main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Poll: Hayden in ROTJ: Good or Bad Decision?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by masterjedi747, Oct 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lordortheringssuck

lordortheringssuck Jedi Youngling

Dec 13, 2004
    What I'm saying is that Anakin never existed as the old man as we seen him at the finale of "Jedi" his physical form that is, his spirt was traped in a pergatory state (maybe). Perhaps held back by something within the dark side. I guess we'll have to wait till May to know the real anser. We can debate back and forth but,without knowing the story behind it is like clapping with one hand.It all boyles down to if you think it looks cool or not? I happen to like it equally young and old. I just think it adds a more personl level to the story,a much deeper meaning to the whole Skywalker jurney. I like it, and I have faith that George will make it all work.

2. DINVADER_RETURNS

DINVADER_RETURNS Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 10, 2003
    Lucas needs to get some people around him with some guts to tell him when some things just dont fit.

HE does have people like that. But that doesn't mean he has to take their advice, as high up ILMER Dan Gregoire said when I asked him that very question in a hyperspace chat, they give George input, on what they like and dislike, sometimes he agrees with them, sometimes not. George is ultimately the director he can do what he wants, regardless if some hate it.

3. Alowicious_ReX

Alowicious_ReX Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 15, 2004
    Bad, but at least that PotF Jedi Spirits Cinema Scene might be worth something in 20 years. :)

4. Juken_Rukhan

Juken_Rukhan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 27, 2004
  5. The-Tennis-Ball-Kid

The-Tennis-Ball-Kid Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2004
  6. Hudnall

Hudnall Jedi Youngling star 5

Feb 23, 2004

If 100% of your fans love it the original way and NOONE has ever complained about it ... ever.

But 40% of your fans hate the change and only 50% like the change, then that is good sign you shouldn't have changed it AT ALL.

Going from 100% to 50% is not "good".

7. Ididitall4thewookie

Ididitall4thewookie Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 29, 2004
    Besides, how could his spirit take on a form that never existed? I mean when he was unmasked he was a bald stump, he never had the form we saw in the original. (Picture this a bald leggless, armless ghost next to Yoda and Ben.)

Then the image is STILL flawed because Anakin also "never existed" as a young man with long hair and two working flesh and blood arms, and also never donned the light colored robes that we see in the image now.

8. DarthyMarkyMark

DarthyMarkyMark Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2003
    53% would win you an election, though. ;)

If it went to the vote, so far, the majority says Good.

9. Palpateen

Palpateen Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2000
    But 40% of your fans hate the change and only 50% like the change, then that is good sign you shouldn't have changed it AT ALL.

I'd like to see you concretely PROVE that 40% of the "fans" dislike something.

For starters, 40% of WHAT? How many fans do the star wars films have? There's not a registry of sw fans. And their opinions change.

Besides, Lucas is not obligated to please the fans.
    When he made the original film, he was only pleasing himself. He had no fans.

Besides, LOL, if you're Lucas, even if you DID lose half your fans, he's still got tens of millions of STAR WARS fans anyway. STAR WARS remains enormously popular. Which is one of the most fun things about it. Critics and know-it-alls never stop beating on it, yet it just keeps on going. Lucas is so confident of continued success, he just moved most of his companies into new offices in San Francisco that he paid 300 million dollars to build, even as he built a new production facility at Big Rock Ranch (at a cost of 81 million dollars) which is right next to Skywalker Ranch. He's doing great! He wouldn't be expanding, and buying more property and building more facilities if Star Wars was fading. Star Wars is his main source of income and it's very, very healthy.

10. Leias_love_slave

Leias_love_slave Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 26, 2003
    Hudnall's numbers might not be scientifically accurate...

...but he makes an interesting point.

If a singer performed a song on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday night and got a standing ovation each night, then performed an altered version of the song on Friday - where only half the audience stood up and applauded while the other half sat there with sour looks on their faces...

...I wonder what the mindset of the performer would be, and which version they would want to perform on Saturday night?

11. Brood

Brood Jedi Youngling

Dec 15, 2004
    then if the singer performed the old version on Saturday night, the 50 % of the audience that liked the alternate version better on Friday wouldn't like the old one as much, so again you'll have only 50 % giving it a standing ovation.

my vote : good

12. The-Tennis-Ball-Kid

The-Tennis-Ball-Kid Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2004
    You're assuming that it's the same audience each night, and that they liked it better, some of them might like it better, but some of them would say they like them about the same.

13. Leias_love_slave

Oct 26, 2003
    (technical problem)

14. Leias_love_slave

Oct 26, 2003
  15. LordJedi

LordJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 15, 2001
    He wouldn't be expanding, and buying more property and building more facilities if Star Wars was fading.

Yeah, because it's not like Skywalker Sound and ILM ONLY work on Star Wars. They've never done any work on any other films...oh wait.

GL may make his bread and butter on Star Wars, but let's not pretend that he wants to keep working on it. He's said numerous times in the recent past that he wants to move on to other things and that ROTS is it for Star Wars. He's bought up all that property so he can expand his other companies to make bigger and better films.

16. SkottASkywalker

SkottASkywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2002
    Hayden Christensen in STAR WARS EPISODE VI: RETURN OF THE JEDI is a great descison. George Lucas knows what he is doing. Bring on STAR WARS EPISODE III: REVENGE OF THE SITH!

17. Ackyuna

Ackyuna Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 30, 2004
    HORRIBLE! WORST THING EVER PUT IN STAR WARS!!!(other than ewoks)

18. Binary_Sunset

Binary_Sunset Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2000
  19. DeathStalker

DeathStalker Jedi Youngling

Dec 20, 2004
    BAD *VERY* BAD

20. Shelley

Shelley Jedi Youngling star 5

Sep 9, 2001
    Enjoying the REAL OT on DVD since July 2003.

Wow, you got the truly original versions of each movie on DVD? Like, when ANH wasn't even ANH but just "Star Wars," with no episode number or sub-title? How'd you swing that?

BAD *VERY* BAD

HORRIBLE! WORST THING EVER PUT IN STAR WARS!!!(other than ewoks)

Heh. The above opinions make me like the change more and more, and I wish Lucas had digitally inserted even more Ewoks into ROTJ. Though I do like how he has Gungans in the end celebration. I just wish he'd digitally put an elderly Jar Jar in the background of the cantina during Episode IV.

21. Ominous

Ominous Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 30, 2004
    Has anyone taken the time to ask who grew up with the OT and who did not. I bet that you will find that most "old school" SW fans will hate the change and most FNGs to SW (post 1983) like it. Just a thought. I am from the "old school," saw ANH in '77. I personally like all the changes because I am a pure SW fan. Besides it ties together the 2 trilogies. It's GL's baby let him do what he thinks is right for his art. There are very specific reasons why he is doing all this to his movies and I don't think the checklist had "piss off SW fans" on it as part of the reasons. It will all come together in May 2005.

22. tuskinraiderfromhell

tuskinraiderfromhell Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 14, 2004
    AMEN! "brother" I to am from the old school an LOVE the changes and the prequels. Hats off to Goerge for keeping a 27 year old movie fresh. And for adding more depth to the story,weather with windows in cloud city or a young spirt of Anakin. It makes his world more believeable more real.Bring on ROTS.

FUNKIN' A BUBA

23. Loco_for_Lucas

Loco_for_Lucas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 15, 2002
    Heh. The above opinions make me like the change more and more, and I wish Lucas had digitally inserted even more Ewoks into ROTJ. Though I do like how he has Gungans in the end celebration. I just wish he'd digitally put an elderly Jar Jar in the background of the cantina during Episode IV.

It's okay, he's doing a good job making a joke out of himself the way he's going.

24. Eagle888

Eagle888 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 30, 2000
    Indifferent.

25. DarkSithDrew

DarkSithDrew Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.