main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Out of Bounds (The ELL OOC Thread)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Trieste, Sep 2, 2012.

1. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    @galactic-vagabond422 @HanSolo29 @jcgoble3 @Lady_Belligerent @Master Vo'Un'Var @Mitth_Fisto @Sinrebirth @Tay Neir: you are officially welcome to Elite League Limmie 307. [face_party]

Master Vo's character sheet is approved and will doubtless go up soon. (I was not online for most of the weekend, so it's partially on me that it isn't up yet.)

For those of you who are new, the post I just made is the high water mark of a narrative GM post in the game. From here on out, most of the GM direction you'll get will be in the form of game scores, starting this Sunday. (Probably. Remember me being busy this weekend? There's a 25% chance that will happen again. ;)) I got crunched for time today, so the season schedule will come out tomorrow. You can feel free to wait for that before you work on a post to establish your character.

Here's some starter ideas for posts to get your bonus potential (that's the potential for up to 10 extra points compared to average!) for the opening day games:
    • Set up your character. What is going on in their life as the season approaches?
    • React to recent HSN coverage of the new league lineup. Does your character think it was fair? Or even accurate?
    • Do post about your character getting ready for the first game. (This will be easier when you know who and where you're playing.) What are their emotions?
      • Some people prefer to do game recaps rather than pre-game posts. That's fine! You'll just have to wait for the first set of scores.
    Most of all, have fun! If you have questions or want opinions, that's what this thread is for. :D

2. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    @jcgoble3 wow. :_|

I hope you feel better soon.

Trieste and jcgoble3 like this.
  3. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    (spoilers for my IC post in the game thread)

As a note, if you reference my character sheet, Jaria was 82 years old, so it was not an early death by any stretch of the imagination. That said, terminal cancer is always tragic. This is also a storyline that started at the end of the previous game thread.

As for me, I'm feeling much better than I did on Wednesday and Thursday when I could barely get out of bed. I was able to function fully normally yesterday and today has the same feel to it. The cold seems to be on the way out. It's nothing unusual since I get a cold like this almost every year between mid-October and mid-November. I joke that it's an allergic reaction to winter. :p

Last edited: Nov 13, 2022
    Trieste and Lady_Belligerent like this.
  4. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    It’s that time of year, everyone seems to be coughing all around me. [face_worried]

I had followed from your previous posts, it’s very well done. Character death is hard no matter the circumstances.

Trieste and jcgoble3 like this.
  5. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    With our first set of scores of the season, we're now in the regular cadence of the game. You'll use the score from your team's game to inform your next post. You can follow them as they take part in the game (or do other things during it), show what they do between this game and the next, or even jump ahead to just before the next game to show what they're thinking about in the wake of this week. You get to decide. :)

@jcgoble3 It was a fitting end to a great being. May we all be so lucky! Well done! =D=

Lady_Belligerent and jcgoble3 like this.
  6. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    I had no idea that keeping beings hydrated could involve so much discipline. [face_laugh] Some former characters of mine were really slacking on the job. (Though they were also distracted by...other things. :D)

jcgoble3 likes this.
  7. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    Eeek Jak’s got Hutt trouble.[face_worried]

Trieste likes this.
  8. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    And there's no particular brand of trouble like Hutt trouble. [face_devil]

jcgoble3 and Lady_Belligerent like this.
  9. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    Doing a happy dance over that shut out!! Bell knew the Sages were going downnnnn!
    *high fives* @HanSolo29

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I know, wrong sport. :p it’s still about the celly!!

10. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    I can't be mad about Joe Pavelski after everything he gave to the Sharks. ;)

PS I was two weeks out of date with the standings and stats, which are now up-to-date in case you'd like to see where your team is going into the halfway mark of the season. :D

Last edited: Nov 28, 2022
  11. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    That's right--not only did we have a 0-1 game this week, but for the second straight week the Sages scored zero points. Now that's a tough season. :(

12. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    @Sinrebirth, Ike better give a pep talk in the locker room.

Trieste and HanSolo29 like this.
  13. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Yeah, I'm just going to say, 'ouch.' :p

Although the Streaks didn't do so hot this week either.

14. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
  15. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    Yeah, Bell will play dirty. :p

16. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Serious question @galactic-vagabond422 @HanSolo29 @jcgoble3 @Lady_Belligerent @Master Vo'Un'Var @Mitth_Fisto @Sinrebirth @Tay Neir: the final game of the regular season is currently scheduled for December 25. Some people might be busy that day and the days leading up to it, making it difficult to get posts in. Reply to this thread with your preference from the following:
    1. Post scores as scheduled
    2. Post scores on December 26 for Monday Night Mesh'geroya
    3. Post scores on December 24 for Benduday Bolo-ball
    4. Take the week off and hold Week 7 on January 1
    PS @jcgoble3, our resident fact-checker, are the standings right? My Force precognition is tingling in the back of my brain making me think that there might be too many 3-2 teams.

17. Taylor Neir

Taylor Neir Jedi Master star 4

May 26, 2022
    @Trieste I would take the week off and hold week 7 on January 1st.

18. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    I would definitely consider a week off, but it’s entirely your call. :)

jcgoble3, HanSolo29 and Tay Neir like this.
  19. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I'd be good with either options 2 or 4. :)

Tay Neir and Lady_Belligerent like this.
  20. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Option 4. Let's take the week off and finish up the following week.

Understandable, but it balances with 20 wins and 20 losses combined. The 0-5 team is what's throwing you off.

The quickest way to check is to add up the total wins and the total losses; if they are not equal, something is wrong. That quick check won't catch all errors but it will catch many errors. (To catch all errors you'd have to go through the season results eight times and count each team's results one at a time -- I didn't do that here.)

EDIT: Two other quick checks like this you can do pertain to stats: total points scored should always equal total points allowed, and total point differential should always equal zero.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2022
  21. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    It did indeed throw me off. When I realize that's what was up, I was 95% sure the standings were right...but that 5% was enough to nibble at the back of my mind. ;)

Unless I hear differently, I will assume the likes to jc's post are double likes for "hold Week 7 until January 1" and his usual statistical prowess. :D

22. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Good old streakers! Have we ever had a streaker make it onto the field in the history of this RPG?

Last edited: Dec 15, 2022
  23. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Not that I can remember! Jak had to see to it that it stayed that way. ;)

jcgoble3 and Tay Neir like this.
  24. Taylor Neir

Taylor Neir Jedi Master star 4

May 26, 2022
    And what planet exactly did it happen on?

25. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    Yay Sages won one! @Sinrebirth
    Looks like the Streaks will be losing their mini bar privileges. :p

Trieste, jcgoble3 and Tay Neir like this.