main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Planets in Episode IX

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by sheri1967, Dec 12, 2017.

1. Wildcatbarry

Wildcatbarry Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2015
    That SCREAMS Star Wars if you ask me @Kor

Would love to see Tatooine again especially the place Luke first learned about the Force - Old Ben's abode.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2018
    Django Fett likes this.
  2. TheGhostOfZero

TheGhostOfZero Jedi Master star 2

Sep 5, 2016
    I suppose they'll still be following the theme from the last two films of Rey experiencing new phenomena after spending all of get life in Jakku. In that case, a hellish location like Mustafar make too much sense to not end the trilogy with.

Personally, I'd like to see Felucia show up again, or maybe a place similar to Giant's Causeway in Ireland.

[​IMG]

Wildcatbarry likes this.
  3. DarthHass

DarthHass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2004
    I wanna see jakku again. Maybe the first order is building a secret base around it. And the resistance goes to jakku to stop it but Rey gets separated and taken away to a village of teedos, where they braid her hair and give her a nice sand-dress....

Wait a minute...

Last edited: Mar 29, 2018
    Avnar likes this.
  4. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    I agree! I would go even further, and say the CGI was realistic in 2002, for Coruscant; the speeder chase Scene still looks real today. The thing that worries me, is that they may be too lazy to recreate Coruscant; or that they will be afraid of the backlash from the Haters saying "Wahh! Too much CGI!". It doesn't make any sense that they would just pretend that Coruscant didn't exist; the city planet is the most populated planet in the Galaxy.

Jo Lucas likes this.
  5. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    I’d love to see an entire planet made up of old Jedi robes because when you think about it there used to be a lot of Jedi in the galaxy at one point which means there were a lot of robes in the galaxy too. That’s just a fact. Maybe after the Jedi were killed off and disrobed all their old robes swirled together to form a planet of robe. The planet is called Robe One.

6. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I used to think I'd want to see Tattooine again, but I'm actually okay if we don't. Seeing it in ROTJ, with all that went down, and the Falcon and Luke's X-Wing flying away from it before moving on with the story seems a very fitting end of our time with Tattooine for me. I'm perfectly fine with that last shot being the last we see of the planet, sort of a "leaving Tattooine, with all its history in the past" sort of thing. It was a part of Anakin and Luke's history in terms of story, but that's about it from any characters that followed thru to the ST. The trilogies that focused on those two characters are done, and the focus is now on others who don't even know (presumably) what Tattooine is.

As far as other planets, I wouldn't mind seeing Kashyyyk and Coruscant again. One that we haven't seen before which I really hope for is Chandrila. Wouldn't mind that being made the new headquarters of the New Republic again, now that the Hosnian system is destroyed. Mon Calamari would be cool too, we haven't seen a planet where everything takes place underwater before. (I don't count Otoh Gungah, as it was only for a meeting over a few minutes.) With the release of Aquaman coming, we may be able to see what a potential planet with underwater cities may look like.

Either way, I'd like to have a chunk of the film center on a planet with an alien race. So far in the ST, we've gotten only Takodana and Canto Bight-which were basically hodgepodges of many different kinds of alien races. Like we got in AOTC and ROTS, I really want to see them go to some planet primarily occupied by a non-human looking-alien race: Trandosha, Bothawui, Kashyyyk, Mon Calamari, Sullust, Rodia, Ando, Ryloth, etc.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2018
    Baron_Papanerd likes this.
  7. DarthHass

Nov 20, 2004
    Actually I could see JJ Abrams paying homage to return of the Jedi with the resistance making a deal to get help from the hurts and some conflict at the beginning of the movie takes them to nal hutta. That would be cool to see.

JJ seems to like parallels to George's original films so I could see him doing the same to ROTJ. I think Rian Johnson undid that with the snoke throne room and death but that's ok. JJ still has other parts of the film he can.....um......draw inspiration from.

So yes. Nal Hutta. 24/7 Hutts

Last edited: Apr 7, 2018
  8. Cantina Regular

Cantina Regular Jedi Knight star 3

May 24, 2016
    Ilum was starkiller base. So that ones out. But I like your choices

9. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    I feel it is time for Tatooine to return to the story, however there isn't any link there for it to return.:(

10. DarthHass

Nov 20, 2004
    Was Ilum star killer base? Was the canonized?

11. Cantina Regular

Cantina Regular Jedi Knight star 3

May 24, 2016
    I wanna say yes but indirectly. An ahsoka book has her return to ilum and the empire has ripped chunks out of the planet’s crust to harvest kyber crystals. I assume the starkiller laser would also be kyber based.

12. HankSolo

HankSolo Jedi Master star 3

Dec 3, 2012
    Had Abbadon.

Jo Lucas likes this.
  13. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    Coruscant. I need to see it in the ST and what state its in. If they won't show us Coruscant at least once, I'll be very sad.

Also some other civilised populated planets, like we had Naboo in the PT. No more backwater sparsely populated crap holes of the galaxy please. I want to see the industrial and cultural capitals of the galaxy.

14. dogprivilege

dogprivilege Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2015
    Yeah, I'd really love to see a prequel planet. I hope they don't continue to feel the need to shy away from them because this trilogy needs some worldbuilding and seeing Coruscant or Naboo and how they've changed would be a great way of tying the ST to the rest of the saga and giving the ST conflict greater stakes. Like RJ tried with Canto Bight but it just wasn't a good sequence plus it just felt too disconnected from the rest of the story so it wasn't as impactful.

15. Baron_Papanerd

May 1, 2014
    The funny thing is that for me, unlike most people, I thought Canto Bight was one of the better parts of TLJ. Despite the fact that I was disappointed that Canto Bight didn't play a major Role in the movie like I was expecting(from the amount of Location work that we saw), it felt more like Star Wars to me, than most of the other depressing parts of the movie. And it was nice to actually visit a planet with a populated city again.

DARTH_BELO likes this.
  16. Ubraniff Zalkaz

Ubraniff Zalkaz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2014
    Coruscant looked its best in RO.

IlhamKamaruddin likes this.
  17. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014
    A non-Gungan underwater planet would be cool, if they work in some interesting architecture with the underwater buildings and tunnels.

Some kind of flooding room sequence during a battle could be exciting.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2018
    Baron_Papanerd and DARTH_BELO like this.
  18. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    [​IMG]

19. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003

Plus I'd imagine each Jedi probably had more than just one robe. So...that's a lot more even....

The Regular Mustache likes this.
  20. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    Mind BLOWN!!!

DARTH_BELO likes this.
  21. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    In that case, there are probably a few robe moons orbiting Robe One. The next trilogy could even have a new rebellion with a secret base on Robe 4.

22. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    That’s no muumuu.

23. Adept

Adept Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2006
    The grand tour of populated worlds it is then!

24. Baron_Papanerd

May 1, 2014
    I don't mind seeing planets that are barren outposts; I just like variety. The galaxy is a big place after all. ;)

25. KitsterAKABobaFett

KitsterAKABobaFett Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 31, 2007
    So Victoria Mahoney (2nd unit director) posted this tweet...

A prairie planet perhaps? I'm down for the Terrence Malick vibes...