boba Fett. It could be about just right after he escaped the sarlac monster and how he deals with his life after such trauma. Thoughts on this.

whostheBossk and black_saber like this.
  2. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    All for it. Like things like that this just sort of come out of nowhere over three years of hyping up Kenobi with no production at all.

I think one consequence of the pandemic is that no one is gonna believe in release dates and production dates anymore and we get stuff dropping at relatively short notice, hype periods are dead

Crod1992, SlashMan and The Chalk Jedi like this.
  3. Boba Fett.

Boba Fett. Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 14, 2020
    "I hear possibly"

I don't really like this type of source

4. Master Cado Afu

Master Cado Afu Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 1, 2020
    It would make the most sense to me.

They seemingly want to tell Boba Fett's story. Why waste that in The Mandalorian when you can spin it off. Also, Disney+ will always need content.

5. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    A miniseries about Boba Wan, living alone on Tatooine, recovering from the events of the films, while wearing raggedy brown robes is a plot I have not heard in a long time.
    A long time.

Tan-Wessel likes this.
  6. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    I'll believe it when I see an official confirmation.

7. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    This would make much more sense than an entire TV Show dedicated to the character.

In fact, I like this approach. The classic characters receive mini-series to complete their stories and the new ones get the spot light.

Also great news that the rumored spin-off for Cara Dune and Bo Katan seems to be off the table. That show never made any sense to me.

Master Cado Afu likes this.
  8. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    I don't buy it.

9. Qui-Riv-Brid

Qui-Riv-Brid Force Ghost star 5

Apr 18, 2013
    The type of source that has usually been correct over and over again?

As above all that is final confirmation of what was 99.99% certain anyway. It's like waiting for final confirmation on a Kenobi project. We were 99.99999999% certain it was going to happen.

They've been flailing about with a Boba Fett project for years now. The chances they are not going to do something eventually at this point is negligible.

Is it possible? Sure. Is it at all likely? Only remotely.

From the very start of Mandalorian talk from the start it was "Ok so when is Boba going to show up and when does he get a series?"

Last edited: Nov 6, 2020
    Bor Mullet and Crod1992 like this.
  10. Force620

Force620 Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 5, 2018
    Who’s to say that the idea for The Mando series didn’t come from the Boba film being canceled? Then once the Mando series is official the next logical question is ‘when is Boba going to show up or get his own series.?’ The look of the two armors is basically the same and synonymous with Boba Fett to casual OT fans.Rumors like this pretty much can start themselves with no basis in fact.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

11. FrogEater315

FrogEater315 Jedi Youngling

Nov 6, 2020
    Could James Mangold direct this series before Indiana Jones 5?

12. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    I just find it hard to believe that Lucasfilm have kept a Boba fett project on the quiet enough that it would be filming next week.

13. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    It has been rumored for over year.

14. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    But we have known about the Obi Wan and Cassian projects for a while now. but they have kept this boba fett stuff quite enough to have written it, have a director or directors and production team. thats alot to keep quiet. and that certainly would be impressive if they managed it in todays world.

15. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Well lets wait a week and two and see leaked photos.

16. FrogEater315

Nov 6, 2020
    Well, remember, it’s been rumored going back to the start of the year, so, considering LFL’s overbearing approach to secrecy, the BF series along with the Ahsoka series could be true. We’ll just have to wait until next Thursday’s Q4 2020 Disney earnings call or the December 10th Disney Investor Day to find out if it’s true or not.

17. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    Its not often that a show can be at filming stages without something getting out. mostly because usually alot of people work on this stuff and word from at least someone gets out.

18. FrogEater315

Nov 6, 2020
    Well, word got out to Latino Review.

19. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    Well we will see. id be amazed if Lucasfilm were planning on filming this show on the quiet. let alone why they wouldn't announce this show was being made and who was show running it.

20. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    LFL might have gotten better at keeping secrets.

21. FrogEater315

Nov 6, 2020
    Except for addressing the leaks regarding the casting for Season 2 of The Mandalorian.

22. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Well with covid and this series being similar to Mnado might help with that.

23. Master Cado Afu

Master Cado Afu Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 1, 2020
    Since Deadline is reporting it that gives it a certain level of legitimacy. Maybe not Variety-level, but good enough. Basically if any Hollywood trade is saying something though it has a good chance of happening. If someone on Twitter or Reddit is saying it, then yeah, I'll believe it when I see it.

And yeah, a Boba Fett show would most likely be largely set on Tatooine, so any pre-production work wouldn't stick out that much. Whatever was going on could easily have been viewed as something for The Mandalorian or the Obi-Wan series, and not necessarily something for a new show.

And if it's a mini-series, it can easily be looked at as episodes 9, 10 and 11 and maybe 12 of this season's The Mandalorian and not that big of a deal. And Jon Favreau showrunning.

I guess more to the point, assuming Ashoka appears this season (and I assume that's almost a 100% certainty at this point), if a week after her appearance someone like The Hollywood Reporter said that they had sources that said an Ashoka series would start shooting in January I would believe that it's a very good chance that that's happening.

Funny, if they have it a little bit wrong and this is a Timothy Olyphant mini-series that would be so cruel.

No, but secrecy has been extremely good. Everyone assumed Boba Fett was going to appear this year, no one had the appearance at the end of the first episode though. And no one has anything on if he's going to appear the rest of this season, you just have those that just assume that he will. And that appearance could very well be in a Boba Fett mini-series.

(I've spent entirely too much time thinking about this, methinks.) :)

24. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    I don't think you can have too many shows set on tatooine.

25. DurararaFTW

DurararaFTW Jedi Master star 4

Jul 5, 2014
    Well, the leak was Morrison's CV said that he worked on the Mandalorian under several directors. Thinking he appears in more episodes is not based on nothing. But Rex might still show up with Ahsoka I suppose.