main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Challenge One Sentence Challenge 2023

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by devilinthedetails , Sep 14, 2023.

1. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    @brodiew Signing up isn't strictly required and more of a fun extra element I added for fun this year:)

The one sentence stories can indeed be on any topic and feature any characters and don't have any official prompts. The challenge is more in trying to get an entire story to fit into a single sentence.

Star Wars One Sentence stories can be posted in this thread, and non Star Wars ones in this thread.

2. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    It's Halloween, and we are halfway through the One Sentence Challenge [face_pumpkin]

Some amazing one sentence stories have already been posted in the Star Wars and Non-Star Wars Challenge threads, and I can't wait to see what else will be posted before the challenge ends[face_dancing]

Now remember to fuel yourself with lots of sweets to inspire your single sentence stories!

*offers buckets of candy to her fellow fanfic writers in the Halloween spirit*

[​IMG]

3. devilinthedetails

Jun 19, 2019
    Very Important Voting Rules and Announcement:

Ladies and gentlemen of the Fanfic community, it is past midnight EST on November 15th, 2023. Thus, the period for submitting your single sentence Star Wars and Non Star Wars stories is over, though the threads containing those stories remain open for reading and for leaving positive feedback for all our talented and amazing authors!

Now that the window for submitting Star Wars and Non Star Wars single sentence stories has passed, it is my pleasure to announce that the period for submitting your votes for your favorite Star Wars and Non Star Wars single sentence stories is now officially open.

This voting period will remain open for two weeks from now. Closing at midnight EST on November 30th, 2023.

[​IMG]

To cast your votes for your favorite Star Wars and Non Star Wars single sentence stories, please send them to me in a PM.

When voting, you may submit ranked ballots for up to ten single sentence stories in each of the Star Wars and Non Star Wars categories. The best story on your ballot in each category should be ranked number one and so on through a maximum of ten in each category. You may vote for less than ten in each category, but not more than ten. For each story, please list the title and author if the work is titled. If it isn’t, please list the author, the post number containing the story, and the first three words of the story.

It goes without saying, but please do not submit multiple votes beyond the maximum ten in each category, vote for yourself, or try to use a sock to circumvent these rules.

Once the voting period is over and I’ve tabulated the results, I will announce them as soon as possible in this thread.

If you have any questions about the voting process, please feel free to ask them in this thread or via PM.

Thank you, and please remember to submit your ballots before the November 30th deadline!

[​IMG]

4. devilinthedetails

Jun 19, 2019
    The gentlest of reminders that there are four days remaining to submit your votes for your favorite One Sentence Star Wars and Non-Star Wars stories to me by PM:D

So far, two wonderful people have voted, but I'd love to see that total rise before the voting deadline[face_dancing]

5. devilinthedetails

Jun 19, 2019
    The voting period has officially come to a close, and the number of voters more than tripled since my last post, so well done, everyone! I have tabulated the results for both the Star Wars and Non Star Wars One Sentence Stories. Before I announce the results, I would once again like to thank everybody who participated in this challenge as a writer, reader, reviewer, and voter! Your contributions made this event a fun and awesome one to host this year[:D]

Top Ten Star Wars One Sentence Stories:

1. "Pearlescent Braid" by @devilinthedetails; "Call of the Force" by @Jordan1Kenobi
    2. "Temple Ashes" by @devilinthedetails;"Forbidden Love" by @Jordan1Kenobi
    3. "Always" by @Kit'
    4. "Kyber Cut" by @devilinthedetails
    5) "The Trials of Being a Master" by @Kit' ; "Attack of the Clothes" by @Starith
    6) "Clarification, of Sorts" by @Seldes_Katne
    7) "Career Change" by @Seldes_Katne; "Steering Clear" by @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha
    8) "A Benefactor" by @UltramassiveUbersue; "Come!" by @Findswoman
    9) "Tribunal" by @Findswoman; "The Jedi Cure" by @Jordan1Kenobi '
    10) "Mercenaries" by @devilinthedetails; "A Sith's Fear" by @Jordan1Kenobi

Top Ten Non Star Wars One Sentence Stories:

1. "No cats were harmed in the drowning of Numenor" by @gizkaspice; "Lipstick and Nylons" by @devilinthedetails
    2. "Reap" by @Mira_Jade; "like a force to be reckoned with" by @Mira_Jade; "Train" by @devilinthedetails
    3. "A Standout" by @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha; "Death" by @Mira_Jade; "Lucy" by @devilinthedetails
    4. "Life" by @Mira_Jade; "Yule Ball" by @devilinthedetails
    5. "Offense" by @Mira_Jade; "Wet Blanket" by @devilinthedetails
    6. "Oops" by @Pandora; "And They Danced" by @Pandora; "A Good Influence" by @devilinthedetails; "Veela" by @devilinthedetails
    7. "Defense" by @Mira_Jade; "Dragons" by @devilinthedetails; "Wardrobe" by @devilinthedetails
    8. "Law and Order" by @devilinthedetails; "Golden Age" by @devilinthedetails; "Faun" by @devilinthedetails; "Wellspring" by @Mira_Jade
    9. "Wedding Tears" by @devilinthedetails; "Bruise" by @Mira_Jade; "Lovers of Toussaint" by @Jordan1Kenobi
    10. "Ripple" by @Mira_Jade; "Countryside Romp" by @devilinthedetails; "Visitors in the Throne Room" by @gizkaspice

Please join me in a big round of applause to all winners, voters, and challenge participants=D=

Last edited: Nov 30, 2023
  6. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 1999
    Yay! Congratulations everyone! And thank you [mention]devilinthedetails [/mention] for running such an amazing challenge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: Nov 30, 2023
  7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Congratulations! Fun to participate and to read all the interesting variety of content. :cool:

8. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Wow! I’m so honoured! I’ve only just started getting into fan fic, so this was such a nice surprise to open and see today. Makes me really want to continue.

That was a super fun and challenging contest, with lots of great stories from everyone. Looking forward to participating more in the future!