main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Read, PA OK...New Thread

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by tat2ist77, Jan 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tat2ist77

tat2ist77 Jedi Youngling

Jan 18, 2006
    Well, since I'm new here and don't know anyone, I figured I'd start a new thread to get to know everyone. Here,s what I want to know. Tell me what part of Star Wars is your favorite. The movies, the comic books, the EU? Who's your favorite character? Why? Anything you dislike. Why do you love Star Wars so much?

Well, I guess I'll go first. I really don't know if I have a favorite part. I love all of the movies, but I lean a little toward the prequels. I know that is a little different then most fans, but I don't care. I like the fact the prequels lean heavily on the stories of the Jedis and the use of the force. That is my favorite part of Star Wars. Anything that has to do with the Force and Force users. I think the prequels and novels from that time frame use are more descriptive of the powers used by the jedi and how the force works. More specifically i dig the Sith Lords and any Dark Jedi. For some reason I am entrigued (sp) by the dark side. I guess my favorite person would have to be Dart Maul. He was short lived, but a very interesting person. I'm also a big fan of Asajj Ventress. Damn does she have some anger managemant issues. Ok, it's your turn people.

Greg

2. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Thanks for sharing, Greg! I can see our view on things are very different already, but that's cool. We're all Star Wars fans! :D So, with that said - here goes:

I'm a diehard Original Trilogy fan. That was the set of films I fell in love with as a kid and those films will always have a special place in my heart. The story and the characters just play out a whole lot better for me. And of course ESB is my favorite of the Saga and Han Solo my all time favorite character(as if you couldn't tell by my username and icon :p ). I also enjoy the Prequels to an extent - especially ROTS, but I just feel they could've been better. They tend to leave a nasty taste in my mouth but they're still good films. ;)

I also read most of the post-ROTJ EU(have to know what happens to our favorite heroes :p ). A lot of people have a thing against the EU, but I tend to like it. No complaints there. There's also a lot of Star Wars related stuff I like to do in my free time. For example, I'm a big RPer. I'm involved with at least 6 text-RPGs at the moment here on the JC and offsite. There's just something that calms your nerves when you get to play in the Star Wars universe. ;)

I'm also into costuming and I'm currently a member of the 501st Legion. I troop as a TIE Pilot but I'm saving up the money to get some TK armor. ;)

Well, as you can see, I'm the typical Star Wars dork. But I don't really care - I love it! :D

3. tat2ist77

tat2ist77 Jedi Youngling

Jan 18, 2006
    Thanks for sharing with everyone Han. I have a read a good portion of the post ROTJ EU. I like allot of it, but some of it just rubs me the wrong way. I also grew up with the origianl trilogy and I will always love them. My first love just happens to be good old Darth Vader and I can't help but loving the subject matter of the prequels a little bit more. But like you said, to each his own as long as the love is there.

4. JediSoccerDad

JediSoccerDad Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 12, 2004
    Cool Thread, Greg! =D=

Now, to the questions.... [face_thinking]

I'd have to agree with my honorable Co-CR, Steph (Steph we are definetely showing our age, lol), I am a Star Wars nerd-fanatic when it comes to Original Trilogy! :-B Although, since I did admit that the Movies are my favorite part of the 'Star Wars World', I admit that I also enjoy the Prequals & Clone Wars Animated Series (which I think were awesome & I'm hoping its the choice for the upcoming animated series).

Ok, this will tell you how bad I am..., I even have the really bad Animated "Droids" & "Ewoks" & the two Ewok Adventure Movies, lol.. [face_shhh] (Still waiting on teh Christmas Special to be released on DVD!).

After the movies, I love the novels & comics (although I collect more of the novels). I like both the stories that takes place after the movies as well as before. Actually, I think a lot of the Sith & Jedi stuff were really good & is why I though the Prequals missed out a bit.

My favorite character has always been Obi-Wan Kenobi. I think the main reason is becuase I am a big martial art/eastern philosophy buff, and Obi-Wan encompassed the 'Sage' that I hope I can become at some point. Han Solo would be a close second. Who doesn't want to be a scoundral!

Chracter I don't like.. Jar Jar, no contest! Humor should have stayed to quick one-liners and not be a ridiculous character that servered no purpose.

I also love to RPG & PBEM (Play By Email). I'm a fustrated writer by heart. (Actually, I want to suggest a PBEM specifically for the RRS at the Cybermeeting!). I belong to the 501st Cadets, so eventually I would love to finish a costume. Just got to find the time & $.

Well, I think I displayed enough of my nerdness, lol. :p

Rob

5. Pugglethelesser

Pugglethelesser Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 13, 2006
    Ok.... It's my turn to be a Star Wars geek. I grew with the original trilogy , but I actually like the prequels better . There seems to be more character development. Plus you get to see Jedi being Jedi. And Hey, who wouldn't want that? Jar Jar annoyed me but then again so did the ewoks......fuzzy little bastards, Although Empire is my favorite. I mean how much more could you increase the " Holy Sh*# " factor than " Luke I am your father" As a nine year old that just blew my mind.
    Obi-Wan is my favorite character. He has been since I was a kid.
    I never was into the RPG's . I save that for the bedroom.... Oh wait, Maybe I shouldn't have said that. Do you think that was too much?
    I do collect the figures and assorted little chatchky's<------ or however you spell that.
    The only probelm with my collection is that my children want to know why I won't let them play with it. I simply tell them, because they are my toys, Damn it!
    Well, I've babbled for long enough. Hope this tells you something about me, beside the fact that I'm sarcastic, and slightly obnoxious. Well maybe more than slightly.

Stacy

6. JediSoccerDad

JediSoccerDad Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 12, 2004
    Your lucky.. I lost half my figures to a determined 3-year old who finally found my crates, when we moved into our new home :)

I was mad, until I saw him playing with them..

::tears up & whispers, "that's my boy!"::

7. Pugglethelesser

Pugglethelesser Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 13, 2006
    Lose any? Who said I didn't lose any?......lol
    I lost 100 figures ,an AT-AT Walker, a Naboo Starfighter, Trade Fereration Droid Fighter, and the full size X-Wing. All of them either on the card or in the box. I lost them to my determined 3 and 5 year old. I was rather upset. I'm working towards forgiving them and with a few more years of intense therapy and Prozac I'm hoping to someday move on. But, in the meantime I'm holding a severe grudge. I sometimes lock them out in the rain as a reminder NEVER to play with my toys again. But, they are clever. They always seem to find a way back in the house. Oh, and by the way. If you can't figure out that I'm joking. You need your head examined.......lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.