main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Oscar Isaac (Poe Dameron) in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Lurknomore, Apr 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthLightlyBruise

DarthLightlyBruise Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 11, 2015
    Yeah, but even if Isaac does refer to the ST hearkening back to the OT, and describes that as a positive thing (thus indirectly slighting the PT), who cares? If he likes the OT better, so be it. It's not exactly an unpopular opinion among the general public.

2. Lady Warp Spasm

Lady Warp Spasm Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 19, 2015
    We need some Poe news. I cannot believe how small Poe's thread (in caparison to the other characters in TFA.)

3. DarthLightlyBruise

Feb 11, 2015
    Where in the world is Poe Dameron?

4. Lady Warp Spasm

Feb 19, 2015
    Where in the ST is Poe Dameron?

5. Hoggsquattle

Hoggsquattle Jedi Master star 5

Feb 7, 2009

First of all, maybe it was my birthday yesterday. It isn't for you to say it wasn't :p

Why do you assume the comment had a hidden meaning? Yes, of course he wants to promote the movie but why would "jaded fans" be his concern.

The man is a major Star Wars fan - that has been clear from the moment he was firs allowed to comment on his casting. It sounds like it was a dream job for him and he clearly had fun doing it.

"actual real and tactile sets on this picture" when reward in context in that article is ridiculous obvious that he was simply saying "dude, they actually built that, it isn't a VFX or CG". How is that a criticism of CGI?

He says TFA doesn't rely on digital effects like others do - Avatar, the Prequels did rely on CGI. This is true. It isn't a criticism. It is a statement of fact.

Nothing about that is a "subtle jab".

There is no "indirect slighting of the Prequels". The man was praising the crew on TFA, nothing more.

And if the PT is supposedly not so well regarded amongst the general public, how come the franchise was at it most successful ever during the PT era? So successful that Disney paid $4 billion. And that wasn't pocket change for them.

6. Lady Warp Spasm

Feb 19, 2015
    Hoggsquattle, dare I wish you a belated happy birthday then?

And I agree with your post.

7. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009

Thank you, but it wasn't actually my birthday. I just felt somewhat aggrieved at the presumption of knowing when my birthday was not. :p

Yeah, I mean if Issac's comments can be perceived as a jab or slight at the Prequels, then will Kennedy, Iger, Abrams and the entire cast be beating the Prequels to death on the press junket? Will every interview Ridly gives be an attack on the rest of the franchise?

No, they'll be promoting and praising TFA and the only rants about CG and Prequels will be from the same people who are always ranting.

8. Lady Warp Spasm

Feb 19, 2015

I know it wasn't your birthday, ;) just being silly.

And, for the rest, exactly.

Oscar and co. are talking about the film they made and they are paid to talk nice about it. People will read into it what they want to.

9. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009
    Well, I suspected as much, but I thought it best to clarify - the slightest bit of info and rumour gets taken very seriously around here ;)

Unfortunately yes, And that gets in the way the truth.

Looking forward to those interviews - though I will be very careful to avoid clips a too information/spoilers when watching ad listening.

The best interviews will be when the cast and Abrams are on The Graham Norton Show - always the funniest - Mark Ruffalo accidentally confessing to old crimes, RDJ & Jude Law being up kicking extras on the Sherlock Holmes set and the Pine Nuts vs,. the Cumber(females):D

Good times :)

10. DarthLightlyBruise

Feb 11, 2015
    Happy birthday, Hogg! :)

11. Victorian Time Traveler

Victorian Time Traveler Jedi Master star 3

Nov 20, 2012
    Would be interesting if Felicity Jones' character in Rogue One is also a Dameron :)

12. KitsterAKABobaFett

KitsterAKABobaFett Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 31, 2007
    Maybe we'll get to meet the whole fam Dameron...

yogacat likes this.
  13. m4st4

m4st4 Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 24, 2014
    I've heard Stephen Hawking is also Dameron.

14. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009

No, I was just pointing out the fact that I could have been born yesterday so it should be presumed I wasn't. :)

EDIT: Wait, are you just saying that because I said people grab onto the tiniest rumour and get carried away? :p

15. DarthLightlyBruise

Feb 11, 2015
    Lady Warp Spasm (LWS), a credible poster here at TFN, mentioned that it was your birthday. We don't have 100% certainty about that, but it seems highly likely that it was your birthday, given LWS's record of honest comments up to this point. So based on that likelihood, I went out on a limb to wish you a happy birthday!

I'm still quite convinced that it was your birthday, and I hope you enjoyed it!

[face_party]

16. Lady Warp Spasm

Feb 19, 2015

[face_laugh]
    Sir LightlyBruise, while my Force skills are rudimentary E.S.P., I cannot see the date that is Hoggsquattle's birthday or yours alas.

Therefore, my credibility here is fully intact while my Force skills remain annoying at most.

ROTF Hoggsquattle (It's not my fault!)

17. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009
    See what I mean. One little comment gets blown out of all proportion. [face_dunno]

I'm going to start a movie website myself and make up all sorts of about stuff about every movie and TV show. :p

DarthLightlyBruise likes this.
  18. Lady Warp Spasm

Feb 19, 2015

^:)^ You'll probably make the internet news forums if you can come up with stuff so whacky people will want to believe.

Make some stuff up about Ep VIII.

>>

And this thread needs more Poe.

19. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009

I'm going to sit here a meditate and try to best Charlton Heston is young Yoda.

It could take quite some time to beat that ;)

Here is more Poe ... (kind of)[​IMG]

20. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    Moving to movies that are actually happening, Steve asked Oscar Isaac, who stars in Ex Machina, about staying silent on huge blockbusters like X-Men: Apocalypse andStar Wars: The Force Awakens when fans constantly want new information:
    OSCAR ISAAC: With the secretive stuff, it’s okay. I understand the clamor for content and filling webpages and things and blogs and whatnot, but it’s not too hard to keep it a secret of what it is because I also don’t like spoilers. I don’t understand why people would want to know so much beforehand because it robs it of the magic of the moment. But the excitement for it sure is fun.
    http://collider.com/dredd-2-sequel-not-happening-alex-garland/

Hoggsquattle and Lady Warp Spasm like this.
  21. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    Star Wars Bits only
    [​IMG]
    http://www.details.com/culture-trends/celebrities/201504/oscar-isaac-star-wars-ex-machina

22. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    That is a...umm...very....nice looking photo of Oscar
    [​IMG]

Knessa84 likes this.
  23. Zuckuss the Ruckuss

Zuckuss the Ruckuss Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2013
    "Poe Dameron, a character rumored to be Han Solo's heir apparent and possible son" huh?

Oh no, here we go with another paternity test....

24. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    Legacies Legacies everywhere.[face_party][face_dancing][face_devil]

25. Zuckuss the Ruckuss

Zuckuss the Ruckuss Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2013

And...like clockwork...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.