main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Old Republic (imo can't/won't happen!)

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Kliff Veylander, Jun 18, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kliff Veylander

Kliff Veylander Jedi Youngling

Jun 16, 2018
    My original thread was merged into the RJ/W&B guys thread.
    I believe the subject deserves its own thread, relating to only OLD REPUBLIC and KOTOR films.
    --- And how I do not believe they can do it.
    `````without destroying the rich lore and stories already written.`````

I've played SW:TOR for years a while back,

I KNOW SOME OF YOU WANT TO SEE SWTOR/KOTOR on the big screen, but...

Since SWTOR is not "actual" canon, I personally DO NOT believe LF/Disney will ever use the SAME/EXACT major characters (and their stories) and unique planets set in the game.
    They will not do the same stories either.

REVAN will be changed. no doubt. so why do the character? everyone WANTS it.
    He will be different from what we know. Because TPTB cannot WONT keep these characters the same.

If they do do it, they will take major characters and write "their own" stories. The game and KOTOR games will have a rewritten history from the "official" people.
    I am aware of "Darth Bane" from TCW.
    I am aware of George changing KORRIBAN to MORABAND to not confuse with Coruscant. (I prefer Korriban) sounds more 'dark" - with good reason..

I think it would be TOTALLY RADICAL to see the major characters and factions fighting on film.
    IF IT WAS THE SAME STORIES ALREADY WRITTEN!!!!

Or they will totally disregard everything the producers/writers of those games did, and do their own thing.
    Which will mess everything all up.
    Before TFA, there were rumors of Luke finding an ancient Jedi temple was tossed around, I initially thought of TYTHON.. but no..

Besides, they can't copy everything from KOTOR/TOR and put it on film and not credit/pay the REAL writers from the games. Although That would be cool in my book.

I do like Mandalorians.
    Some stories on them would be nice.

Not a rant, I just don't see how they can do it (at the exact times of the games) and not take already established stories/settings/planets/ vehicles, and copy them for film/live action.
    They will either adapt the stuff (most likely change it)
    or make more ( and more, and more, and more" new" stuff.

I know there is a "technological Plateau" and some clothing and vehicles are very similar to the already made movies.

Just my opinion. I've lurked here for forever and this subject made me subscribe to this wonderful forum.

2. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    And it's my belief that your previous thread on the subject was merged for a reason. Locking.

[​IMG]

Please don't repost a thread that has been moderated (merged/moved/locked/deleted) without permission.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.