main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian Official "The Mandalorian" Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Corran1138, Nov 9, 2017.

1. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    How much canon is there to rewrite at the time of Anakin’s birth? That said, Favreau has stated openly that he’s bringing in lots of stuff from the EU. So that should be interesting.

Hopeless likes this.
  2. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    So, even if the 50 year old Bounty has a grandchild..... neither of them tie up with any'important' characters in the GFFA. Would like to think that the child was Boba's, thus the last remaining Fett, but even with a nine-month gestation period I don't think a four year old counts as a baby.

"This story takes place after the events of Return of the Jedi and tracks the experiences of a man from the same warrior tribe as notorious bounty hunter, who was last seen plunging into the hungry jaws of the Sarlacc pit on Tatooine."

Last edited: May 4, 2019
  3. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    https://www.apnews.com/9cfe9a0f95984ad4b11faf411ebd4132
    Herzog told The Associated Press that he’ll likely appear in two or three episodes of Jon Favreau’s series as “a character in whom you cannot trust.” The series, starring Pedro Pascal, Gina Carano and Carl Weathers, is set to premiere in November with the launch of the new Disney Plus streaming service.

4. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    That’s a great sign. Herzog is not one to speak PR pablum. If he says he was impressed, he was impressed.

TadoFett likes this.
  5. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    I know some fans around here get their noses out of joint when we/the actors/the film makers go on about real locations and practical effects over cgi...but I don't care. The more I hear it the more likely I am to connect with it. :cool: Surely it helps the actors as well... ? I'll never forget the comments Terrance Stamp made about filming TPM and how disappointing he was.

I must admit, I was surprised WH has not seen a SW film :eek: but then again there are several franchises people love that I have never gone near...and still wouldn't no matter how well they are received [face_dunno]

cwustudent and Bor Mullet like this.
  6. AzureOwl

AzureOwl Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 27, 2015
    I think that's where the beskar the Imperials are offering to pay him with comes in.

7. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Agreed. Though Herzog was also talking about an expansion of the tech first used on Rogue One which displays environments on screens on set, rather than relying on green screens only. While there’s a practical element to that, it’ll still very much an evolution of VFX and CGI as well. Best of the practical and CG worlds, really.

El_Machete12 likes this.
  8. Verbal21

Verbal21 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 5, 2011
    I’m curious as to what those EU things can be and if he means Mandalorian culture in general or Fett, specifically.

Speaking of Fett, is there even anything good in the EU besides Fett training Solo’s daughter? Everything else I remember post-Sarlacc are things I don’t really care about. It seemed like all of the good Fett stories happened pre-ROTJ.

Imagine this guy’s name ends up being Jodo Kast?[face_laugh]

Hopeless likes this.
  9. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    http://www.theforce.net/story/front/This_Fan_Made_Mandalorian_Poster_Makes_The_Wait_Worse_183998.asp

Not the actual source, but the TFN article has links to all the artist's (Darren Tibbles) social media pages, which has more of his art and a variant with the colors of Boba Fett's armor from the Holiday Special. Favreau saw it yesterday and shared it on his Instagram, which is really cool.

TadoFett and Bor Mullet like this.
  10. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Ew, that's, like, the worst story about Fett.

The best Fett stories lay in the comics- the Blood Ties series is great, as is Blood, Lies, and Treachery. There's also his entry in Tales of the Bounty Hunters, considered by myself and others the best Fett story out there.

Django Fett likes this.
  11. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    It certainly is, it gets inside Boba's head, explores his unique morality and still manages to keep an element of mystery.

12. Vorax

Vorax Force Ghost star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    The helmet with the reinforced center looks like Cho'pa Notimo's from TFU, who also used that prong staff weapon from the Holiday Special. Seems some of the 1313 concept Fett art worked its way into the look of the main character as well.

TadoFett likes this.
  13. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    What I want to know is; what is Lucasfilm's long term commitment to The Mandalorian? Is it just going to be an 8 Episode Mini-Series one off? Or are they planning for a long run, multi Season format, if successful? I thought I had read at one point that Mandalore, and it's ruling Houses, would be involved in the storyline somehow. Even though I would like most of the Live Action Star Wars TV shows to be in the Mini-Series format, to allow for a larger variety of Characters/planets, I would like The Mandalorian to go multiple Seasons; to allow for a larger Mandalore Arc.

I wish Disney/Lucasfilm would be more open about their upcoming projects. What's the secret?

Last edited: May 7, 2019
  14. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    Maybe they are just waiting to see how it goes first...?

Last edited: May 7, 2019
  15. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Lucasfilm has already ordered a season 2 of the Mandalorian, so there's part of your answer.

Baron_Papanerd likes this.
  16. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    I hope to get another series named:
    The Midichlorian

17. Aximili86

Aximili86 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 28, 2018
    Have we heard anything else about this armorer yet? It'd be pretty ridiculously awesome if the casting is someone iconic in that same mold as Weather.

Overall it's just so cool seeing Lucasfilm getting back into live-action TV. Man, I really need to track down a copy of Young Indy, used to love it but it's been forever since seeing it. Sure it's probably been released on DVD sometime over the years.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  18. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014

Really? Cool! I guess I should have done some research. Though, this news seems to be coming from secondhand sources; I don't see anything Official. [face_dunno]

19. Verbal21

Verbal21 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 5, 2011
    Did anybody read the Synopsis for the new Boba Fett one-shot comic from the writer? It’s practically how Favreau described this show[face_laugh]

20. Troy_Viszla

Troy_Viszla Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 2, 2018
    I wonder why you have such a huge achievement in filming technology, and all you create with it are boring wastelands?

21. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    nm

Last edited: May 9, 2019
  22. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Chosen One star 8

Apr 27, 2014
    Love this Mando poster. It is reminiscent of the EPII AOTC poster.

Last edited: May 9, 2019
    Jaxxon- likes this.
  23. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Practical effects stand the test of time. CGI is great, but it ages fast.

24. Fjall

Fjall Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2014
    not all CGI ages fast...

25. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    True, AOTC and other films still look good. But it requires blending with practical effects and a reputable company like ILM.

What bothers me is total green screen and no practical effects.