main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Opinion on Star Wars Force FX Lightsaber?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Jedi_Meb, Oct 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Meb

Jedi_Meb Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2005
    Hey, I have been considering getting this fun little lightsaber collectible for a while now, and I would just like to gather some opinions on this item from people who either own it or have used it enough to give a good review. Here is a link to MasterReplicas for those who need it.
    http://masterreplicas.com/customer/starwars/starwars_product_list.php?cid=9?masterreplicas_ecommerce_PSID=a8a8ac06ec1d298817f6f87df9ba1bff

The sound effects and motion sensors combined with the look, feel, and awesomeness of the saber made me fall in love with it when I tried one out at a Borders Books store before ROTS came out. It seems like kind of an impulse buy, but it is one that I just feel a Star Wars fan should have. Opinions?

2. Clone_Commander169

Clone_Commander169 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 11, 2005
    they are pretty :p lol

3. Achilles0702

Achilles0702 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 3, 2005
    Im going to be getting one pretty soon. I think its a good investment for any Star Wars fan.

4. plokoonkenobi77

plokoonkenobi77 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 12, 2005
    i got the anakin skywalker and it is amazing
    i also tried out the mace windu at the tattoine traders in disney world and i was very impressed
    i here the episode 6 luke is the best and that they're coming out with it again soon

5. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    The ROTJ Luke FX is out now, and yes it's awesome.

6. thechozn1

thechozn1 Jedi Master star 4

May 15, 2005
    I have Mace(AOTC), Vader (ESB), Luke (ROTJ), and Anakin (ROTS) should be here tomorrow. I have them displayed in my playroom. They're fun, and they get a lot of oooohs and ahhhhs when people come over.

7. Grand_Moff_Jawa

Grand_Moff_Jawa Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 31, 2001
    Does anyone know the technology behind them? Are they like fluorescent lights? Are they easily broken? The website doesn't really talk much about how they're made. Are they worth the money?

8. masterjedi343

masterjedi343 Jedi Master star 5

Jan 26, 2005
    GMJ has a point.i mean are they worth 119$? why not just get the ones that are 5$(the plastic ones,those are pretty fun too :p ) or the cheaper ones with the sound fx that are like 20?

9. Grand_Moff_Jawa

Grand_Moff_Jawa Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 31, 2001
    The video clip on that website makes the lightsabers look pretty darn convincing, but it could just be the lighting. I wonder if they look that good in the average living room?

10. thechozn1

thechozn1 Jedi Master star 4

May 15, 2005
    These are not your $20 sabers. The tube is HARD and the hilt is heavy and realistic. Sound FX are awesome and they have a sensor so that they hum at different tones as you move them. The cheap ones only make a sound when you hit something with them, and some of those don't even do that. The other this is most of these bad boys are limited edition. I'll be pulling in some mad money if I want to 20 years from now.

11. DarthKakarot

DarthKakarot Jedi Youngling star 5

Mar 9, 2005
    I have the ANH Vader saber..... AWESOME!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.