main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Official "What's the Story?" Hyperspace Databank Feature Discussion

Discussion in 'Literature' started by clonewarseu, Jun 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clone-Commando_1198A

Clone-Commando_1198A Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 17, 2004
    Mine was 3079 I can't believe I had to cut so much out.

2. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    This could be alright, as long as they continuity check it *very well.* Too bad there won't be EU things, otherwise we could have some off-the-wall entries:

[image=http://www.rebelscum.com/toys2005/JFhansolo2.jpg]

" VL-775 'Vrelt' Airhook

One of the few vehicle designs produced by Corellian Engineering Corporation, the VL-775 is a highly maneuverable, lightweight repulsorcraft. Based upon the same airhook concept that led to the Baktoid STAPs, the CEC variation is well-known for its tight cornering and speedy acceleration. Though slower than a swoop and less durable than a speeder bike, the Vrelt (named for a similarly quick and mobile Corellian rodent) has a number of virtues that have kept it in service long after its production ended twelve years after the Battle of Naboo. Unlike more prevalent repulsorcraft, it can easily operate at high altitudes and can even work in a vacuum, which has led to its use in CEC's orbital shipyards. Side mounted microrepulsors enable it to turn on a decicred while a foreward windscreen/console displays airspeed and other pertinent information. In addition to its most common uses of observation and scouting, the VL-775 also performs well as a swift personal transport and has consequently been popular with smugglers and couriers. Farmers have also been known to employ the craft; Soontir Fel learned to fly on this type of Airhook before he raced speeders and later flew for the Empire."

Just kidding! :p

3. Mavrick889

Mavrick889 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 27, 1999
    Didn't you hear? Professor Noj Koll taught theater tech at the prestigious Trulalis Stage Company and took a young Aldaric Brandl to see "Squid Lake" that night. Aldaric Brandl disliked the opera and spent the evening in the theater bar where he had a chance encounter with Chancellor Palpatine...

4. President_Sharky

President_Sharky Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2004
    I wonder if we'll get to write the backstory for Baron Papanoida?

5. TalonCard

TalonCard •Author: Slave Pits of Lorrd •TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jan 31, 2001
    ...and his mysterious relationships to the Jukassas, the Ekways, and the Saculs... ;)

I entered a very short one, so that there was room for expansion from other entries. I wish I'd known about Knoll's cameo in TPM--would have been a great addition. Hopefully the one(s) they actually pick will have that in there. I expect Aldaric will find his way in--clearly I'm not the only one who thought to mention him. ;)

Did anyone else try to work in a continuity fix?

TC

6. That_Wascally_Droid

That_Wascally_Droid Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 29, 2001
    Oh wow! This is so cool! Thank-you LFL/Hyperspace! :)
    Me? I wrote a very basic one that tied the character to the Coruscant and Naboo events in RotS. Since I'm a strong advocant of keeping it simple, sweet, but interesting with my EU; my entry wasn't nearly as extravogant as I have a feeling a lot of yours are lol :p but yes, I had include his 'close relative' in there somewhere :p
    Look at my name! All I want is one, just one chance to write something on some droid out there. I know the chance to sneak in something personal to all of you has crossed your minds ;)

7. Tam_Elgrin

Tam_Elgrin Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2004
    >>"Did anyone else try to work in a continuity fix?"<<

A bit about adegan crytals being found on Halm in Yoda Stories, and phrik being found on Tatooine in Droidworks, but nothing major, per se.

Looking forward to next weeks already.

8. CeiranHarmony

CeiranHarmony Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 10, 2004
    will the stories they take be posted in thegeneral databank or only for hyperspace users visible? and if you contributed please post your stuff in this topic for those who are interested in it and don´t just hint at you having done something. that is annoying. thx.

9. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    They'll be available to everyone via the databank.

I'll post my full submission here next week when the next WTS is posted- I'd rather not influence other people's ideas with my own so the submissions can be as diverse as possible.

10. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    They'll be available to everyone via the databank.

Although, they won't be availible for a couple months. They say that they're going to wait until they have enough to justify a full databank update. Judging by the most recent ones, that could be anywhere from 6-18 weeks. Most likely about 12.

11. Kwenn

Kwenn Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 30, 2001
    [Vader]Noooooo![/Vader] I was hoping for weekly updates! Such minor characters would suit frequent, single updates rather than full ones.

12. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Right, but I assume they'll be taking down the ability to submit an entry for John Knoll either when the next one is posted or shortly afterwards.

So, instead of my earlier suggstion of waiting for the final uodate to be posted, since that will take too long, I think we should just post them once the next entry is posted later this week.

13. sidious618

sidious618 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 20, 2003
    Jorun Kevell becomes a powerful Moff it appears. :)

I actually did a little continuity changing, myself. I had it so that the Moff was working against Daala behind the scenes and that was why she was so weak.

14. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    ^^^

That sounds cool :)

15. RogueWompRat

RogueWompRat Jedi Youngling star 4

Feb 15, 2003
    Hyperspace exclusive, huh? @*&% you too sw.com. :)

16. sidious618

sidious618 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 20, 2003
    Thank you. :)

17. clonewarseu

clonewarseu Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 27, 2003
    I finally got around to writing mine.

The tragic story of Lahj Nolik, Professor of the arts on Mirgoshir. (I too won't post any other details until everyone has had a chance to write one of their own.)

18. Kast_Morben

Kast_Morben Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 18, 2001
    Well, I crafted a wonderful backstory for Noh L Bravo, the galaxies most famous musician, that was well under 2000 words. Great!

Then I found out it was 2000 characters - Damn!

Out goes all the great stuff I had about his career. I'll post both the short version and the longer one when the contest is announced (because I doubt there is anyway that he's going to end up in the databank!).

19. Clone-Commando_1198A

Nov 17, 2004
    Knolla Oh-jn's story will also be posted, but I seem to only have saved the first 3079 character draft.

20. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    >>Professor of the arts on Mirgoshir.<<

Points to you if we can get any elaboration on that damn battle made official ::)

21. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    i whipped up a story on Nol Jonan, technocrat.

22. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    Mine actually makes him a shapeshifting Shi'ido. I stupidly didn't save a copy so I won't be able to post the exact thing here. Let me just say that it's...different.

23. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002

So, this is your fan fic displayed in the Databank?

24. Tam_Elgrin

Tam_Elgrin Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2004
    More or less, yeah.

25. Clone-Commando_1198A

Nov 17, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.