main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Sure. I actually think the Cassian show might give us a lot of 1313-esque elements, with spies, mercenaries and double-agents operating in and out of the shadows of major urban areas, like Coruscant, the Ring of Kafrene, etc.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2019
  2. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I just saw confirmed today (and this thread) that 4 eps will the bad Batch arc (which had people guessing from the announcement trailer years ago that had the clips). It'll be interesting to see it finished and I only watched it once. Is that the one or Utapau where Anakin throws the droid into the gears and goes "Ooops! I broke it!" cuz that was great.

3. Reepicheep775

Reepicheep775 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 27, 2019
    Where did you see that?

4. DarkRula

DarkRula Jedi Master star 3

Feb 3, 2015
    That would be wind turbines on Utapau during the Crystal Crisis arc. I found the arc out earlier and was watching it, then when that part happened, I remembered it had been mentioned here.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  5. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Posts earlier in here and wookiepedia citations quoting the Clone Wars panel although I have not seen an official Star Wars dot com post saying that Bad Batch is part of it.

6. Reepicheep775

Reepicheep775 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 27, 2019
    We know from the trailer that the Bad Batch arc will be part of the episodes we're getting. I'm more wondering if it is has been confirmed that four of the twelve episodes will be the Bad Batch arc. The list of episodes on Wookieepedia seems like an educated guess to me based on the fact that we know the original plan was to have the arc be four episodes long.They might have condensed it or put them all in one long episode though.

7. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    While some eps may be the 22 minutes from what I can assume Siege of Manaldore was just at script stage when it was cancelled so I get the feeling those final episodes could be longer since they started those from basically scratch

Last edited: Sep 1, 2019
  8. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    The panel has Filoni saying they are producing the Bad Batch arc, showing a near finished clip from that arc, and saying it will be the closest of the arcs to the original scripts & production. They posted this whole panel with all the content to the official Starwars YouTube so it’s safe to say it’s official.

9. smudger9

smudger9 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2007
    And I’m sure that script will have been changed to align with the Mandalorian elements from Rebels.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  10. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Kinda sounds like Bad Batch was made from the animatic from the original run and the last 8 are from basically scratch cuz all they had for the final season was in script stage when they got cancelled

Ironically Disney cancelled them because it was too expensive then Disney needed streaming content so they uncancelled them

Last edited: Sep 2, 2019
    TadoFett and Blackhole E Snoke like this.
  11. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    One can only imagine how much more expensive it has been to finish The Clone Wars in this way.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  12. TetsuAero

TetsuAero Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 24, 2008
    Actually, Ahsoka's Walkabout seems to be mostly the same from the clips of the story reels that have been released. Except of course of the obvious addition of the sisters etc.

But the Siege of Mandalore is from scratch-

TadoFett likes this.
  13. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    You may be right about Ahsoka's Underworld arc, but we don't know for sure. There could be more changes or additions beyond the sisters, i guess we know less about the original conception since we only ever saw one clip and some concept art. Maybe we'll get to see some of the original story reels when they release it?

14. TheCloneWarsForever

TheCloneWarsForever Force Ghost star 7

Apr 24, 2018
    The original Celebrations talk suggested there was a teen romance angle to the Walkabout story - I suspect they eliminated that angle. I actually hope so as with all the possibilities that could be explored in the aftermath of the Fugitive arc, a second romance story for Ahsoka would be about #50000 on my wish list, especially with only four episodes to spend on it.

15. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    The most ambitious is the Maul and Mandaloran arc, this was stated by Filoni even. Maul and Palpatine dominated celebration with their reveals. However I am curious if Dooku makes an appearance on some of these final episodes as it may be the last we see of him in such a form.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  16. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    I suppose it's possible we'll see a conference between Dooku, Grevious and Sidious to execute their invasion of Coruscant as Anakin and Obi Wan leave for Mandalore. The only problem is Genndy's series already depicted such a meeting and TPTB don't like retreading over stuff. They take here and there, but they don't outright remake it.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2019
  17. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    I hope I never have to see Grievous again.

18. DarkRula

Feb 3, 2015
    The days just before the Coruscant Invasion have barely been explored in canon, and I'm pretty sure they'd want to rewrite it. Especially as more than half of Labyrinth of Evil can no longer be brought into the canon. Seige of Mandalore will hopefully be the start of exploring that time period.

19. Darth Wookiee

Darth Wookiee Jedi Master star 3

Nov 29, 2013
    I’m pretty sure they’re not doing any Battle of Coruscant. It would of been in one of the trailers by now.

TetsuAero and cwustudent like this.
  20. TheCloneWarsForever

TheCloneWarsForever Force Ghost star 7

Apr 24, 2018
    BoC's only storytelling purpose (sweeping Dooku off the stage) was already executed in full on ROTS. If LF wants to regurgitate it, I'm sure someone will write a book or comic. It won't be TCW's focus.

TetsuAero likes this.
  21. DarkRula

Feb 3, 2015
    I didn't mean in The Clone Wars or Seige of Mandalore specifically. I just meant now we're getting that arc in full, authors or other official media creators would probably want to put a canon version of events that tell the events of that period.

22. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    I've thought about them having a brief sequence on Coruscant seeing what's going on with main characters such as Yoda, Padme, Palpatine/Sidious, Dooku, and Grievous during the time of the final episodes of the series. I say this mainly because those characters will likely not feature in any of the final season episodes considering the stories are about other characters, and are set on other locales. And if this is to be the true finale to the series that Filoni promised, I would think these characters that were so critical to the series should at least make an appearance. It seems like low hanging fruit to make this appearance be the invasion of Coruscant since it will be happening at the time of Siege of Mandalore. They could have a brief sequence from that event at beginning of one of the episodes which will lead to Anakin & Obi-Wan going off to Coruscant, and leaving Ahsoka to deal with Mandalore. Then it can simply keep the focus on Mandalore during the remainder of the arc, but perhaps show some of the characters learning about what happened on Coruscant during the course of the finale.

Also something I mused about, what if we see Padme having that long foretold meeting with Tikkes regarding brokering a peace treaty with the separatists and dealing with the growing problem she sees with Palpatine's control and military build up? Perhaps that will be happening on Coruscant when the invasion begins?

Last edited: Sep 5, 2019
  23. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Roron Corobb's entry in Star Wars: Lightsabers has some of that battle and events canonized from the old cartoon micro-series.

24. Vizzy91

Vizzy91 Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 12, 2018
    Am I the only one that really glad the Ahsoka underworld arc is in the upcoming season?

Watto and Ahsoka's Tano like this.
  25. Jedi Master Chuck

Jedi Master Chuck Jedi Master star 2

Mar 19, 2013
    I'd be very happy if that ends up being the case. The more Clone Wars, the better.