main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Order 66 series

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RATHERBEPLAYINDS, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Hyrum_Solo

Hyrum_Solo Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 1, 2015
    GL himself stated he didn't like clones having biochips. The speculation itself isn't new, just its canon status.

2. DarthTalonx

DarthTalonx Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2014
    It was a very poor script though and cheapens Order 66. TCW was a fairly grown up show, don't know why they did something so silly. It makes everyone look incompetent - the Jedi, Palpatine, the Kaminoans. Much better that Order 66 is an executive order and clones obey orders than clones having chips in them. It's a bit like the whole Face/off arc...taking a galaxy far away which is noble and realistic to the point of absurdity and cheap populism... Star Wars was never about trying to get ratings.. it was about a good story...a great story..an epic saga. This seems to be designed to try to make it look like Order 66 is a big misunderstanding when it happens. Terrible arc! You've got to admit, take out that arc, and TCW is much better and Star Wars as a whole is much better!!

Couldn't agree more. It tramples on Order 66 as well as on the Star Wars saga itself. It is insulting.

I think it was a catastrophically bad arc. It ruined Order 66 and cheapened it. It cheapened the clones, it cheapened the Jedi Order and makes them look foolish and incompetent. It makes Palpatine's clever and cunning plots look exposed and him clearly covering things up in an obvious way. It ruins Order 66. Take out that arc, and TCW is a good series, with it, it spoils the saga.

Probably because he has no hesitation to carry out Order 66 in the films, they don't want to show him toward the end of the series? Would be cool to see Clone Stormtroopers in action immediately following Order 66 and the birth of the Empire. How about a spin off named Empire alongside Rebels?

Nice quote. There was a cool one about Aayla and Ki Ad Mundi as well.

I think Star Wars is better without the chip nonsense frankly. Order 66 is a contigency order. That's what makes Palpatine's plan so clever. The clones are loyal to the Republic and whoever is legally the commander in chief. Genius. If it's a chip, then it cheapends the entire franchise. Disgusting.

Agreed that arc was terrible. It should be removed from the Star Wars saga as it cheapens Order 66. The clones were genetically created beings who were totally obedient and loyal to the Republic. They would follow any order without question as mentioned in AOTC. What made Order 66 so sad and gave the feels was how the Jedi were betrayed. The clones simply obeyed an order from their Supreme Commander in Chief - a legal order. It also shows how truly cunning, twisted and clever Palpatine's plan was.

To cheapen and trample over all this with a chip, is silly. Regular clones should obey it without question. The only people who might question it are ordinary people, or those clones who had been created with some degree of independence like some ARCs or maybe Republic Commandos - there was one instance with Master Shryne in the Rise of Darth Vader (the commandos were later executed by Lord Vader as punishment and to set an example) where a set of commandos tried to stall for time thinking it might be a Separatist trick, though the Clone Commander and regular infantry on site obeyed the Order and ambushed the Jedi.

Precisely as you said Palpatine was the highest authority on the command chain - higher than the Jedi Generals in the field. Had Palpatine been removed, and Order 66 not been issued, the clones would have carried on under their Jedi Commanders as normal.

I think the chips explanation is pretty poor and really cheapens the entire thing. Clones are not droids. They are also not normal humans. They are completely genetically engineered using a template of Jango Fett. From AOTC (which is more canon since it is written by Lucas), the clones are totally obedient - they will obey any order without question. The only difference between them and droids is they can think creatively on how to obey those orders. Clones cannot be reprogrammed as they are a living being. They cannot willfully disobey an order as it is not within their ability to do so. Clone are loyal to the Republic. They are loyal and respect their Jedi officers, but the Supreme Commander of the Republic, the Chancellor is the highest authority and so their order will supercede the Jedi Generals.

Order 66 is not automatic or some computer program. If Palpatine had been removed from office, then the order would not have been issued, and the clones would have continued to serve under the Jedi as they had done before.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  3. Hyrum_Solo

Jul 1, 2015
    YES PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    A show about the western reaches operations would be AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!

DarthTalonx likes this.
  4. DarthTalonx

Nov 12, 2014
    Precisely! Come on Star Wars, bring us this!! Or even make spin off films about this era - the first days of the Empire!

Hyrum_Solo likes this.
  5. Davak24

Davak24 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 15, 2015
    My question is; if Lucas did not like it, then why did he let Filoni do this?

spicer, DarthTalonx and Hyrum_Solo like this.
  6. Hyrum_Solo

Jul 1, 2015
    That's the million dollar question, isn't it?

7. DarthTalonx

Nov 12, 2014
    Didn't know that. Thank goodness he concurs then. Can we hope for a Special Edition that omits this travesty of biochips? Order 66 should stay as it is in the films.

Why indeed? Can we petition for a Special Edition which overrules the original and removes biochips?

spicer and Davak24 like this.
  8. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Wait, it's not like the biochips are in AOTC and ROTS now.

I didn't mind certain aspects of the arc. I liked the team up between Fives and the medical droid to uncover a secret conspiracy.

The first episode was really great, classic Clone Wars, with battles, some effective horror in space, and a uniquely designed environment.

Plus Trench.

9. Davak24

Jul 15, 2015
    Agreed.

I think it would be easier if Disney just declared the show as an advertising show for the upcoming Star Wars movies.

Kinda like how their Avengers shows on Disney XD are just to advertise for their upcoming movies like Cap 3, Doctor Strange, Thor 3 etc.

That way the film continuity is uncorrupted and untouched and the shows can just be "a what if story."

DarthTalonx likes this.
  10. DarthTalonx

Nov 12, 2014
    Yeah aside from the chip nonsense, the first episode's battle was very good on that ring space station. We could have had a different medical droid and clone interaction in a Kamino episode which showed the clones independence being strictly enforced by the Kaminoans.

Yes that's a good way to do it. Or else as an advertisement for a brand new Clone Wars show with similar or better graphics but which tells a story about the era better. It needs to be more film like/cinematic in its storytelling rather than trying to simply sell to children. The OT was still popular with children not by having Jar Jar but by being a great movie series. And even the PT was appreciated in its own way not for Jar Jar or populist stuff but for telling the story and for giving us a background of the Galaxy before the OT.

Give us a good show/story/movie and it will sell. Don't try to simply sell as it won't be a good movie nor sell.

We need a revamped Clone Wars with Season 6 style graphics and more Jedi, more battles, more balance with CIS, etc. and NO CHIP!! Stick to the MOVIE CANON!!

11. moonjump05

moonjump05 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 14, 2013
    The chips don't contradict the movies, because the movies tell us nothing except that the clones carry out the order.

TCW has faults, but calling for a reboot because you don't like something about it?

12. DarthTalonx

Nov 12, 2014
    Without the chips, the series is better. You could just continue the series, but up the scale and reach of what you're trying to do. Don't limit it.. go all out to explore the Clone Wars. Have balance in the war to show how it drags on. Have the CIS win not by pure evil, but by skill and with support of populations. Show way more Jedi like Master Di sacrificing themselves or Clones failing against droids. Show more Aayla, Shaak Ti, Adia Gallia etc.

Don't try to cheapen the films with biochips, stick to the film explanations and show us what we haven't seen - other Jedi and other planets. This is meant to be the era of the Jedi, show us them!

In terms of the clones, have a few clones who are more individual, but show us them primarily being a precursor of the stormtroopers and only kept in check by Jedi ethics. Don't have them win every week though. Have the Jedi fail sometimes, and introduce more villains so you don't spoil the issue of Dooku meeting our heroes for the second time in ROTS (rather than every week!!).

spicer and Davak24 like this.
  13. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    The chips CAN be explained into the film, but it shifts the element of tragedy away from the Jedi and onto the clones.

spicer and Hyrum_Solo like this.
  14. DarthTalonx

Nov 12, 2014
    Agreed, and that isn't right. I think the tragedy and feels of the films with that epic John Williams music is important to preserve in history. You can still have tragedy for a few clones - e.g. the more independent ARCS or commandos are are helpless to stop their brothers who are incapable of willfully disobeying an order and know no better.

It is a shame that it has to be TCW versus the movies, they should be part of the same epic saga created by Lucas! But Lucas original story should prevail over Filoni's here. It doesn't feel right with the biochip thing. It seems very poor compared to the intricate and clever plan of Palpatine in the films.

15. Davak24

Jul 15, 2015
    DarthTalonx

I agree. I feel this show was a missed opportunity to show how the war should've been. There were so many excellent stores they've could've adapted for TV if in the right hands.

Like this:

[​IMG]

Unfortunately, people like myself may have to wait a while for the stories we want.

But I agree with you. Kids can enjoy things without slapstick humor and kid heroes.

whostheBossk and DarthTalonx like this.
  16. moonjump05

moonjump05 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 14, 2013

Missing my point, there is no film explaination that the chips contradict. You may not like it, but it isn't cheapening the films(by disregarding them?).

The rest sounds like a list of stuff you would rather have, well anyone can do that get rid of all the night sisters trash and very few will agree.

We've gone over this, and I don't agree that shifting some tragedy onto the clones takes any away from the Jedi.

17. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I have no problem with the clones being tragic. There was greater tragedy than the Jedi. The Separatists, the Senate, the Jedi. There were a lot of victims that got duped by Palpatine. The clones being another doesn't bother me. Hell, they were victims from their very conception. People raised to be sold into military service to fight a war for a government they were conditioned to be devoted to, despite spending their entire lives before the war on Kamino, beyond the Republic's borders.

They were always tragic in that way. Which is why I had zero problem believing they'd shoot the Jedi. I would think that a 13 year old man child trained for war and brainwashed for loyalty would be all kinds of ****** up.

That they appeared like friendly, well intentioned individuals wouldn't change their completely amoral upbringing. And so the tragedy I thought worked better was one in which the Jedi failed to see the clones for what they really were. I mean, they dismissed Slick out of hand (and Im disappointed that Slick's thought process of the clones being slaves never arose again).

Also, in real life, people have done all kinds of messed up things. The people doing beheadings don't have some kind of biochip making them do it. The Nazis didn't have biochips. They are people that got swept up into fanaticism.

People like Tarkin and Yularen went along with the Jedi genocide, and they weren't biochipped. There was a potential for a greater story that dealt with the moral decay of the Republic to the point that everyone could just look the other way during a genocide. But instead it was turned into an easy button for Palpatine.

Lucas had said he wanted to show how a Republic could turn to an Empire, but imo did a horrible job. First and foremost because Palpatine's rise to power was absurd because of how passive he was in TCW. I am not sold on the idea that anyone would demand he stay in power. He has little in common with Julius Caesar, Napoleon or Hitler, with whom he is often compared.

But then the complexity of turning military into an instrument of genocide has no meaning when it's the result of biochips, that don't exist in reality

18. DarthTalonx

Nov 12, 2014
    Yes this book was very good especially the covering of the invasion/attack on Coruscant...now that would be an awesome film!! It shows the potential of the Clone Wars era..this was just one story, now why didn't we see massive arcs like this on the tv show or a spin off movie instead of all that slapstick kid stuff or chip nonsense?!

This is a GREAT POST. Literally that is what I have been trying to say. As you said, they could have shown the moral decay of the Republic and how we ended up with what we had in ROTS - even the Jedi were talking about having to take over the Senate for its own good. Yes they should have shown a stronger Palpatine in TCW. Also we didn't need biochips, these clones were bred for war and to follow orders. They would execute their Jedi commanders if a higher authority ordered it without hesitation. It would have been cool to see how Yularen went along with it.

Very well said, and pls let the special edition totally remove the biochips!

Davak24 likes this.
  19. Hyrum_Solo

Jul 1, 2015
    special edition of TCW tv series?

DarthTalonx likes this.
  20. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    Slapstick humour and kid heroes? You mean, like Star Wars?

21. Davak24

Jul 15, 2015
    The OT trilogy and the prequels minus Episode 1 had no kid heroes if I'm not mistaken. Yes, but I feel these shows Filino makes are too obsessive with it. Episode 3 sure didn't have any if at all slapstick humor.

spicer likes this.
  22. Davak24

Jul 15, 2015

Agreed. And agreed about a spin off movie about the book. I don't understand why Lucas was against this chip thing, but let Filoni do it anyway. Perhaps Lucas had already fallen so far to the greed side at that point.

23. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    Um, Luke is a kid.

And episode 3 had one moment of slapstick: Super Battle Droids.

Besides, why adapt an already existing story, when the Clone Wars gave us loads of great new stories.

24. Davak24

Jul 15, 2015
    Lulz. I thought he was 19?

Yes.

"Good is from a point of view Anakin."

25. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    19 is a kid.

And I don't mind slapstick humor but...continuity without "b...bu...but" please. Or "we have to change the clones around so people won't get upset that they're the bad guys."

DarthTalonx and darskpine10 like this.