main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC22 Positive for COVID-19

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by star_wars_is_good, May 31, 2022.

1. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
    Deapite doing my best to take precautions, I tested positive for COVID-19 this morning.

I would encourage everyone who attended Celebration to get tested.

JonSB likes this.
  2. JonSB

JonSB Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 20, 2018
    Man, sorry to hear that. Did you test because you had some symptoms or just precaution?

3. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    My brother had a party recently and half of everyone tested for Covid. I am now the only person in my family not to get Covid

4. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    My voice was hoarse yesterday, but I thought I had just wrecked my vocal cords yelling at Ewan and Hayden all weekend. Throat was really sore when I woke up this morning, so I took a test.

5. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Especially be sure to test if you know someone who is immunocompromised

6. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Sorry to hear that - hope it's a mild case. Is there any info on the website about what to do if you test positive after Cele - like letting the organizers know so they can spread the word?

7. j-jawa3

j-jawa3 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2004
    SWisG, When I had it and coughed VERY much and hard, same thing goes with sore throats, gets some popcicles, they always help! hope you get well soon, Don't give up, never surrender!

8. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Unfortunately no. ReedPop didn't care enough to enforce their mask mandate this week, so I doubt they care about notifying people after the fact.

I've contacted everyone I've spent time with this week and while it's still early I don't personally know anyone else who has tested positive yet. Looking through social media though it certainly appears like this is going to be a super spreader event.

Last edited: May 31, 2022
  9. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Posting it here should help spread the word as well. Hope you feel better soon..

star_wars_is_good likes this.
  10. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I mean how many people go to celebration? 15k? A percentage of those were bound to get Covid.

11. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    And I'm sure some of those who feel lousy will just think it's the 'con crud'. If you feel ill get a test folks!

Lowbacca_1977 likes this.
  12. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Sorry to hear that man. Praying for you to get well soon.

13. BrentC007

BrentC007 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Oct 6, 2002
    I’m so sorry to hear you tested positive @star_wars_is_good I hope you feel better soon!

my brother and i both got alerts on our phones today from the CA health department that we may have come in contact with someone who tested positive. So we got tested but they came back negative.

Last edited: May 31, 2022
  14. j-jawa3

Sep 4, 2004
    SW is G, I thought there was an incubation period? Did you fly into Anaheim? was there a mask requirement on the plane or airport? I was surprised to see people with and without the masks at Cele. esp. after Reed absolutely telling everyone masks were required inside the building! Do get well!

15. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I hope you will only have a mild case.

Travel, convention, dining out - trip to Celebration means that you meet a lot of people and unfortunately that increases the risk of COVID.

16. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    Appreciated the heads up mate. Negative so far so hopefully it stays that way.

17. groove790

groove790 Jedi Master star 2

Aug 16, 2010
    Try 70k+. Definitely a super spreader event. We all knew the risks though. I plan on testing today. No symptoms yet though.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

18. groove790

Aug 16, 2010
    I was disappointed that we never got to connect but now I'm not so disappointed.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

19. StarWarsFan1997

StarWarsFan1997 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jun 22, 2005
    I took a home test yesterday and came up negative. I kept a mask on whenever I was inside the building and on the train and plane rides to and from Anaheim. I didn’t wear it out in the food truck area. Like @groove790 said, we all knew the risks.

20. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Me too. Hope you and your son stay safe!

21. groove790

Aug 16, 2010
    That was in jest, I am disappointed we didn't connect and hopefully we can next time. I hope Covid is kind to you! Stay safe and May the Force be with you!

22. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    I know :)

23. j-jawa3

Sep 4, 2004
    SW is G, hope you are feeling a little better, esp. that sore throat!

24. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Chosen One star 7

Jun 28, 2006
    I suspect it'll be a lot of cases based on the lack of masks at Celebration really not helping the situation.

With the time from exposure to symptoms with omicron being more like 3 days, that's short enough to have a whole round of transmission over the course of Celebration, with some people that got COVID at the start of Celebration infectious by the end of Celebration.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2022
  25. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    I've had it twice already and the maskless hordes on the livestream helped me to feel better about not having gone.