main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Palpatine in Future Anthology Films

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by DarthSheev, Jul 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gigoran Monk

Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 2, 2016

Sure, why not?

2. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    As I posted elsewhere, Bob Odenkirk.
    There's a Better Call Saul story in here.

A small time hustler with a little Force ability who gets shown by Plagius that there's a much larger world out there for a Force Sensitive guy with flexible morals.

And of course, Naboo society shows you that if you want to make it in politics, you've got to put on a posh accent, just like Amidala does.

(My usual nonsense.)

3. Gigoran Monk

Dec 2, 2016

Better Call Sheev.

4. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I wouldn't mind seeing a young Palpatine story. Something similar to the Darth Plagueis novel (which I loved) but focusing on Sheev becoming Sidious, and maybe set about a decade earlier. Some interesting cameos could also appear in there...

5. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    If Snoke turns out to be Plagueis, I'd definitely advocate for a young Palaptine/Snoke film. It would then have added meaning.

DARTH_BELO likes this.
  6. DARTH_BELO

Nov 25, 2003
    Totes agree, themoth. If that turns out to be the case, I'm sure the idea of a Plagueis/Palpatine spinoff would have also garnered much more interest among casual moviegoers, rather than just hardcore fans who actually do have knowledge of the EU.

7. Gigoran Monk

Dec 2, 2016
    Please no young Palpatine. He's basically the devil in the OT and PT, and as such, the character with the least justification for an origin story. I don't need to see his young self either strangling puppies or being a super nice kid who goes bad.

Avnar and miasma like this.
  8. miasma

miasma Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 29, 2013
    As much as a Young Palpatine story intrigues me, I have to admit that it could go really wrong and demystify the character. Some characters are best left shrouded in some mystery, and I think Palpatine is one of those characters. Having said that, I admit that I did enjoy the Darth Plagueis novel, but with it being a book, it was easier for me to separate it from the films and see it just as a possible back-story, rather than as the definitive back-story, so the mystery still remained.

Gigoran Monk likes this.
  9. Rickleo123

Rickleo123 Jedi Knight star 3

May 20, 2016

You do realize the Devil himself has an origin story right? He was called the Archangel Lucifer and there is an elaborate story in the King James version of the Bible about his rise and fall from grace.

10. Gigoran Monk

Dec 2, 2016
    Yes, I know that. But I doubt an origin story for Palpatine will involve him as a fallen angel warring with the creator of the GFFA. It would, in keeping with canon, be a much more mundane affair. And I don't think we need to see Palpatine be mundane.

11. TheMoldyCrow

TheMoldyCrow Jedi Master star 3

Jun 16, 2015
    I love Palpatine and all, but he's a character that really doesn't need an anthology film about them. I wouldn't mind seeing him have a cameo in a film, however.

12. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    It seems like Darth Vader is the one that you will see appearing in alot of these movies while the emperor hides in the shadows and gives orders but personally i think it would be a shame if Ian McDermott didn't appear as Sidious for one of them even if its just a small cameo of sorts

How they would get the emperor involved? i dunno because i get the idea that for example if you do Han solo you are more likely to have Darth Vader appear then Sidious unless you have a really good reason to have him there.

13. Gigoran Monk

Dec 2, 2016
    Personally I like the idea of a senior Imperial functionary hearing the Emperor’s terrifying voice in an adjacent room while waiting for an audience with him, sweating a bit as he hears it, but then ultimately being rebuffed by the Emperor and not getting the audience. So, a cool voice cameo worked into the drama.

14. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    THREAD MERGE.

15. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    Oops i didn't know there was already a thread, my bad!

16. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
  17. CarboniteSolo

CarboniteSolo Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 11, 2013
    I would rather see Palpatine make a cameo in the Han Solo film, then I would seeing Vader again. But, he would have to look more closer to his Return of the Jedi look, than his Episode III look. That would probably mean that Vader would be close by, if the Emperor was around, so you would have to cameo both, not just Palpatine himself.

As far as a cameo in a spin-off, I would LOVE to see Palpatine shoot some lightning out of his hands and kill some people like Vader in Rogue One.

I don't know if they would ever make a film with a younger Palpatine, but you never know.

18. Gigoran Monk

Dec 2, 2016
    If the story calls for Palpatine, I think he needs to be kept in the shadows. Not fighting people mano a mano.

19. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    you could have him fit the Vader role from Rogue one where someone reports to him and he gives them orders.

Although for some reason id imagine such a thing would only happen if it was behind vaders back.

20. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016

Well, technically he still looked like ROTS Palpatine even by the time of ESB...

[​IMG]

21. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Hell, he made a cameo in the Lando comic miniseries which is about the last place I would have expected him to show up so you never know. I thought it worked pretty well in the story as well.

22. The Legions of Lettow

The Legions of Lettow Jedi Master star 5

Oct 14, 2015
    There's no lack of debunking proof. Why do Snoke is... supporters lack reason and imagination? Just yesterday I posted a link to Yahoo summarizing Snoke theories, not knowing Rax is dead. There is Zeroh chance Snoke is a character from the GL movies. And Zeroh is frequently cited by the pseudo-journalists at Yahoo.

Yeah, Seth MacFarlane was great!

And Ian.

Palpatine is a great supporting character. As the main character, I'm not so sure. Especially in a movie. Maybe one episode or 3-4 episode arc in Underworld. Wanna see that woman who broke his heart.

23. DARTH_BELO

Nov 25, 2003

You realize I posted that comment over two years ago, right? ;)

At any rate, there is no proof that exists either way, even at this point, that straight up confirms Snoke is OR is not Plagueis. All we have on EITHER side is still just speculation, whether supporters (or doubters) want to admit it or not.

I will say that I'm less convinced now of this theory than I was two years ago, when I wrote that post, but as I would love if it were true I am still leaving it on the table-although I would be perfectly fine if he were not. Its at least better than several other crazy theories out there...

I am not meaning to get into a Plagueis conversation here as it is off topic, so this will be my last post on it. [face_peace]

24. The Legions of Lettow

The Legions of Lettow Jedi Master star 5

Oct 14, 2015
    2 years ago? Didn't think I was so bored I dug that deep. If LFL would be so kind as to release a trailer? I'm serious. Firing 3 directors and hiring 2 new ones and a possible Young Kenobi film. Can't they give us something to talk about until Christmas?

DARTH_BELO likes this.
  25. DARTH_BELO

Nov 25, 2003
    Well, hang in there. We have 10 days-unless Hamill is trolling us again! :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.