main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Out of Bounds (The ELL OOC Thread)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Trieste, Sep 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SWNerd11

SWNerd11 Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 19, 2017
    I am partial to the conference system so my vote is for:

Keep 1 or 2 NPC teams (8 teams total) and keep the conferences. I would probably keep the current format of double round-robin in conference (6 games) and 1 game against every team out of conference.

Sent from my Comlink via Tapatalk

Trieste and Vehn like this.
  2. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    Age figured out: 11. A few years too young for my original idea, but I think I can make it work with a slight adjustment. :)

Edit: Actually 10, which works with my adjusted idea better. And said idea is submitted and waiting for approval. :D

Last edited: Jan 9, 2024
    Trieste likes this.
  3. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    @galactic-vagabond422 @jcgoble3 @Jedi Gunny @SWNerd11 @Vehn please look at the links in the lead post of the library thread to make sure they're going where they want. I also recommend you confirm your team sheets are up-to-date since there are lots of roster changes this season with many people returning.

I'm looking forward to this one and will get to work on the season schedule using the feedback you all graciously provided.

Jedi Gunny and jcgoble3 like this.
  4. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    Done and done! My CS and roster are now fully updated on the team post, which oddly is now old enough to be a teenager.

Trieste and jcgoble3 like this.
  5. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    My library thread post just turned 13 as well!

Trieste likes this.
  6. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    Yep library thread updated. Ready to rock here.

Trieste likes this.
  7. SWNerd11

SWNerd11 Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 19, 2017
    The Rebels are ready

8. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    My team roster is now in the library thread.

9. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    HSN8 the Ocho [face_laugh][face_laugh]

10. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    I came here to say this ^

Trieste and jcgoble3 like this.
  11. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    That was a last minute addition and I am disproportionately proud of it. :D

12. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    For those who weren't around (or were and dumped this fact with their mental RAM at some point ;)), we used to have a preseason in ELL. Teams would play "friendly" matches, usually against opponents from other leagues who weren't in the ELL. This was a way to keep some old rivalries alive and to give a plot point by which to determine what pundits would say about a team going into the ELL season.

@SWNerd11 asked to run a friendly for the Rebels this season. I endorsed it. He'll make the score for it on its own and share it in the game thread.

Everyone else has a similar dispensation if you'd like to spice up this week's posts with a preseason game. :D

13. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    That means it's time to renew the old Revolutionary War rivalry. Coruscant - Chandrila, oh yeah. :cool:

Vehn and Trieste like this.
  14. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Sometimes writing a post is like pushing a noodle. Other times it's like something is pushing you. My most recent post, I'm glad to say, was the latter.

If anyone needs an introduction or refresher to Trieste family history/politics/relationships/beefs, I am happy to oblige. ;)

15. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    I feel like today's post really encapsulates a lot from 50 years of this franchise, and drives home plenty of old story material in a new light. I hope the longtime players whom have shared in this journey enjoy seeing me finally pass the torch in the only way that felt right.

Vehn and Trieste like this.
  16. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    I think I can say the bar has been set for me in writing about the pressures of succeeding a limmie great. And it is a high bar indeed. :D

Vehn, SWNerd11 and Jedi Gunny like this.
  17. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    I will likely be unable to do scores on Sunday and Monday could also be tough.

As a result, I am looking for a volunteer to run scores this Sunday. :)

18. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    I decline to volunteer because I will be relaxing on a beach in Florida. :p

19. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    I can do it

20. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Standings and statistics are now updated. Many thanks to our Commissioner for a Day for taking care of this weekend's scores!

21. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    Vehn likes this.
  22. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    Welcome! My pleasure!

Lady_Belligerent likes this.
  23. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    In case anyone was curious, I approved Miner fans getting into an altercation (fight? brawl? noteworthy incident?) with the Streak. Honestly, for a planet that I've established likes its drinking, it's amazing it hasn't happened more. ;)

24. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    It’s likely that this is only the start of him touching off brawls in the stands. Yikes.

25. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Good thing Nar Shaddaa isn't in the league or the Streak could have been in trouble if he ever ran into Lars Steelhead. [face_laugh]

Also, I had no idea that's why performers had the color candy item in their rider! Fasincating--and it makes a lot more sense.

And here's an interesting observation on today's scores: every team who won in Week 1 lost in Week 3. Looks like there were some adjustments made by the losers in the rematches! ;)

Vehn and Lady_Belligerent like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.