main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Solo Poll: Favourite Solo Character

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by Jordan1Kenobi , May 24, 2018.

?

Who was your favourite Solo character?

1. Han Solo

69 vote(s)
    29.7%
  2. Chewbacca

40 vote(s)
    17.2%
  3. Lando Calrissian

28 vote(s)
    12.1%
  4. Qi’ra

27 vote(s)
    11.6%
  5. Tobias Beckett

17 vote(s)
    7.3%
  6. Dryden Vos

6 vote(s)
    2.6%
  7. L3-37

9 vote(s)
    3.9%
  8. Enfys Nest

30 vote(s)
    12.9%
  9. Val

1 vote(s)
    0.4%
  10. Rio Durant

5 vote(s)
    2.2%
  1. WookieeShampoo

WookieeShampoo Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 28, 2015
    1. Qi`ra
    2. L3
    3. Lando
    4. Nest
    5. Han

Glitterstimm likes this.
  2. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    Can THAT "Cameo" please be added ?

Darkslayer likes this.
  3. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    Han was my favorite with Lando a close second! I thought Woody Harrelson did a great job and I am not a big fan of Woody Harrelson his voice annoys me but he shined in this especially the Holochess scene with Chewie! I also loved Rio Durant I thought they killed him off to soon and as usual Chewie was great!

4. Pliolite

Pliolite Jedi Master star 3

May 3, 2014
    Both Val and Rio would have been great characters if they were in it for longer than 2 minutes... It's like they needed to kill them off early cause they had L3 and Lando coming later on and it kinda wouldn't work with all of them in the mix together. I just wish we could get them onscreen for longer...ah well.

whostheBossk and Bor Mullet like this.
  5. Rodney-2187

Rodney-2187 Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 6, 2015
    I'd be up for an Enfys Nest novel, to expand on the character.

Siphonophore and Bor Mullet like this.
  6. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    That's a common argh I have with movies.
    "Here's our team of fun interesting characters. Now in the first action sequence we kill most of them off because they make the narrative too complicated for the scriptwriter."

Pacific Rim, Mission Impossible...

7. Rodney-2187

Rodney-2187 Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 6, 2015
    Trying to stay alive while everyone else around his is dying has a lot to do with why Han is who he is. It's all character building.

8. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Wua ga ma uma ahuma ooma.

9. Ithorians

Ithorians Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    I have a hard time pinpointing a favorite character in Solo. My favorites are usually antagonists/obscure characters. When it comes to those, Dryden Vos was ok for me, and I greatly enjoyed the cameo. Quay Tolsite (good to finally see a Pike in live action), the sabbacc players, Enfys Nest were great additions too...

And, I really liked Moloch. I thought it was a great design (felt very Star Wars to me). Actually, feels somewhat underused as of now; I would love to see him a little more in future media, moving away from Solo´s story.

whostheBossk and Jarrus like this.
  10. Twilek_Aide

Twilek_Aide Jedi Master star 1

Apr 21, 2002
    Beckett, Han, Val, Rio and Qi’ra. Also L3-37 for laughs. I like Beckett. Throughout I was thinking “where you been?” I haven’t seen you since The Hunger Games. You were my favourite in that series as well. I was impressed how much younger Han managed to sound like Harrison Ford’s older Han. I really liked Val, it’s a pity she was killed off so soon. Same with Rio. Qi’ra is pretty and I like her mysterious manipulation. She’s interesting. I wasn’t sure about Lando’s portrayal. He’s decent in looks but he’s missing something.

11. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    L3 for sure. I had heard all kinds of outrage about her, which just made her a pleasant surprise for me.

What a funny character, in the best way (the character is unaware). Very quirky, very human, again in a good way. She's like your funny/eccentric aunt who doesn't know she's funny.

And, god, I love the way she moves, it's both robotic and human. A robot mimicking humans. Whoever was responsible for all of that did an amazing job.

I'm usually the type that likes my droids to just be droids, I don't like a lot of humanity in them, but this works in all the best ways, and avoids the worst ones.

Sarge and Bor Mullet like this.
  12. Dandelo

Dandelo SW and Film Music Interview Host star 10 VIP - Game Host

Aug 25, 2014
  13. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    Qi'ra was really engaging and something of an enigma to me, so I voted for her.

14. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    I'm going with Lando, as he was the most entertaining and had the most screen presence to me.

Darth Chuck Norris likes this.
  15. Darth Buzz

Darth Buzz Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2018
    Han Solo, Alden did a phenomenal job. Beckett was pretty sweet also.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  16. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    My favorite isn't an option!

[​IMG]

Blobofat and chris hayes like this.
  17. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    I always feel like legacy characters shouldn't be included in these polls. They have an unfair advantage, and skew the results.

Sarge likes this.
  18. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Generally I agree with you, but I think Solo is the exception. The film is all about legacy characters, as opposed to them having secondary roles as in the other new films.

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  19. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    #TeamBeckett

Bor Mullet and Darth Buzz like this.
  20. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Fair point.

21. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
  22. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Beckett was fantastic I will admit!

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  23. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    Alden did a great job of creating the young, naive Han to be like Luke in Episode IV but with the opposite journey. Luke and Han are both optimistic youth looking to escape their circumstances but where Luke gets to become a hero for a movement worth fighting for, Han gets entangled into the criminal underworld. After the train heist, Han wants to join Crimson Dawn even after Beckett's warning. By the end, Han sees the ugly side of this world with all the double crosses and personal gain.

Really was the closest we have to a Breaking Bad version of SW. And Alden did a great job.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  24. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    The little green alien singer in the floating jar. Love that guy.

TCF-1138 and EHT like this.
  25. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    This is why I desperately hope the Anthology series is just on a hiatus and not completely over with. With just two films they've created so many memorable characters it's hard to pick a favorite. As much as I love the ST it just feels like they've been much more cautious with it. Whereas with the spinoffs they've been more creative and willing to take risks and it's paid off big time.