main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Omega (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Mar 30, 2021.

1. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Well I think that’s a no brainer and she’s well liked and relatively new. Having only appeared in one show. Where’s with Ahsoka and Ezra the two other protagonists from the shows where you can actually do something with them I think there is only so much more you can do before their charm wears off and you have mostly explored everything you can realistically with the characters. Like I think with Ezra you obviously need him to face Thrawn again, but also there is a story to tell about him training Jacen. For Ahsoka you have whatever is up with Mortis. But beyond that? Both characters need a break. Where’s I feel like Omega has much more of an open field with what you do with her character after the show.

2. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I like how this episode was inclusive on if Omega was force sensitive or not. I thought that was your whole point Ventress

3. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jedi Master Frizzy Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Ventress was lying and Omega is force sensitive.

2Cleva, cwustudent and Happy Sando like this.
  4. Happy Sando

Happy Sando Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2023
    ...or at least has the potential to be, if she receives proper training.

Which could be said about anybody in the GFFA (including Sabine, for example). I love how the wider galaxy is still figuring out how the Force works, and how it's clearly been protected information for so long.

5. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jan 15, 2018
    The Jedi portected that information maybe to mutch.

Happy Sando likes this.
  6. Happy Sando

Jun 23, 2023
    Agreed. I'm not a 100% "Palpatine Was Right" proponent, but that doesn't mean I reckon the Jedi Order were perfect, either. They could be extremely elitist and protective of their secrets, to a deeply unfair and harmful degree.

I mean, if the Force is basically life, and exists in all living things, then what gives anyone the right to gatekeep that information?

7. FromDromundKaasWithLove

FromDromundKaasWithLove Jedi Master star 3

Jan 20, 2020
    Did they gatekeep it? It wasn't like they were striking down anyone who didn't want to be Jedi or had their own take on the force - at least not to my knowledge. I don't know if there's work that show otherwise.

8. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jan 15, 2018
    They kinda gatekeep it. No giving people like Sabine with low Midi-chlorians Count a chance. Denying them become Jedi Knights.

Happy Sando likes this.
  9. Sproj

Sproj Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2019
    Ventress kind of implied that all the Bad Batch were possibly force sensitive to one degree or another.

2Cleva likes this.
  10. Happy Sando

Jun 23, 2023
    Maybe not actively, but as @Fredrik Vallestrand rightly says, there's still some arbitrary gatekeeping going on whenever a Jedi assesses somebody with potential and says, "On second thoughts, nope, you'll never amount to anything." Besides, the fact that we've seen multiple characters from different walks of life shrug and say, "No idea what an m-count is, sorry!" when having any kind of m-count, high or low, is a universal fact of life in the GFFA suggests some degree of information control. Otherwise every schoolkid in the galaxy would know what midi-chlorians were. It's basic biology.

Yeah, I caught that, too. I doubt it'll go anywhere, but reminding us that the Batch are "favourably defective" was a smart nod.

Sproj likes this.
  11. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    It seems this is what Acolyte is supposedly about, jedi don't allow others to use their power. I don't know how this will be handled in the future but it is certainly new way to look at force-sensitivity. And it seems to criticize jedi quite a lot.

12. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jan 15, 2018
    Yes show their faults and flaws.

13. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    People who have been disappointed in previous Disney productions show their hatred on Acolyte before it even aired. I loved Andor, but Obi-Wan and Ahsoka were underwhelming. Latest season of otherwise good Mandalorian was letdown and Boba Fett I didn't like at all. Bad Batch is okay, but it's mostly just monster of the week fillers and some cameos honestly. Very little actual story per episode. I would like to see more regs. Wolffe last week was nice. I would like to know more what happens to like Neyo, Appo, Thire or Bly.

14. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    I think the issue with Sabine being not force sensitive but being able to use the force is that it gives off the impression that everyone can be a force user.

And I think a fear with Star Wars these days is that everyone seems to be force sensitive. Omega doesn't need to be force-sensitive. The bad batch doesn't need to be force sensitive

And yes people will say hey whats wrong with that? The force is in everyone etc etc. Well nothing is wrong with that at the moment. But then early days are always fine. Lets jump another 5 years and see where we are in the galaxy.

But the its like yeaah lets release all the secrets of the force to the galaxy! And then its like oh its being used to bad intensions... hmm.

I mean should you gatekeep? no. But if there is no harm in keeping them, then whats the problem?

Last edited: Mar 27, 2024
  15. FromDromundKaasWithLove

FromDromundKaasWithLove Jedi Master star 3

Jan 20, 2020
    I still don't see how that's the Jedi gatekeeping the force. The Jedi are a monastic order so they have specific beliefs and so their membership is going to be tied to those beliefs, but they're not the only game in town and their beliefs are not shown to be universally true. The nightsisters had their own belief system about the force and their own distinct way of practicing it. There was also the Dagoyan Order. If someone force sensitive was rejected by the Jedi, they could still learn to utilize the force elsewhere. It's not like the Jedi sever the connection between the force and the children who they don't accept. These children are still force sensitive and they still have their force powers - they just can't be a part of this specific monastic order which had these specific teachings.

Also, Jedi generally don't really gatekeep their beliefs on the force. We frequently see them exposits those beliefs to outsiders, so it's not like they are a closed culture.

The lack of widespread knowledge about midi-chlorians doesn't mean that the Jedi kept that knowledge - it just means that the world-building's shoddy in places. In the Original Trilogy, people treat the Force like some superstition or some silly religious thing. You could excuse Luke who lives on a backwater planet with a sparse population, but not Han who's been everywhere. Season one of Star Wars: Rebels takes place five years before A New Hope and the Inquisitors running around hunting Jedi and using the Force. People have long called out that it made no sense for the-Force-is-real to go extinct during the gap between the Prequel era and the Original era. I think they've done it longer than I've been alive.

Although it will never stop being funny to me that the Imperials accepts the existence of magic, but are weirdly skeptical otherwise. There's something sad about the fact that they've never explored the complete comedy of being Darth Vader and living through that brain drain.

Darth Vader: "Ancient? It was nineteen years old-"
    Imperial officer: "You know the Empire calenders measure in dog years, Lord Vader."
    Darth Vader: "- and most of you would have been adults back then!"

Last edited: Mar 27, 2024
  16. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Star Wars timeline stuff has never made sense

17. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    In legends at least people had done some horrifying medical experiments around midicholorians. I wouldn't be surprised if the Jedi and Republic decided to limit information on it to prevent such experiments in canon.

18. Fin McCool

Fin McCool Jedi Master star 4

Apr 18, 2015
    Unless I missed something, isn't it intended to be conveyed to the viewer that Ventress recognizes Omega (unknowingly) has used the Force to make the connection with Batcher (?).

It's almost an allocation of resources question. The Jedi are top-of-the-line Force users, and they are looking for top prospects to train into future ones. It's not unlike identifying baseball, basketball, or football talent.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2024
  19. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jan 15, 2018
    She gives those small hints when she looks at Omega

20. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    Why would anyone outside of the jedi care about midichlorians? People out of universe hated it so can you imagine people in universe? :p

21. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Well they wouldn’t have lived in a universe without it

22. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Omega was great in this episode. I think this episode finally cemented her as my favorite. Can’t wait to see the rest of the season

Wolf43, Happy Sando and MercenaryAce like this.
  23. Foreign32567

Foreign32567 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 4, 2021
    Hope that her "slightly smug mastermind" persona is going to become primary in her adulthood.

MercenaryAce likes this.
  24. Sproj

Sproj Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2019
    I’m not a huge fan of Omega, probably the accent, but I really thought they paid off her development really well this episode. She put in to place all the things she’s learned from the Batch to come up with a plan. It was well done.

25. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    ....has Omega ever used that new energy crossbow that they dedicated a scene for and is prominent on the poster?