main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Omega (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Mar 30, 2021.

1. Ghost Ryder

Ghost Ryder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2016
    Adding to that, Omega told Echo that meditating doesn't work for her the same way it does for Gungi, suggesting a low(er) M-count.

Happy Sando likes this.
  2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Yes she probably isn’t force sensitive, but I think the plan was to make her one at some point. Her blood can transfuse with high M-count blood, but for some reason Nala Se decided against actually testing it on Omega. My best guess is she grew a conscious for this one clone

Bibliora, ShayaLothal and Wolf43 like this.
  3. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    If she can become Force sensitive can Boba, Emerie is modified like the other clones so she probably can't.

4. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Either way I can’t wait to find out

5. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Anyway the Kiner’s posted this which confirms it’s another Omega, crosshair episode

[​IMG]

Count Yubnub likes this.
  6. 2Cleva

2Cleva Chosen One star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    I've long suspected Omega is a clone of Obi-Wan, with Nala getting his DNA when he visited Kamino.

We'll see what the reveal is.

7. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Also the Kiner’s tweet is funny as hell in retrospect

MercenaryAce and Happy Sando like this.
  8. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    I think you are on the right track. I suspect something similar. Never thought about Obi Wan, but Palpatine could be a guess as well, with what we know.

2Cleva likes this.
  9. ShayaLothal

ShayaLothal Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 14, 2023
    Dumb question here, I think I am getting lost in my franchise :D
    Was it ever explained and how it is that a "pure clone" has a different sex from the original individual? I can't remember.
    The definition of clone is an organism that is genetically identical to the original so I am sometimes kinda troubled by the use of the term in the bad batch...
    ... A clone can certainly be slightly different from the original depending on how it lived but only up to differences that don't require a different DNA ( and not the mRna that's another story) so when did they explain how come Omega is female and what is the explanation I missed?
    Or they are simply using the term clone too loosely?

10. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    No idea what it means.

11. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    It was basically just about Omega gambling. When the original meme format is usually your about to ruin someone’s life in Uno

Bor Mullet likes this.
  12. Happy Sando

Happy Sando Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2023
    It's never been directly addressed, but I reckon the answer lies in the whole concept of the show. Even though Omega might present as a "pure" clone in some specific genetic criteria, remember that Tech also tells the Batch that she's an enhanced Clone, just like they are. Whether that's the result of natural accident (similar to Ninety-Nine, the Regs' personality quirks, and the "favourably defective" Batch themselves) or down to deliberate experimentation and manipulation remains to be explained, but Nala Se's attachment to Omega and awareness of her special status would seem to suggest the latter.

2Cleva likes this.
  13. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    I suspect if she was gonna have any kinda of extra clonage from anyone. its probably gonna be Palpatine. Thats why she is very light blonde to match a more grey hair appearance. Often very little is subtle.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2024
  14. Watcherwithin

Watcherwithin Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2017
    I think pure genetic replication means she’s not a strand cast of multiple genetic sources. We’ve seen blonde Jango clones before in TCW

15. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Also Rex is maybe blonde? I am pretty sure he doesn’t dye his hair. He doesn’t seem like the type who would. Also Cut Lawqaune has red hair and again I don’t think a farmer is spending his time dying hair.

cwustudent and Watcherwithin like this.
  16. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    Yeah but with Omega it could be argued since she is a Female Clone she already has a genetic alteration there thats different to the other Clones. Making her blonde as well just makes her stand out even more.

I mean personally i have Sorter speculated since series 1 that there could be some palpatine genetics in her Because they seem to be starting early with the secret Cloning project and he does seem to be a part of the show, which i feel has to go somewhere by the final right? We already had him involved with the rebels final season. So perhaps it would be abit similar that Palpatine is a the big threat again. Especially if Palpatine turned up and was all hello omega! do you want to know the truth about who you really are? But hey

nilzo antonio likes this.
  17. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Well yes. She’s definitely modified. But I highly doubt her hair color was intentional. I think it makes perfect sense if you copy and paste someone so many times you’re bound to get little errors.

18. Konrad Pietrzak

Konrad Pietrzak Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 6, 2020
    This is legends, but Jango Fett mother and twin sister has blond hair.

[​IMG]

19. Watcherwithin

Watcherwithin Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2017
    Modifiying her chromosomes doesn’t indicate that she has genetics from any source other than Jango. If it was revealed that she did I’d dislike that as it would seem like a total invalidation of everything we’ve been told about her

Last edited: Mar 8, 2024
  20. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I think it’s really just as simple as they just got rid of the Y and kept the X. It’s been a long time so I may be remembering chromosomes wrong but I am pretty sure females are XX and males XY it’s probably not hard to do magic science and have a female clone of someone.

if they could do it with wolverine they can do it with Jango

ShayaLothal likes this.
  21. Konrad Pietrzak

Konrad Pietrzak Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 6, 2020
    I'm not an expert, so what I'm saying may be pseudoscience, but I heard that every fetus is first female and only the development of the Y chromosome determines its final gender, but I won't bet on it because I don't know anything about it.

ShayaLothal likes this.
  22. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    There's always Google.

23. ShayaLothal

ShayaLothal Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 14, 2023
    Yep modifying (like in no Y)...still a "clone", inserting other genetic source...not a clone anymore?
    A clone is a replica of another individual's genetic code. You can activate/deactivate genes and obtain different fenotypes ( I'm a bit rusty here) and therefore obtain a different exterior appearance but if you insert other DNA...not a clone anymore for me!
    But who knows what about for the writers ehehe

Last edited: Mar 11, 2024
    Watcherwithin likes this.
  24. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    They already have strand cast clones which are made from multiple sources. Which just sounds like a normal child with extra steps.

25. Ghost Ryder

Ghost Ryder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2016
    Small connection: Crosshair's sniper insight in The Return is similar to Din telling Grogu about being a Mandalorian. I guess that insight could have a payoff for Omega this season, but it feels like an indication (or a further one) that Omega will go beyond this story.