main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Out of Bounds (The ELL OOC Thread)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Trieste, Sep 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    I vote late evening or Monday night. Not a fan of doing them earlier, since that potentially cuts off anyone trying to squeeze a post in at the last minute due to a busy life (which this week might be me :p).

Trieste likes this.
  2. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    Whatever time I am most likely to roll a winning score would be great, personally. Since I’m out of it at this point, I might as well throw a few wrenches into things. :D

Trieste and jcgoble3 like this.
  3. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    I calculated all of the playoff scenarios with the help of a spreadsheet and posted them. This is the best parity I have seen in the ELL in a long time. Fun facts:
    • Eight out of ten teams are still in contention for the playoffs.
    • All eight of those are still in the running for a home game in the playoffs.
    • Four teams (two in each conference) are competing for first-round byes.
    • Four teams have a chance at finishing with six wins, the highest possible win total at this point.
    • Three of those are contending for the Commissioner's Trophy.
    • The fourth, Euceron, cannot win the Commissioner's Trophy because of a poor conference record that prevents them from winning their conference. If winning the conference were not a prerequisite for the Commissioner's Trophy, then assuming they win their final game, they would have the head-to-head tiebreaker over any or all of the other Trophy contenders except Mando'ade.

4. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    [face_dancing]

Oh I'm sorry, I thought you said party....

:-B

Parity!

:p

Last edited: Sep 25, 2018
    Jedi Gunny, Trieste and jcgoble3 like this.
  5. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    I second this.

Trieste likes this.
  6. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    And to add one more to this list:

Only one team has clinched a playoff spot. One.

Trieste, Bardan_Jusik and Runjedirun like this.
  7. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    I'd say @jcgoble3 has earned a bonus roll for this week with that exhaustive playoff scenario and analysis of the record! I feel like this week needs a fancy name to denote how special it is in the history of the League. Right now, I'm voting for the inadvertent name that's already come up:
    The Parity Party
    As for doing scores, I appreciate the feedback thus far. If there's no additional thoughts, I'm leaning towards late Sunday or Monday for the reason that jc cites of giving people more time rather than less to post, especially with what a heck of a week it'll be!

8. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Well it's a darn good thing that I didn't see this article before the beginning of this season or you'd all be wishing you'd gotten a porg mascot. :p

Runjedirun, Bardan_Jusik and jcgoble3 like this.
  9. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    I'll post scores for the LFL after @Trieste on Sunday if he does it when I'm still awake or Monday when I get home from work. That's about 5 PM eastern time.

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  10. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    It has been rightly pointed out that the Pirates players were arrested prior to Week 7, not Week 8 as I stated in the game thread. Please deduct one week from all statements in that post. ;)

Vehn and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  11. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    While I don't have time to do scores right now, I do time to give a big shoutout to @Runjedirun. We actually met in-person this morning since I happened to be out her way this morning and it's thanks to her that I actually got up at the right time and wasn't terribly late for my flight home! (It all has to do with my cell phone not flipping over to the local time zone and me forgetting this fact when I set my alarm. ;) ) Even though the Starkillers are getting a bonus roll in the Golden Orange Bowl today due to posting activity, they'd deserve one just for making sure I didn't get stranded with no flight home! :D

(Yes, we discussed the fact that this might make it into someone's post at some point. :p)

Runjedirun, Bardan_Jusik and jcgoble3 like this.
  12. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Triple post? It's worth it to ask this one question (except substitute in luh-mee):

Bardan_Jusik and Runjedirun like this.
  13. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    I am home from work, so scores are up!

And yes yesterday truly was a fun adventure with @Trieste I'm not really shy, which I'm sure he can attest to, but I was shaking when I asked the hotel clerk if I had the right hotel and then had them ring his room since he didn't answer my texts. I think I'm just nervous around strangers. Or maybe that's just one of the most odd ways to meet someone face to face for the first time. Anyway it totally worked out [face_relieved]

14. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Wow, what a final week.

Bardan_Jusik, Vehn and jcgoble3 like this.
  15. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Wow. Another fine edition of The Game of Rivals @Vehn, and a loss there would have kept the Mercs from the playoffs entirely but instead they end up with the Commissioner's Trophy. Crazy!

Trieste likes this.
  16. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    It was a beautiful finish to a great season! Statistically, one of the stronger ones for the Smugglers. Unfortunately, as in so many real sports, the conference games are the most important and they'll need to improve there to make a run next year! What a game and a memorable one at that. Meshla' Vhetin is a hard venue to win in on the road. You guys deserve to win ;) Great game @Bardan_Jusik!

Personally I have a feeling Euceron is going to repeat but we'll see!

jcgoble3, Trieste and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  17. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    They've got a hard path ahead of them, that's for sure. That Skywalker Conference playoff is going to be a heck of a gauntlet. They definitely look stronger than the Solo. I know anything can happen on any given Primeday, but the Starkillers are 100% in the pole position there.

jcgoble3 likes this.
  18. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    Another odd note about this season is that my team, even though they were last/9th in the League (however that tiebreaker would have gone down), ended up in the exact middle of all three major statistical categories, ahead of several playoff teams. And I was in the 'weaker' conference, too. Safe to say I've never seen that before in this game.

Trieste likes this.
  19. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    This was a really weird year statistically. I mean, what business do the Miners at -22 have in the playoffs? Not much if you ask me! ;)

Runjedirun likes this.
  20. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    Like the 7-9 Seahawks a few years ago beating out teams with better records in for the final playoff spot. Don't get me started...

21. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    At least we don't have that happening because of automatic entry to the playoffs if you win your division!

Vehn likes this.
  22. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Voted!

[​IMG]

jcgoble3 and Trieste like this.
  23. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
  24. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Can I just mention how much I love the survey-based ballot? Previously it would take me several minutes to manually copy and paste the ballot into a private message, fix the formatting, manually delete everyone I wasn't voting for, fix the formatting again, and submit, and I usually skipped voting due to a combination of procrastination and not wanting to deal with the hassle. With the survey, I can do it on the spot the first time I see it in 30 seconds flat without having to consider whether I have time now or need to postpone it, and without having to be in the mood to hassle with it. Yay!

Also, with regard to that picture posted by Bardan, as a fellow Ohioan I hate that sticker. It just seems so weird to make the outline of the state into a heart. I always refuse the sticker when I go to vote (as I will in the next few weeks).

Trieste and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  25. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Oh that's too bad. I rather...

[​IMG]

...that sticker. :p

Trieste, Runjedirun and jcgoble3 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.