main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Popular characters that you never cared for.

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by -MUSTAFAR-, Mar 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -MUSTAFAR-

-MUSTAFAR- Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 5, 2009
    Chewbacca - Everyone except for me seems to have this great affection for the walking carpet. From the very beginning I personally found him both dumb and annoying.

Boba Fett - To me he doesn't have the amazing presence that other Star Wars fans think he has.

2. Black-Tiger

Black-Tiger Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 25, 2008
    Boba Fett and Darth Maul. Being villains I don?t care for them anyway, but regarding story potential they were extremely underused considering their great potential. Personally speaking, if there had been 9 episodes then Maul should?ve been the new villain in ROTJ, rather than Palpatine. Maul could?ve been another of Palpatine?s henchmen sent to convert Luke and to take on Vader.

3. Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon

Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 17, 2000
    Were Jar-Jar, Anakin, and Padme ever popular?:p

4. Black-Tiger

Nov 25, 2008
    I hear that Jar-Jar was popular as a target in darts.

5. BarkingFrog

BarkingFrog Jedi Master star 2

Jan 4, 2009
    Qui-Gon. He's not bad, but I don't find him as awesome as most people.

6. EECHUUTA

EECHUUTA Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 19, 2007
    I don't care for Boba Fett or Han Solo. I don't mind Boba Fett in the movies, but he is ******* too much in the EU.
    Han is kind of meh after ANH.

7. rechedelphar

rechedelphar Jedi Master star 6

Mar 29, 2004
    Never been a Chewbacca fan. There are several moments in the Classic Trilogy where I'm thinking, what the hell is he doing?

8. Eternity85

Eternity85 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 24, 2008
    I think i somehow care about most of the populare characters [face_thinking] I think i just cared less for some than others. I didnt dislike Jar Jar so much, but i didnt like his role in the story. He gave emergency power to Papatine [face_frustrated]

9. Black-Tiger

Nov 25, 2008
    He was great in ESB though. :confused: But I agree that in ROTJ he was "meh".

10. Palp_Faction

Palp_Faction Force Ghost star 4

Feb 3, 2002
    I was never a huge Chewie fan either. I was quite glad he was bumped off in the EU as he just got in the way and had served his usefulness.

11. Grand_Moff_Jawa

Grand_Moff_Jawa Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 31, 2001
    Without a doubt, Boba Fett.

Yeah, he's got a cool look, but he hasn't actually done anything to prove he's such a bad*** character. He follows Han and company to Cloud City, thereby tipping off the Empire to their location. But who actually captures Solo and friends? Darth Vader. When next we see Fett in ROTJ, he's flirting with alien females. Wait, he did point his gun once, now that I think of it. He gets killed off in the most insane way possible. Apparently, his backpack can be activated merely by hitting it with an object. No pats on the back for this guy!

Why is he so popular? Meh, don't ask me. :rolleyes:

12. drg4

drg4 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    The Emperor--Sorry, but I just can't accept that this mincing, cackling maroon is Vader's boss. He'd fit right in in a Monty Python production.

On the other hand, the Palpatine of TPM, AOTC and the first half of ROTS is wonderful.

13. EmeraldBlade

EmeraldBlade Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 19, 2008
    Boba Fett.

To me, he does not even look impressive. Actually, he looks positively unimpressive.

14. Black-Tiger

Nov 25, 2008
    He wasn't like that in ROTJ. I guess maybe Lucas made him like that after he watched too much Wacky Races?

15. yodas_waiter

yodas_waiter Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 31, 2006
    Boba Fett.

Mainly because the EU has turned him into such a Gary Stu

16. Darth-Johnny-Cash

Darth-Johnny-Cash Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 26, 2009
    I loved Palps after watching ROTJ he really scared the be Jesus out of me. After the PT I can take im or leave him.

17. ExarKunPJ

ExarKunPJ Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 14, 2005
    I've never really cared for Anakin, I've always found him... annoying at best. It's possibly more Hayden Christensen than the actual character itself, but still.

Another is Leia for some reason. Jabba's palace scene aside, I've always been a bit indifferent towards Leia's role in the films.

18. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I agree...I've never really thought Leia was that great...

I agree about Qui-Gonn, too. I like him a LOT, but I don't hail him as so great as many others seem to.

And finally, I'm gonna go out on a limb here...I don't care for Han Solo that much! I know, I know, don't hate me...I like him, but I just...get sick of him easily. I guess.

19. Wookiee_Vader

Wookiee_Vader Jedi Master star 2

Aug 21, 2007
    General Grievous... if he's even that much of a popular character. I always thought he was a kinda stupid addition to RotS, especially the lightsabres. He kinda reminds me of a villain from a superhero film. And some of his dialogue is so cheesy...

20. Black-Tiger

Nov 25, 2008
    He was unintentionally slapstick too

21. superpowers

superpowers Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 8, 2009
    on top of that he coughs all the time and he doesn't even have any lungs haha

22. Black-Tiger

Nov 25, 2008
    George Lucas watches Pink Panther Strikes Again........"Ahh, I know, General Grievous!" :rolleyes:

"The Bells! The Bells!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXyfgBnnmIM

Kung Fu weapons = Light Sabres

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IA8QrOAghZ0

23. GuNgAnFaN3090

GuNgAnFaN3090 Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 16, 2008
    Palpatine and Leia. They just kinda...bored me. I'm not sure what it was. [face_thinking] I like Leia when it's "Han and Leia" but not Leia as her own character. If that makes sense.

24. woj101

woj101 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Feb 19, 2000
    Mace Windu = chump

25. Lexi

Lexi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 9, 2002
    ^^Same. I've never liked Mace Windu, but I don't have any good reason as to why. I was actually hoping for him to be a bad guy in RotS, so my dislike wouldn't be uncalled-for.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.